ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Navy Corpsman MEDIC !!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! Empty
PostSubject: Navy Corpsman MEDIC !!!   Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 10:05 am

Here is my Vietnam Marine Medic . Although strictly speaking he is a U.S Navy Corpsman , as the Marines did not have their own Medics , they were furnished with them from the Navy . These Sailors were equipped and dressed in the same way as the Marines they accompanied . They dug in and faced the enemy exactly the same as their fellow Marines , and took great risks to attend to their buddies under fire . This made the Medics well liked , and respected for their courage . Most Medics only carried a weapon for personal protection , normally a pistol . Medics were a prized target for the NVA and V.C  , and so tried as best they could to look like a Grunt . Some even carried rifles , even if they had no intention of using it . Apart from attending wounds , the Navy corpsman , made sure the grunts took their malaria pills , and looked after their general health . They also made the decisions to medivac the sick or wounded .  My medics ammo bandolier  (made from scratch) is full of field dressings , the rubber tube on his right shoulder is used for tourniquets , he carries plenty of water , gut wounds needed to be kept moist .... his Unit one Medic bag contains a large amount of medical equipment , including field dressings of different sizes , wound powder , morphine , malaria tablets ect ect . He has a couple of field dressings tucked into his helmet band for quick access . Medics were often referred to in a friendly manner as  " Doc " by the Grunts .  

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 1-P1130657

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 2-P1130665

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 3-P1130704

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 4-P1130662

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 5-P1130663

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 6-P1130694

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 7-P1130690

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 8-P1130682

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 9-P1130717

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 10-P1130646

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 11-P1130708

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 12-P1130963

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 13-P1130979

Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! 14-P1130976

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Navy Corpsman MEDIC !!!   Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 10:55 am

Outstanding work Chip! I love all the small details, like all those medical dressings, such a cool touch. You also found a terrific looking head sculpt for him too. I think this guys is my new fave! Top work indeed! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Navy Corpsman MEDIC !!!   Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 11:03 am

Another FANTASTIC figure Chip!!

Your attention to detail is unsurpassed!

In the WWII TV show Combat! the medics are also
called "Doc." But I really like that marked
on his helmet, and the peace sign.

Some years ago, I heard that the Vietnamese
made it a point to wound a soldier, because
two others would take him off the field of battle,
therefore basically taking three enemies out of
the battle. I don't know if that is true. You seem to
have a lot more knowledge of that conflict than I
have.

FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Navy Corpsman MEDIC !!!   Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 11:47 am

Okay, this has to be your best work yet! This fig is equipped with all the details inside even inside the equipment satchels! Did you make a lot of that miniature medical supplies?

Outstanding!

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Navy Corpsman MEDIC !!!   Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 11:58 am

Thanks for those kind comments , I wish I had made those little accessories Dave , but I believe they are from one of DiD`s U.S Medics , I have picked up lots of Medic bits over the years , just now got round to putting him together .

@ Daryl , The NVA and V.C Snipers were notorious for wounding a troop in the open , to lead other U.S troops to his rescue , often the medic who they would try and wound too . They would attempt to bait as many troops as they could , until they either had the sense to leave , or had an air strike or gunship called on their position , even this was not always successful in neutralising them .

PostSubject: Re: Navy Corpsman MEDIC !!!   Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 6:53 pm

Again, it's the attention to detail that just blows me away!
Superb.....( I am running out of superlatives here!)
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Navy Corpsman MEDIC !!!   Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2021 2:03 am

Top work, Chip, most impressive!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Navy Corpsman MEDIC !!!   Navy Corpsman  MEDIC !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Navy Corpsman MEDIC !!!
Page 1 of 1