ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unknown Soldier?

Go down 
+4
TNshooter
Rogue-Trooper
BAMComix
Professor Gangrene Fan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 3:41 am

I got this figure in a job lot some years back. The head looks just like the one
on the Dreams and Visions Unknown Soldier figure, part of the Sgt. Rock line.

But photos I found online show different hands than this one, and the body is
marked M&C Toys, the company that made Power Team/World Peacekeepers.
The hands on the D&V doesn't have gloves.

Does anyone know what figure it is? or is it possible somebody has done a
head swap?

Unknown Soldier? Unknow10

Unknown Soldier? Unknow11

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 6:36 am

Sorry, no ideas, but it would make a great zombie!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 11:15 am

Pore chap, his whole face was burnt somehow. He would look fantastic in smart shoes, smart trousers, shirt, tie and finally a trench coat.

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 11:27 am

No Face Fan. wrote:
Pore chap, his whole face was burnt somehow. He would look fantastic in smart shoes, smart trousers, shirt, tie and finally a trench coat.

That's exactly the way the Unknown Soldier was dressed!
It also included a bandage mask to cover the head.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 12:56 pm

I also think he would look perfect in a turtleneck jumper and smart trousers.

Admin
BAMComix

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 1:52 pm

he does look like the Unknown soldier, a classic DC comic character. I wonder if he is an US figure, but made by another firm? or maybe someone already swapped the head?
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 2:12 pm

I haven't got a clue about who he is, but I do know that he's a great looking figure. I can't wait to see what you do with him cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 2:26 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
he does look like the Unknown soldier, a classic DC comic character. I wonder if he is an US figure, but made by another firm? or maybe someone already swapped the head?

I'm beginning to believe someone swapped the head. I'm not aware of
M&C Toys making such a figure.

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 2:28 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
I haven't got a clue about who he is, but I do know that he's a great looking figure. I can't wait to see what you do with him cheers

Thanks Chris. But to be honest, I'm not sure what I will do with him.
I haven't had any thoughts what I can make of him.
Back to top Go down

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 7:51 am

My guess is that somebody has been head-transplanting.
There seem to have been at least two versions, black trench and khaki, (although I do remember seeing tan), neither having those black gauntlets.
Unknown Soldier? SzUwi9
They both came with the facial bandages shown here.
Was this sold to be in a coffin or something? Seems a bit macabre even for 1/6?
What's the story?
Unknown Soldier? 8jk5Zf

Last edited by LeStryge on Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 9:50 am

LeStryge wrote:
Was this sold to be in a coffin or something? Seems a bit macabre even for 1/6?
What's the story?

The unknown soldier was a character from Sgt. Rock, a DC comic.
Looking online I saw comic covers that appear he had his own comic.

Dreams and Visions made the Sgt. Rock figures in 1/6. They all had
Joe/VAM bodies with hard hands, but this figure seems to have
different style hands. I don't know if the body was the same as the
other figures. I'm guessing he didn't have the same body, as the
head/neck post is not the same.
Back to top Go down

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 11:53 pm

Thanks for the info Daryl.
It's just that the concept of "The Unknown Soldier" in those various tombs around the world is virtually sacred and the thought of making an action figure of that name, particularly one so hideously disfigured, seems a little disrespectful somehow.
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 1:36 am

I see what you mean LeStryge.

I think they called him that because of the bandages, nobody knew who he was.

Unknown Soldier? Comic10
Back to top Go down

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 2:28 am

Well yes, I can see the idea now that you've shown me the comic cover. I was unfamiliar with the character. Who is the ghost on horseback behind the tank?

I thought it might be Sherman as in Sherman tank but the hat and sabre suggest Custer? Someone else?

Wiki says:
The character is named after The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery, Virginia. The character of the Unknown Soldier is symbolic of the nameless soldiers that have fought throughout America's wars; as stated in his first featured story "They Came From Shangri-La!" He is the "man who no one knows — but — is known by everyone!" Another nickname for the character used in the series is "The Immortal G.I."
The series takes place during World War II, and focuses on the missions of a United States intelligence agent code-named "The Unknown Soldier", whose head and face are so severely disfigured that he typically has it completely wrapped in heavy bandages. Despite this, he is a master of disguise who can assume the identity of almost any man using latex masks and make-up. However, his disguises occasionally itch where they meet the scar tissue of his face, forcing him to be conscious not to give himself away by scratching. He is also prone to loss of temper at enemy atrocities and has been seen to blow his cover in this manner.

I get that but is he meant to be a ghostly zombie-like return from the Arlington grave, or is he a living breathing character?

Unknown Soldier? T44pln
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 8:53 am

I don't know his origin, as I have never had the chance to read the Sgt Rock
comics. But I am familiar with the comic. I saw it in stores when I was a kid.
But I collected super hero comics, I wasn't into WWII then.

In later years, looking up Sgt Rock, I saw they had stories about the
"Haunted Tank." I'm not sure who the ghost is supposed to be.

I researched Sgt Rock when the figures came out. I found out there were
books that each one had many issues of the old comic. But they were
really expensive, it would seem they came out when I had a hiatus from the
hobby.

I would like the opportunity to be able to read them.

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2021 4:19 pm

The trench coat is a great piece! I sold the figure years ago, but kept the coat for my staff officer colonel.

Colonel (left) and Brigadier General (right):

Unknown Soldier? 20150219_122919_zps1d23fd33

Unknown Soldier? July%2012th%20Phone%20pics%20119_zpswqnxriu1

-Nate
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2021 12:59 am

The Haunted Tank is about a tank crew in WWII.

The gist is, as I recall, the ghosts of great military leaders are 'assigned' to certain soldiers or groups to assist, mentor, etc.

The ghost of CSA General Jeb Stuart is assigned to Sergeant Jeb Stuart, and by extension, the rest of the tank crew.

They started in a dinky little Stuart Tank, the start of the naming convention for the comic I'm sure. Eventually they moved to a Sherman Tank (they temporarily traded ghosts for Sherman before switching back to Stuart).

Eventually the crew built a custom tank from pieces found at a tank graveyard. That tank they named " Jigsaw."

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
jcast
New Recruit
jcast

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2021 11:51 pm

LeStryge wrote:

I get that but is he meant to be a ghostly zombie-like return from the Arlington grave, or is he a living breathing character?

Unknown Soldier? T44pln

He's a living breathing character, as much as a comic character can be. I think his origin is that he and his brother join the US Army and they're caught in the Philippines when Imperial Japan invaded. During the defense of the islands, the Soldier's brother is killed and the Soldier's face is disfigured. The Soldier than becomes inspired to use this tragedy to become an operative that would fight behind the scenes the same way he hid behind a mask.
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2022 7:18 am

Good find Daryl, he would be cool for DC's Unknown Soldier or you could make him as Deadpool or better yet even your own new character Smile

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
Sponsored content

Unknown Soldier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unknown Soldier?   Unknown Soldier? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unknown Soldier?
Page 1 of 1