ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2

Go down 
+14
TNshooter
TheOneManKid
Kimono Troop Command
FIELD STATION 42
BAMComix
Professor Gangrene Fan
inntruderr61
RealSarahdactyl
TheNewGIjOEwithKungFuGrip
Hawkeye
Dreadnought
Chip
Glidah Drivah
Rogue-Trooper
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue-Trooper
BRITISH INFANTRY (TOMMY)
Rogue-Trooper

RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 8:16 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Sigh. So this is Suzy Soo....supposedly the start of a punk look kitbash, but:

The skirt is definitely too long.
The tights are OK.
The boots..which weren't cheap...are way too big
The tshirt will eventually be swapped for a more punk one.
The jacket will get "punked up"
She will be getting a punk belt.
And I have a cunning plan to put a bit of colour in her hair.

But for now I'm very grumpy because I thought I could just put the new gear on and she would look punk...she doesn't scratch

Hey Chris She look pretty good to me mate, If you are wanting the skirt to look shorter maybe fold it over at the wasteband but a good old punk look was with bondage trowsers under the kilt and oversized boots were always quite a punk look just saying lol! Cheers Ian

Cheers Ian.
Back in the day I had bondage trousers..never had a rolled over skirt though lol!

Unfortunately I think the waistband is too thick to roll over.  I think I will try to take it up instead. I'd love some 1/6 scale bondage trousers..I wonder if they exist ?..off to ebay I go lol!
The boots are too big at the top..around her legs. I will see if I can do something about it..fingers crossed.

CHRIS

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 8:32 pm

Very cool Chris! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 10:34 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Sigh. So this is Suzy Soo....supposedly the start of a punk look kitbash, but:

The skirt is definitely too long.
The tights are OK.
The boots..which weren't cheap...are way too big
The tshirt will eventually be swapped for a more punk one.
The jacket will get "punked up"
She will be getting a punk belt.
And I have a cunning plan to put a bit of colour in her hair.

But for now I'm very grumpy because I thought I could just put the new gear on and she would look punk...she doesn't.

The skirt looks okay to me. It wouldn't hurt to go more "mini" with it, but maybe another option would be to add some petticoats (is that what they're called?) under it to give it some layers. Give it kind of a flouncy girly Cyndi Lauper look. Cyndi tended to wear longer skirts with multiple lacy layers underneath, and then she'd pull up the skirt as she jumped around.

The tights aren't just okay, they're fantastic!

The big boots look cool to me -- that oversized Doc Martens look that was popular. Although... yeah, Punks tended to wear their clothes more closely fitted, while goths would go with oversized.

You didn't mention the gloves: they are perfection!

This chick is already cool. Your analysis... and your first-hand experience of the era... are gonna lead to her being super cool!

Last edited by FIELD STATION 42 on Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chip
Canadian Mounted Police
Chip

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 11:29 pm

Disappointing when stuff we buy blind looks good in the pics but doesn't quite work out , probably happens to most of us , but your a good half way there now R.T, and you can feel she is gonna look good when your done .

Talking Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2023 2:35 am

I think she looks good Chris. I agree maybe some chains on the jacket, and maybe a band name on
the shirt, like maybe the Sex Pistols? I like the tights and the boots, being a bit oversized I think looks
alright. I seem to recall seeing some larger boots on punk rockers. Maybe if you tucked in some fabric
to make it look like she's wearing thick socks? I would think that would make wearing work style boots
more comfortable to wear.

As far as the skirt, I'm thinking smaller. A little shorter and slimmer, tighter around the thighs. Then add
a belt around them. Maybe a little lower than the waist? Just some thoughts.

But she does look good, in my humble opinion.

Rogue-Trooper
BRITISH INFANTRY (TOMMY)
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2023 10:09 am

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions.  They're all very gratefully received cheers

Now that I'm not so grumpy im going to have a look to see what I can do.

I think I can shorten the skirt fairly easily...famous last words lol!  although I rather like the petticoat idea too.

I did look in to making some bondage trousers, but I don't think my eyes would be able to see well enough to sew all of the tiny zips.

The boots issue is hopeful.  They came with feet already but they don't fit on to my figure. I discovered today that they are removable so I will replace them with proper ones.

Daryl..the socks idea is brilliant. I will jump on ebay ...thanks.

A t shirt will be getting a band name...but The Clash..not the Pistols cheers

The jacket may also get chains and a logo/band name.

As I said..thanks for all of the help fellas..I knew I could rely on you all. cheers

CHRIS
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2023 12:51 pm

I agree with you on that she doesn’t look very punk. The skirt would look better shorter to me oh and add a big safety pin in lol.

BRITISH INFANTRY (TOMMY)
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2023 12:53 pm

Professor Gangrene Fan wrote:
I agree with you on that she doesn’t look very punk. The skirt would look better shorter to me oh and add a big safety pin in lol.

A big safety pin lol! lol!

CHRIS
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2023 9:05 pm

Quote :
Hey Chris She look pretty good to me mate, If you are wanting the skirt to look shorter maybe fold it over at the wasteband but a good old punk look was with bondage trowsers under the kilt and oversized boots were always quite a punk look just saying lol! Cheers Ian

Quote :

Back in the day I had bondage trousers..never had a rolled over skirt though lol!

Unfortunately I think the waistband is too thick to roll over.  I think I will try to take it up instead. I'd love some 1/6 scale bondage trousers..I wonder if they exist ?..off to ebay I go lol!
The boots are too big at the top..around her legs. I will see if I can do something about it..fingers crossed.

