ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Empty
PostSubject: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.    BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 10:25 am

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51227128490_faa5f2aa59_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51226056596_7c4dcb712b_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51225350297_0fd7b1c141_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51226271643_b4620026ee_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51225349832_f75eefbcbc_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51226271288_daf3ce7bae_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51227127290_f52f7e22b4_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51225349082_f4e7b5031f_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51225348932_39e8411557_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51225348787_9b96231a33_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51226054891_438fd8d61a_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51225348467_2a3c48deb9_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51226822954_0d898618b9_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51227126125_7937cca409_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51226269768_0f49442f7c_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51227125755_df08c553fd_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51226822159_d973fa1901_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51226822274_8d0ce3874a_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51226053076_4ea0c4a6ce_c
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  51226268303_4fb207ef3c_c
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.    BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 2:10 pm

Another interesting chapter , looks like things could be kicking off soon . Lets hope they don`t walk into that Ambush , who is on point I wonder ? Lets hope they see the danger .

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.    BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 2:14 pm

Chip wrote:
Another interesting chapter , looks like things could be kicking off soon . Lets hope they don`t walk into that Ambush , who is on point I wonder ? Lets hope they see the danger .

Cheers Chip bounce . I should imagine they will will regroup at the meeting spot and with the gaffer back with them, I'm sure he will have something up his sleeve! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.    BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 2:41 pm

Very fun. I like how you use the sepia tones to differentiate between actual goings on and memories, though truth be told, my own memories are in living colour. Also, I like how you work in the fact that Kamiko hates Redbox and Jake makes sure that Jenna and Kamiko stay in touch while he's in the valley with Redbox, which is something that he clearly has misgivings about.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.    BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 2:57 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Very fun.  I like how you use the sepia tones to differentiate between actual goings on and memories, though truth be told, my own memories are in living colour.  Also, I like how you work in the fact that Kamiko hates Redbox and Jake makes sure that Jenna and Kamiko stay in touch while he's in the valley with Redbox, which is something that he clearly has misgivings about.

Cheers Gary! really pleased you enjoyed it. I figured memories would be better if done in a different style. I always like to include small details to remind everyone what has gone on previously bounce .
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.    BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 3:01 pm

It's common thing done in cinema too... to give memories a different look than the present so that the audience knows they are memories.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.    BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 3:06 pm

Not that long ago read this chapter while I’m sitting in the hairdresser getting my hair dyed lol. Really enjoyed reading this part.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.    BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 3:35 pm

Toxic Robot Fan wrote:
Not that long ago read this chapter while I’m sitting in the hairdresser getting my hair dyed lol. Really enjoyed reading this part.

Thanks Alex cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.    BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 3:23 am

Hidden in the Shadows: Chapter 28 - Playing Catch Up

COVER - What's this? Goldie makes an appearance on the cover? I'm intrigued!

p584 - Jake looks equipped for some extended time in the field. Did Jake and Redbox find what they were looking for in X's lab? I need to refer back to the previous installment! (Yes, apparently they found what they needed and electronically transmitted the data back to BAM-HQ. This plot point was addressed in a panel of dialog in Ch. 27 page 573.)

p585 - Nice use of sepia toning for the flashback sequence. Now we know why Jake selected Redbox for the mission: he had no choice! Good to know that Jake had the good sense to have reservations about this, and to push back as much as he felt he could.

p586 - Nicely conveyed how Jake wishes he could explain more, but can't. Top Secret and all that.

p587 - Some day Jake may have to make a choice between Jenna and Redbox.

p588 - Good reference back to the K-Troop angle of the story. And continuing to build up the "internal friction" that is driving a wedge between Jake and pretty much everybody else.

p589 - Ooooh... she weaseled it out of him! A well-fitted sweater can be very persuasive!

p590 - At this rate, this informal meeting will shortly become a full-fledged debriefing!

p591 - Yeah, but sometimes he comes back on a stretcher, drained of blood and better left for dead!

That new body is impressively buff! And really well scaled for use with the vintage Action Man head!

p592 - I wonder what aspects of the SIMON situation have Tibias on high alert? Is it the clone tech alone? The alien artifacts? Or is there even more?

