ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Origins of My 1/6 collecting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

Origins of My 1/6 collecting Empty
PostSubject: Origins of My 1/6 collecting   Origins of My 1/6 collecting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 3:00 am

Please allow Me a brief run down memory lane. Long ago when I was about 7, I got a Barbie which I don't know which one she was but I remember she had jeans and maybe a jean jacket. I liked her and keep in Mind I was collecting lines like MOTU, TMNT, G.I. Joe 3", Ghostbusters and the like so it was unusual for Me to want and get a figure like that. She was My only one I ever got really I really just didn't consider her a girl's toy at the time but found that she was really fun thus she became My first 11" figure of that kind. So, fast forward about twenty years later I started kit-bashing 1/6 figures, male & female figures from various 1/6 companies (which you can see throughout the board). With that being said I believe having that Barbie all those years prior helped Me because that fun was still in Me and I really digged making 1/6 female as they just ain't fun to look at but they are fun to dress and especially display. So I believe this to be My origins to all of My 1/6-12" figure collecting over the past 20 years Shocked

So does anybody else have a experience like this Question

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Origins of My 1/6 collecting   Origins of My 1/6 collecting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 2:06 pm

When I was about 4 or 5 years old, I was awakened one night. My father showed me an
Action Soldier in the box. He said we would talk about it the next morning.

The next day I got the Joe, but no stickers or manual or box. My mother had a way of
throwing things away.

I later got a Johnny West and an Action Pilot. Those were the only two Joes I had
growing up. The pilot ended up in the trash a few years later after his elbow pegs broke
off.

But I still have the Action Soldier. Of my figures he is my most prized. Years later I was
able to get new hands for him.

I have had a lot of figures in different scales growing up, but they are all gone except
for the Action Soldier. He is almost as old as I am.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Origins of My 1/6 collecting   Origins of My 1/6 collecting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 4:50 pm

TNshooter wrote:
When I was about 4 or 5 years old, I was awakened one night. My father showed me an
Action Soldier in the box. He said we would talk about it the next morning.

The next day I got the Joe, but no stickers or manual or box. My mother had a way of
throwing things away.

I later got a Johnny West and an Action Pilot. Those were the only two Joes I had
growing up. The pilot ended up in the trash a few years later after his elbow pegs broke
off.

But I still have the Action Soldier. Of my figures he is my most prized. Years later I was
able to get new hands for him.

I have had a lot of figures in different scales growing up, but they are all gone except
for the Action Soldier. He is almost as old as I am.

Daryl

Thanks for Daryl for sharing this quite unique and great story Very Happy

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Origins of My 1/6 collecting   Origins of My 1/6 collecting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 7:07 pm

Thank you Brandon!

Do you still have the Barbie from your youth?

Daryl

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Origins of My 1/6 collecting   Origins of My 1/6 collecting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 2:52 am

TNshooter wrote:
Thank you Brandon!

Do you still have the Barbie from your youth?

Daryl

Your welcome Daryl Very Happy Actually I really don't know. I haven't seen her in decades. I know for a fact I didn't sell her or trade her or anything so I mush still have her somewhere in storage. Sadly, the way everything is here, storage is very hard to get to as My room is just a disaster Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Studio 126
New Recruit
Studio 126

PostSubject: Re: Origins of My 1/6 collecting   Origins of My 1/6 collecting Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 8:23 pm

I had wooden lay figures to help me draw better, but they were no help for drawing faces.
At a second-hand toy store, I came across a "barbie" that had a nicer face than my sister's Barbies. I found out that she was a "Mrs. Heart" doll, a.k.a. Jazzie, Barbie's cousin.
Shortly after, Mattel released Barbie on an action figure body, with nicer faces and I collected them to be my action modeling harem for drawing. Once I learned to swap heads, Jazzie got a better body.

Then Hasbro released its Classic Collection GI Joes. They already had great heads & bodies, though I swapped in more heads later. They and other brands became my action modeling bullpen.
Origins of My 1/6 collecting Jazzie5-chip5-f_orig
Jazzie5 & Chip6
My First Female & Male Heads
Back to top Go down
http://studio-126.blogspot.com/2011/06/studio-126-web-ring.html
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Origins of My 1/6 collecting   Origins of My 1/6 collecting Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 8:53 pm

Seeing your figures dressed in their beachwear makes me want to go on holidays and take one of my modern Action Men and a camera with me.

Studio 126 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Origins of My 1/6 collecting   Origins of My 1/6 collecting Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 1:51 am

Thanks for your reply Studio 126! That is an excellent story & info you got there, thanks for sharing your great pic too cheers

Well what about you Toxic, you ignored the subject of the title Rolling Eyes Surely you have an origin...right Question

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Origins of My 1/6 collecting   Origins of My 1/6 collecting Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 5:20 am

An extremely interesting insight Brandon! I think the only female figure I had as a kid was the Bionic woman Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Origins of My 1/6 collecting   Origins of My 1/6 collecting Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2021 12:51 am

Thanks Dal, I didn't expect your reply Smile Cool about your Bionic Woman Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Origins of My 1/6 collecting   Origins of My 1/6 collecting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Origins of My 1/6 collecting
Page 1 of 1