ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Visitor from out of town...

Go down 
+2
Professor Gangrene Fan
Buildadiorama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buildadiorama
Heavy Weapons
Buildadiorama

A Visitor from out of town... Empty
PostSubject: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 5:34 pm

A Visitor from out of town... Img_9010
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9011
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9012
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9013
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9014
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9015
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9016
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9017
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9018
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9019
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9020
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9021
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9022
A Visitor from out of town... Img_9023
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 6:09 pm

Totally loved reading this mini story. Very well photographed and put together. Viper trying out their three different flying contraptions was just flying-tastic.

Buildadiorama likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 6:18 pm

Funny stuff! Nicely photographed!

But I will freely admit to being completely distracted by and in awe of that AMAZING suspended GI Joe boardwalk training facility!

Tell us about that! It must be a permanent installation, and it must have taken ages to construct! But it is SO COOOOL!

Also, is that leather AT logo with the hem stitching on the cover of your comic real, or a digital rendering?

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 6:36 pm

I agree an amusing and well photographed story . I know how long this stuff takes to put together so respect to you . Wink And I have to agree with Dave that out door dio is amazing , and would love to hear the background story of it . Well done , good stuff .

Back to top Go down
Buildadiorama
Heavy Weapons
Buildadiorama

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 6:45 pm

Thanks again as always...one of the things I loved about this site and missed...how kind and complimentary everyone is.
As for the outdoor structures...the platforms around the trees are permanent structures...or should I say semi permanent since the squirrels have been feasting on the uprights. I have to keep maintaining yearly. The bridge is one of two...was going for a vehicle bridge then when realized was too narrow...cut it down the middle and made two. The bridge can be removed and is currently in the basement for the season. I will see if I can find pictures of it before I painted.
It does take a great deal of time and energy to gather the materials, equipment, etc and set up but oh the fun bringing Joes escapades to life...
Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Buildadiorama
Heavy Weapons
Buildadiorama

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 7:02 pm

Oops...forgot to mention that the cool AT symbol was on a pamphlet that came with a joe set...don't remember now which set or where I have it...figures...ugh...getting old.
Must have deleted some of the bridge photos too...this is the only one I could find..

A Visitor from out of town... Img_6210

FIELD STATION 42 likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 7:47 pm

Thanx for the bridge in progress pic! Looks like 8 ft long? Sheet plywood for rigidity with applied planks?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 8:02 pm

Yes, those fantastic constructions caught my eye too.
Great comic and use of pieces from your collection. cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2021 7:08 am

Awesome stuff Angelo, the set up is superb! bounce bounce bounce The bridge is a fantastic build. The Rescue helicopter is the highlight for me though. It's so different from the version I have. If you get a chance, could we see a few shots of the rescue copter? bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
Buildadiorama
Heavy Weapons
Buildadiorama

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2021 7:17 am

Thanks...
Rescue chopper currently hanging in arctic display...will take a few pics but can't guarantee they will be all that great...
Thanks again everyone for the positivity

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2021 7:42 am

Buildadiorama wrote:
Thanks...
Rescue chopper currently hanging in arctic display...will take a few pics but can't guarantee they will be all that great...
Thanks again everyone for the positivity

That would be wonderful Angelo, thank you! bounce

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2022 12:34 am

I'm not sure how I missed this post, but the tree platforms and bridge are AWESOME!

Great story and photos too. bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Visitor from out of town...   A Visitor from out of town... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Visitor from out of town...
Page 1 of 1