Effective sense of movement in these panels as Jake makes his way to the stairs.

p593 - Victor Champion & Co will be in touch soon. Good tip to keep an eye on Dr Sid. I got the impression in the previous installment that he could be in danger. He knows to much, and I suspect that "unfriendly forces" suspect he may know a lot more about any number of things than they are comfortable with.

There he goes, up the steps and heading out the door! Smooth sequence!

p595 - Tying in the Mr P segments, too! This chapter really helps hold the entire story arc together.

p595 - These chaps are dressed up pretty nicely for a trek through the jungle. X must have considerable faith in Gangrene's tracking algorithm. Finding what they seek will be so easy, they'll be back in time for a pre-dinner drink! No need to change clothes! That would be a waste of time!

p596 - Ah... but X doesn't actually want to touch the thing! Just in case!

p597 - The Gate? A time-space portal? And... are just the two of them planning to ambush Goldie's team? Gangrene isn't much of a hiker; I'm sure he's even less of a fighter. I hope X plans to have plenty of backup! If there are any left; the BAM team have rubbed out quite a few of them already.

p598 - Ha! Funny! Gangrene is distracted by all the scientific curiosities in the valley!

p599 - Goldie should call in Dannii to scout the area! A skilled tracker could pick up Gangrene's trail without even trying!

p600 - SIX HUNDRED PAGES! In twenty-eight chapters! And still going strong! This is turning in to a significant chunk of serialized storytelling!

And who welcomes us to Page Six-Hundred? Boo! Hiss! The character everyone loves to hate! Dimitri Redbox!

Did Redbox really manage to sneak up on Goldie like that?

p601 - Redbox's arrogance really shines on this page! Great shot of Goldie there in the second panel. You can see his resentment growing already! Clever photography to coax that level of intense emotion out of a plastic figure!

p602 - There he is: The Man on Page 602. Here's a link or two for those of you too young or not American enough to recognize the reference:
https://www.foxers.com/blog/the-man-on-page-602/
https://groovyhistory.com/the-great-sears-catalog-controversy-of-1975

So Jake and Redbox are having a contest: who can kill the most people? Or... do X-clones not count as people? If they kill any non-clones, does that count in to their total? This unsavory side of Jake and Redbox is likely to be cut from the script when Disney starts filming this story. Razz

Good juxtaposition of flashback and present time action throughout this episode, providing necessary background info without slowing down the pace, pushing the storyline forward while referencing other tangents of the overall narrative. Excellent photography throughout, as always!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.    BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 10:22 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Hidden in the Shadows: Chapter 28 - Playing Catch Up

COVER - What's this? Goldie makes an appearance on the cover? I'm intrigued!

p584 - Jake looks equipped for some extended time in the field. Did Jake and Redbox find what they were looking for in X's lab? I need to refer back to the previous installment! (Yes, apparently they found what they needed and electronically transmitted the data back to BAM-HQ. This plot point was addressed in a panel of dialog in Ch. 27 page 573.)

p585 - Nice use of sepia toning for the flashback sequence. Now we know why Jake selected Redbox for the mission: he had no choice! Good to know that Jake had the good sense to have reservations about this, and to push back as much as he felt he could.

p586 - Nicely conveyed how Jake wishes he could explain more, but can't. Top Secret and all that.

p587 - Some day Jake may have to make a choice between Jenna and Redbox.

p588 - Good reference back to the K-Troop angle of the story. And continuing to build up the "internal friction" that is driving a wedge between Jake and pretty much everybody else.

p589 - Ooooh... she weaseled it out of him! A well-fitted sweater can be very persuasive!

p590 - At this rate, this informal meeting will shortly become a full-fledged debriefing!

p591 - Yeah, but sometimes he comes back on a stretcher, drained of blood and better left for dead!

That new body is impressively buff! And really well scaled for use with the vintage Action Man head!

p592 - I wonder what aspects of the SIMON situation have Tibias on high alert? Is it the clone tech alone? The alien artifacts? Or is there even more?

Effective sense of movement in these panels as Jake makes his way to the stairs.

p593 - Victor Champion & Co will be in touch soon. Good tip to keep an eye on Dr Sid. I got the impression in the previous installment that he could be in danger. He knows to much, and I suspect that "unfriendly forces" suspect he may know a lot more about any number of things than they are comfortable with.

