ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

uniform help 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

uniform help 2 Empty
PostSubject: uniform help 2   uniform help 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 9:30 am

As in my last post, asking if what I have is complete, I have another VAM
with a uniform. As before, I purchased the figure, then later from another
UK seller I got this uniform. The uniform came as a complete set, like the
previous one. I'm curious if this set is complete? Or a mixture of pieces?

uniform help 2 Vam210

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Daryl
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

uniform help 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: uniform help 2   uniform help 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 10:50 am

Hi Daryl, nice figure! All the pieces do go together, although the trousers are from a later version of the ee basic soldier, came in around 78 onward I think? The jumper looks like an earlier issue jumper, but looks in great condition. For the figure you have, an early fuzzy head (as he has hard hands) I would recommend he should have green army issue trousers. Also, he could do with a strap for his rifle. Other than that, he has all the bits he should have.

uniform help 2 QbAlsH10cP2RHTG9LlAVxEfSEl4cots_rXfhgWDrvvXIWHofO-ck6Ul0RBX5R1aRIIPZuAudpAby228atvpH5OkGIKr095Fg1lh80Xy1v6S6amgEcR0K6l2ExzQAnRz0nhOGCgoU1w

uniform help 2 Z
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

uniform help 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: uniform help 2   uniform help 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 12:57 pm

Thanks Dal!

The jumper does have some wear, and the pants are a thinner material.

The rifle, the front tab is there, but the one at the stock is broken off.

I got these years ago, before my hiatus from the hobby and before shipping
costs became outrageous.

I have often wondered if the sets I got were complete, or a jumble of pieces.

After posting two of the three I got (I have one EE without a uniform) it
looks like I don't have one complete set.

The last one I haven't done much with, as I've been looking to get him
some hands. His grippers have broken down, but I think I might have some for
him. He is not an EE figure.

If I have some grippers for him, I will dress him and ask about his uniform
as well.

Otherwise, I have an AM Atomic Man which I was able to get his uniform,
but once again I need to get some hands for him.

And I have a talker, which I need to get his mechanism fixed to talk again,
that was completely dressed with kit. However his head has come loose
(he's an EE) but I know how to fix that.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

uniform help 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: uniform help 2   uniform help 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 2:27 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Thanks Dal!

The jumper does have some wear, and the pants are a thinner material.

The rifle, the front tab is there, but the one at the stock is broken off.

I got these years ago, before my hiatus from the hobby and before shipping
costs became outrageous.

I have often wondered if the sets I got were complete, or a jumble of pieces.

After posting two of the three I got (I have one EE without a uniform) it
looks like I don't have one complete set.

The last one I haven't done much with, as I've been looking to get him
some hands. His grippers have broken down, but I think I might have some for
him. He is not an EE figure.

If I have some grippers for him, I will dress him and ask about his uniform
as well.

Otherwise, I have an AM Atomic Man which I was able to get his uniform,
but once again I need to get some hands for him.

And I have a talker, which I need to get his mechanism fixed to talk again,
that was completely dressed with kit. However his head has come loose
(he's an EE) but I know how to fix that.

I will do my best to try and help answer any questions, if I can. Atomic man hands are actually closer to Joe hands than Action Man, so you might be in luck, I thinks cots sell replacements?
The head that came off, e is an EE? if so, its an easy but fiddly fix, aall you need is some 2mm bungle cord.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

uniform help 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: uniform help 2   uniform help 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 4:13 pm

I don`t think the fixed hand figures came dressed in that kit , I think the last Action Soldier with fixed hands came with a cloth Green Beret ? It`s been a while since I had much to do with my Vintage figures, so I may be off target . If you have a static eye gripping hand figure , he would probably be better suited to the uniform in the Way Dal suggests . It is also far more likely that the SLR would have an elastic strap and not a plastic one if you planned to keep it on a fixed hand figure  , plastic strap is what the SLR you have once had .

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=g5kj7k7i&id=9264AC02D9A7B6B525362CCA051B0EF9C96FF3A9&thid=OIP.g5kj7k7iqFzeepgn0SOBfwHaJ4&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fth.bing.com%2fth%2fid%2fR839923ee4ee2a85cde7a9827d123817f%3frik%3dqfNvyfkOGwXKLA%26riu%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww.eagleeyesactionstation.co.uk%252fekmps%252fshops%252feagleeyes%252fimages%252faction-man-3rd-soldier-with-realistic-hair-gripping-hands-superb-conition-vintage-boxed-ref-06-1-5865-p.jpg%26ehk%3dQtH2VZeoW7XKqJkNehhFKUB%252b4kdP033x1J6yhG31nLY%253d%26risl%3d%26pid%3dImgRaw&exph=2048&expw=1536&q=Action+Man+fixed+hand+Action+Soldier+&simid=607998264149282162&ck=35B32061887079089DBEAF18C0864FF0&selectedIndex=11&FORM=IRPRST&ajaxhist=0

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

uniform help 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: uniform help 2   uniform help 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 6:19 pm

Thanks Dal, but as I said I know how to fix an EE head. I've done it on a Joe head.
And it is fiddly. I've done it with elastic cord. I have picked up some grippers from
Cotswold. The hard part was getting the pegs for them, as at the time they didn't
have the complete hands. But I need to dig out my Atomic Man to make sure.

Thanks Chip. I got these figures and uniforms some years ago. I have wondered
about them, and asked in other forums back when, but nobody could tell me
anything. Now that I'm here, I figured somebody here could give me some info.
Since I have an EE figure, I guess I need to put this uniform on him. But that
leaves me with a hard hands figure without a uniform. And unfortunately, the
rifle is not in any shape for a strap. Elastic or plastic. The rear connection is
broken off. But the front looks like it would be a plastic strap, which I figure is
a later version.

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

uniform help 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: uniform help 2   uniform help 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 10:23 pm

Yes the plastic strap weapons were later releases which is what yours is , and seem to have come along during the Gripping hands period . There are of course no rules for dressing your figures , unless of course your aiming for authenticity , which I believe we should be with vintage stuff , but each to his own on that score and nothing wrong with the odd exception . If your not in a hurry , when the world is not in such a mess and my health is a little better , I will try and help you out with a few bits and bobs , no charge . but you may have to remind me of this post . Very Happy

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

uniform help 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: uniform help 2   uniform help 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2021 8:09 am

Thank you Chip.

i would like to make them as authentic as possible, but with shipping as outrageous as it is right now,
I just want to know how complete what I have is for now.

I don't know what or how the US shipping costs have affected the rest of the world. I just know that
Trump refused any money for the US Postal Service, wanting it to become privatized (It has always
been a government entity), and told them to raise their prices to cover their costs. I guess he wanted
it to become something like UPS or FedEx. I was hoping Biden would address that issue and make it
what it was before, in hopes of dropping shipping costs. But I think he is more concerned with the
pandemic right now.

So for now, I guess I will have to be happy with what I have. I've just been curios how accurate
about what I have was to being authentic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

uniform help 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: uniform help 2   uniform help 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

uniform help 2
Page 1 of 1