ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command

Go down 
+4
BAMComix
FIELD STATION 42
Kimono Troop Command
Chip
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2023 4:49 am

Th Flying Tigers crusher cap is not new. She has worn it before.

Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 51869778597_83740661df_b
Page_24
by Gary Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2023 7:07 am

Ah, Kamiko is ahead of the game, as always! bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2023 1:50 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:

Yes, but in those earlier pics she was still wearing her stretchy tanktop. Now she's wearing a long-sleeved short jacket with an open front. So there have been some mix-and-match switchups with her standard outfit, which used to be a green tanktop and blue denim shorts and a pistol holster with a thigh strap.

But I suppose she lost most of her clothes during the incident on Diablos Island, it makes sense that she had to make changes. Razz

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2023 2:42 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
Kimono Troop Command wrote:

Yes, but in those earlier pics she was still wearing her stretchy tanktop. Now she's wearing a long-sleeved short jacket with an open front. So there have been some mix-and-match switchups with her standard outfit, which used to be a green tanktop and blue denim shorts and a pistol holster with a thigh strap.

But I suppose she lost most of her clothes during the incident on Diablos Island, it makes sense that she had to make changes. Razz

She made those changes before her capture.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: The Schnookstaffel   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 2:46 am

One of Dr. Diablos's guards, which Kamiko and Kimono Troop members usually refer to as "The Schnookstaffel," or the "Heimlich MaGoobers."

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 3:44 am

The Diablos Guards look impressively intimidating.

I hope at least some of them will turn out to be more competent and effective than the typical armored Star Wars trooper.

Nice use of a hellish red glow in the ventilation duct to emphasize the sense of menace.

"Schnookstaffel" is pretty funny!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 6:54 am

Very cool Gary! imagine coming up against a troop of these guys!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 4:38 am

Hoshi Hasegawa explores an underground chamber

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 5:47 am

awesome pose
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 10:30 am

Okay looking at the picture of Dr. Diablos's guard will definitely give me NIGHTMARES for sure because the Schnookstaffel sure belong in a horror movie. It’s what underneath the gas mask that scares me.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 1:21 pm

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 7:05 pm

Fantastic photos in this thread! cheers

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Hoshi Hasegawa At The Beach   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2023 10:11 pm

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2023 10:21 pm

I'll have a Coke and a smile like that any day!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2023 10:24 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
I'll have a Coke and a smile like that any day!

I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony.....
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2023 7:09 am

Brilliant! she looks so natural!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: The Colonel   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 9:12 pm

Finally, a kitbash I have been collecting parts for for a long time.  This figure represents a lieutentant-colonel in the Royal Canadian Artillery.  His uniform is a mix from various sources.  From top to bottom, his cap is from Banjoman on ebay, while his artillery cap badge is by Tony Barton at Antheads.  The bush jacket is by Ujindou from their SAS Edward MacDonald figure, while the breeches and boots and Sam Browne belt are from the DiD WWI Colonel MacKenzie figure starring Benedict Cumberbatch...(1917)

The head sculpt is from a DiD Gangster set, but too me, looks very much like a middle-aged Sean Connery (The DiD name for this character is "Sean,") and he looks about the right age to be a lieutenant colonel. What identifies him as Canadian is the colour of the edging on his rank insignia. A British Royal Artillery officer would have blue edging, while the Royal Canadian Artillery used red.

I don't know exactly where he'll fit into my little alternate reality yet, but I'll find a place.

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2023 2:05 am

Wow! Fantastic looking figure! Probably the most "realistic" among your characters.

Perhaps this will be the first in a series of more historically accurate figures.

Or maybe he'll end up as another Boy Toy for the kittens of Kimono Troop.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2023 7:01 am

He's finally here, and well worth the wait! He came together really well bounce .
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2023 8:13 am

Well Gary all that collecting parts for for a long time very much looks like it’s payed off. I think it’s brilliant that you have represented this very realistic figure into a lieutentant-colonel in the Royal Canadian Artillery. He’s very well photographed and brilliant poses too. This is my favourite picture out of the lot you have taken Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 0726-B988-650-E-4551-A6-EB-C82-E0-BC18690

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Diablos Island Beach Patrol    Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2023 12:12 pm

I finally got my second S36A (pale) anime body on Saturday, whom I am naming "Aki." If she looks familiar, it's because I'm using the head sculpt  from my first S36 from last year, which has been sitting in my parts box for a while as I used a different anime head sculpt parted out from an S40A on Monkey Depot to create "Hoshi." In keeping anime tradition, I am giving all my anime figures Japanese names whether they have Japanese features or not.

Hoshi and Aiko will form the nucleus of the Diablos Island Beach Patrol, as well a run the gas station and gun store.  The Beach Patrol is responsible for security on the island's beaches. In most places, they would be simple life guards, but on Diablos Island that can involve quite a bit more, so they are pretty-well armed as life-guards and gas station attendants go.  

I have yet to work out full backgrounds for either, but did let on in "Girls und Whisky" that Hoshi's family was incinerated in a Godzilla story and that she had to shoot her boyfriend between the eyes after he got bitten by a zombie and turned.  

Overall, I think they make a very cute pair and my next project will be to get an appropriately sized body for this off-brand anime head sculpt that I currently have on an S22A body, but which seems undersized on that particular body.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2023 10:04 pm

That lieutentant-colonel in the Royal Canadian Artillery figure looks so realistic! cheers
Nice looking figure! cheers

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2023 3:50 am

I finally decided to attempt something I've been meaning to do for a while, which is to use a photo background along with some foreground elements to give a greater sense of depth to my sets.  The photo was downloaded from a stock photography company and I had a 24 x 16" mat ink-jet print made for the background.  Lighting was with a single, on camera flash bounced at the ceiling to create a top-down diffused light and avoid casting unwanted shadows on the background.  I think it worked pretty well, and over the next little while, I plan to buy a few more of these images to simulate different geographical areas.  

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2023 5:18 am

The photo-backdrop technique worked out very nicely! Looks to me like you achieved the sense of distance and depth you were working toward.

The cascading foreground vines are effectively arranged, giving a sense of "gravity at work," that is, of "mass" to the foliage.

And Hoshi is so cuuuute!!!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2023 7:04 am

Great work, Gary! The pictures worked out perfectly bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command   Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes and Villains of Kimono Troop Command
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next