There he goes, up the steps and heading out the door! Smooth sequence!

p595 - Tying in the Mr P segments, too! This chapter really helps hold the entire story arc together.

p595 - These chaps are dressed up pretty nicely for a trek through the jungle. X must have considerable faith in Gangrene's tracking algorithm. Finding what they seek will be so easy, they'll be back in time for a pre-dinner drink! No need to change clothes! That would be a waste of time!

p596 - Ah... but X doesn't actually want to touch the thing! Just in case!

p597 - The Gate? A time-space portal? And... are just the two of them planning to ambush Goldie's team? Gangrene isn't much of a hiker; I'm sure he's even less of a fighter. I hope X plans to have plenty of backup! If there are any left; the BAM team have rubbed out quite a few of them already.

p598 - Ha! Funny! Gangrene is distracted by all the scientific curiosities in the valley!

p599 - Goldie should call in Dannii to scout the area! A skilled tracker could pick up Gangrene's trail without even trying!

p600 - SIX HUNDRED PAGES! In twenty-eight chapters! And still going strong! This is turning in to a significant chunk of serialized storytelling!

And who welcomes us to Page Six-Hundred? Boo! Hiss! The character everyone loves to hate! Dimitri Redbox!

Did Redbox really manage to sneak up on Goldie like that?

p601 - Redbox's arrogance really shines on this page! Great shot of Goldie there in the second panel. You can see his resentment growing already! Clever photography to coax that level of intense emotion out of a plastic figure!

p602 - There he is: The Man on Page 602. Here's a link or two for those of you too young or not American enough to recognize the reference:
https://www.foxers.com/blog/the-man-on-page-602/
https://groovyhistory.com/the-great-sears-catalog-controversy-of-1975

So Jake and Redbox are having a contest: who can kill the most people? Or... do X-clones not count as people? If they kill any non-clones, does that count in to their total? This unsavory side of Jake and Redbox is likely to be cut from the script when Disney starts filming this story.  Razz

Good juxtaposition of flashback and present time action throughout this episode, providing necessary background info without slowing down the pace, pushing the storyline forward while referencing other tangents of the overall narrative. Excellent photography throughout, as always!

Indeed! Goldie makes his first appearance on a cover cheers .

584 - They did indeed, and sent the files back to HQ.

585 - Thanks! I wanted to do something different to show the memory side of it. Yes, Tibias may be Jake's boss, but I think he likes to choose his own team Very Happy .

586 - Again, Jake is stuck between a rock and a hard place. His boss and his good lady.

587 - That remains to be seen at this point? Suspect 

588 - It's always great to try and remind folks what has happened previously, especially in a long running story such as this cheers

589 -  lol! lol! lol! 

590 - lol! lol! lol! 

591 - He has been in the wars, especially at the hands of Demitri's actions Suspect . I agree, the M33 works perfectly for Jake. I just wish the colour match was better.

592 - It does seem suspicious that Tibias has stepped out of the shadows, but remember he has many secrets and irons in the fire! Those stairs are a great prop, they are so useful to convey movement cheers .

593 - It will good to continue following the adventures of Victor Champion and his team!Indeed Dr. Sid is a very valued asset, and his knowledge of genetics and biological enhancement are key to the whole Genesis Project. This is why Jake has assigned a Genetic soldier to him.

594 - Indeed! off into the unknown for Jake!
595 - Indeed! we need to tie stuff up, and keep things moving. lol!  Dr. X and Gangrene see themselves as gentlemen explorers, let the help carry all the gear! Laughing .

596 - lol! , he isn't daft is he!

597 - The BAM guys may have been taking down the X-clones, but the team only have a rough idea of how man X actually has? I am sure Dr. X has enough clones left to mount a decent ambush bounce bounce .

598 - always the scientist cheers

599 - Very true, but with the rest of the team ahead of him, I am sure they have picked up the trail.

600 - lol!  Poor old Redbox gets a bad press! lol! . Demitri really did manage to sneak up on Goldie, slithered in like a snake!

601 - Cheers Dave! it's funny how you can photograph a figure and give them a different look. Indeed! Demitri at his arrogant best! he certainly knows how to push peoples buttons.

602 - They are indeed! I wonder who will win? whether the x-clones are people? I guess thats a grey area? lol! @ Disney!  Really pleased you enjoyed this installment, it was quite challenging to merge it all together, but I felt all these parallel story lines needed to be pulled together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.    BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Eight - Playing Catch Up.
Page 1 of 1