Yes mate it looks do-able to alter the skirt and you can always make your own bondage trowsers easy enough I made these for a steampunk doll I made

RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 DSC02952

Cheers Ian

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
BRITISH INFANTRY (TOMMY)
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2023 9:47 pm

Cool trousers cheers

My ones had multiple zips..which some of my mates took great delight in unzipping at every opportunity lol!...so that's what I was thinking of. I think I'm sticking with the fishnets as it's about the only bit I actually like so far.
Found some cool socks on ebay, but still working on the boots as the hole in the foot ...which I've discovered is  non removable..is way too big and shallow for the peg.

Hopefully I will get some time tomorrow to muck about lol!

CHRIS

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2023 11:54 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Cool trousers cheers

My ones had multiple zips..which some of my mates took great delight in unzipping at every opportunity lol!...so that's what I was thinking of. I think I'm sticking with the fishnets as it's about the only bit I actually like so far.
Found some cool socks on ebay, but still working on the boots as the hole in the foot ...which I've discovered is  non removable..is way too big and shallow for the peg.

Hopefully I will get some time tomorrow to muck about lol!

Thanks Chris yes the zip ones were well cool but hard to find any small zips, you can get small ribbons in different colours that could be made into bondage straps that would attach to the trousers I used to have a jacket that had all Zips on it and yes my mates used to do exactly the same Laughing lol! on the boot peg can you get a dremmel inside and file the peg to fit your figures foot peg hole? scratch
Good luck Ian

BRITISH INFANTRY (TOMMY)
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2023 12:03 pm

I have a cunning plan for the boots. I've found a set of feet that fit the peg so I'm going to cut them down until they fit in the boot.  

If that doesn't look weird I will glue them on top of the feet in the boots. If it does look wrong I will remove some of the fixed feet with my trusty dremmel and glue them in.

At least that's the plan lol!

CHRIS

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2023 1:39 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
I have a cunning plan for the boots. I've found a set of feet that fit the peg so I'm going to cut them down until they fit in the boot.  

If that doesn't look weird I will glue them on top of the feet in the boots. If it does look wrong I will remove some of the fixed feet with my trusty dremmel and glue them in.

At least that's the plan lol!

Sounds like a good plan to me Smile the trusty Dremmel is an asset to our hobby I also have a similar unbranded modeling tool that charges up on the USB point that I picked up on ebay for little money it's well handy for smaller jobs Very Happy

BRITISH INFANTRY (TOMMY)
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2023 4:20 pm

Hawkeye wrote:

Sounds like a good plan to me Smile the trusty Dremmel is an asset to our hobby I also have a similar unbranded modeling tool that charges up on the USB point that I picked up on ebay for little money it's well handy for smaller jobs Very Happy

I've got an actual dremmel and a generic diy store version.  And I much prefer the store verison...its much easier to use. To the point where I'm not actually sure where the dremmel is lol!

Unfortunately my foot swapping idea didn't work . So after much messing about I decided to swap some boots around.

Suzy now has these boots. So maybe she will be more of a rock chick than a punk .....
RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 20230812-142204-2

And the new boots have been given to Jooles as they seem to suit her chunkier frame more.
RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 20230812-160920-2
RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 20230812-150203-2

CHRIS

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2023 5:25 pm

"Hey! Who you callin' 'chunky?'"

Be careful, man! She'll mop the floor with ya! Razz

BRITISH INFANTRY (TOMMY)
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2023 5:29 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
"Hey! Who you callin' 'chunky?'"

Be careful, man! She'll mop the floor with ya! Razz

lol! lol! lol! ..well she is based on SWMBO...shhhh don't tell her lol! lol! lol!

CHRIS
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2023 7:01 pm

[quote="Rogue-Trooper"]
Hawkeye wrote:

I've got an actual dremmel and a generic diy store version.  And I much prefer the store verison...its much easier to use. To the point where I'm not actually sure where the dremmel is lol!

Unfortunately my foot swapping idea didn't work . So after much messing about I decided to swap some boots around.
Suzy now has these boots. So maybe she will be more of a rock chick than a punk .....
And the new boots have been given to Jooles as they seem to suit her chunkier frame more.

Yes same here I tend to use the little hobby tool as it's more like working with a bulky pen, so easier to work with and a bit more presision cyclops sorry to hear that your plan was scuppered but not as much a failure as a descovery Surprised The new boots look great on Suzy and Rock Chick look really works cheers and Jooles also Rocks in the bigger boots so Win Win Wink Laughing

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 7:16 am

Nice boots! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Talking Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 7:36 am

I'm sorry to hear the foot swapping idea didn't work Chris. Seeing Suzy with the different boots made me
realize how much the boots made her look more punk.

Rogue-Trooper
BRITISH INFANTRY (TOMMY)
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 9:16 pm

Blimey...getting a bit crowded in here lol!
RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 20230815-174002-2

CHRIS
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 7:11 am

Blimey things are getting tight in there! bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 7:45 am

Blondeactionman wrote:

lol! lol!

BRITISH INFANTRY (TOMMY)
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 10:05 am

Blondeactionman wrote:

And that's just Ava's t shirt lol! lol!

CHRIS

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Canadian Mounted Police
Chip

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 11:25 am

Love seeing group pics of your figures in your Dio R.T , and a nice mix of uniforms makes it the more fun and interesting . Wonder what they all chatting about .

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 8:31 pm

Wow thats a awesome group shot...cheers

PostSubject: Re: RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2   RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RogueTrooper's Collection Part 2
Page 14 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next