ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forest Fires!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Forest Fires! Empty
PostSubject: Forest Fires!   Forest Fires! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 6:13 pm

The last few days have been quite warm. . .

Forest Fires! Scorchio

. . . and just when you're tired of the media going into melt down about how bad it's going to be as the UK endures temperatures that plenty of other countries view as normal, a news item grabs your attention. The local woods are on fire!!

Forest Fires! 293257303-1008008863238356-4714688698803444775-n

Hank scans the horizon for the 'Ash raining down' but it all looks very clear.

Forest Fires! 1

'There were two fire engines outside the Co-op a little while ago. They were probably on their ways back to the station after putting the fire out'

Forest Fires! 2

'. . . but better safe than sorry...'

Forest Fires! 3

'I think it's a good idea if you stand on fire watch all night!!'

Forest Fires! 4

Foot note. It's a shame I have work tomorrow as I bet the 'scorched earth' terrain over the woods would make some great VAM pics!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Forest Fires! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forest Fires!   Forest Fires! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 6:31 pm

Bet you wish you got the AM Fireman's outfit now Wink
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

Forest Fires! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forest Fires!   Forest Fires! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 7:39 pm

Aaaagh!! It's Armageddon..or "the two days of summer " lol!
Glad to see Joe and Hank are keeping an eye on the situation Cool
I'm just off to the Summer of '76 survivors support group lol!
Back to top Go down

Forest Fires! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forest Fires!   Forest Fires! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 11:30 pm

I just love the way The Brits and the Climate Alarmists seize on what would be a very pleasant day here in OZ as being some sort of prequel to the Apocalypse!
That's not a grass-fire.....THIS is a grassfire! I live on the red dot and in the next days the flames got a hell of a lot closer than what is shown here. Well within sight of my home at the time. Scary stuff!
Forest Fires! HrmoD9

Pity your boys didn't get to see some action. Would have made for some excellent shots.
You weren't tempted to stage a little "fire-fighting" in your back yard?
You do some great inter-active posing in all your shots Steve!

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Forest Fires! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forest Fires!   Forest Fires! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 12:09 am

Comfortable fire watch tower your boys have there! Sheltered from the devastating rain of ash... so it doesn't fall in their beer mugs.

Fortunately the prevailing winds kept most of the smoke mostly away from my fire watch tower for most of the duration of the Left Fork Fire last month while it burned 4,200 acres (1,700 hectares).

Forest Fires! June2022fire

Forest Fires! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forest Fires!   Forest Fires! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 3:17 am

Wasn't that fire deliberately lit by "rangers"?
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Forest Fires! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forest Fires!   Forest Fires! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 3:30 am

LeStryge wrote:
Wasn't that fire deliberately lit by "rangers"?

Indeed it was, a "prescribed burn" to clear overgrown brushy areas. Then the wind kicked up. Rolling Eyes

There's another fire now, further from where I live but likely to smoke up the valley, that resulted from people failing to put out their campfire. Evacuations in some limited areas are in place as a result, and the fire is threatening ancient petroglyphs (cliff art).

Forest Fires! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forest Fires!   Forest Fires! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forest Fires!
Page 1 of 1