ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gas mask lenses

Go down 
+2
Fonnezz
Paintedhead5121
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Paintedhead5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Paintedhead5121

Gas mask lenses Empty
PostSubject: Gas mask lenses   Gas mask lenses Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:35 pm

I must apologise in advance if this post is 'stating the bleedin obvious', but if your collection is anything like mine you will have numerouse British infantry man / sabotage gas masks missing their lenses.

I have found that by using the clear plastic of clam shell packaging (in this instance from some easter eggs my kids got) I could make some new lenses.

The only thing I had to do was find something to use to draw an appropriately size circle. I used a stencil that we had kicking around (like you do when the wife is a teacher and you have young children). The diameter of the lens is about 13mm.

Sorry I have no pictures, but an easy fix to an annoying problem.
Back to top Go down
Fonnezz
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Fonnezz

Gas mask lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas mask lenses   Gas mask lenses Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:40 pm

PH5121 wrote:
I must apologise in advance if this post is 'stating the bleedin obvious', but if your collection is anything like mine you will have numerouse British infantry man / sabotage gas masks missing their lenses.

I have found that by using the clear plastic of clam shell packaging (in this instance from some easter eggs my kids got) I could make some new lenses.

The only thing I had to do was find something to use to draw an appropriately size circle. I used a stencil that we had kicking around (like you do when the wife is a teacher and you have young children). The diameter of the lens is about 13mm.

Sorry I have no pictures, but an easy fix to an annoying problem.

Superb idea, thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

Gas mask lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas mask lenses   Gas mask lenses Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:50 pm

well Done that Man an outstanding Idea, great info  Very Happy Very Happy 

Sabotage
thierry

Gas mask lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas mask lenses   Gas mask lenses Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi PH5121 ,

I ' use the industrial packagings of the cake for this realization....

Gas mask lenses Lbh-9110
Back to top Go down
Cappy
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Cappy

Gas mask lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas mask lenses   Gas mask lenses Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 3:39 pm

I'll have to look into this one  Laughing Rolling Eyes 

Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Paintedhead5121

Gas mask lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas mask lenses   Gas mask lenses Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:35 am

If anyone would like some plastic with the 13mm diameter circles drawn on to cut out themsleves drop me a pm for my address and send me a stamped addressed envelope and I will gladly  send you some.

Paul
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

Gas mask lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas mask lenses   Gas mask lenses Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Gas mask lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas mask lenses   Gas mask lenses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas mask lenses
Page 1 of 1