ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I

Go down 
+9
Professor Gangrene Fan
FIELD STATION 42
BAMComix
ReverendSpooky
Randam Hajile
Rogue-Trooper
Hawkeye
RealSarahdactyl
Kimono Troop Command
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Empty
PostSubject: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 11:28 pm

The late MiskatonickNick created a lot of great and very humorous photos.  They continue to inspire many of us today. One of his recurring themes revolves around one or more figures waiting in ambush around a corner, or sometimes behind a rock, for a victim or victims to come into range.  See below.   

MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I 14512479611_0c5587a983_c
The Adventure Team Strike Back! by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

To honour Nick, we’ve decided to hold a little photo challenge to emulate the photo above.  Participants may use any of their own figures, for any period.  They can be modern, WWII, Sci-Fi, steampunk, Old West....whatever.

The photo should show a corridor with one or more figures hiding in the foreground, out of site of intended victim, behind some sort of door way.   One of them should be armed with some explosive device. A hand grenade is simplest, but a stick of dynamite, or a bundle of it, or another hand-held explosive device will do.  

The bad guy(s) may be men or women, space aliens, whatever you like as long as they looks sinister and bad ass. Also, there should be a body on the ground, lying dead. It can be a good guy, a bad guy, even a skeleton if you have one. After all, that's what Nick used.  

This is a challenge, but not a contest.  There is no time limit, and contributors may contribute more than one image, as long as they have different figures and a different or altered background.  Please do not submit multiple takes of the same figures as we want to see some variety. Aside from that, feel free to use your imagination.

Here is my entry

I hope to see a lot of creative entries!

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:37 am; edited 3 times in total

BAMComix, Hawkeye and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2023 2:13 am

If I can fit in a contribution without taking too much time from the many products I have on the go..

I could maybe do something. One of the following:

Hazardous Environment Combat Unit (HECU) vs Freeman.
Freeman vs HECU.
Leon or Claire vs Mr. X when he arrives..

There are possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2023 2:50 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
If I can fit in a contribution without taking too much time from the many products I have on the go..

Freeman vs HECU.

There are possibilities.

It's entirely up to your discretion Sarah.  As long as you more or less emulate Nick's original photo as best you can with what you have, and put your own spin on it if possible. The ambushers are not required to be the good guys, incidentally. They can be the bad guys as well.  Just have fun and be creative.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2023 7:21 am

Fantastic entry, Gary! and I think Nick would've been impressed! I'm gonna have to have a think about this on. I'm bust for the next couple of days, but that gives me lots of time to have a think!
A fabulous idea for a challenge! Come on guys, lets really get behind this! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2023 9:04 am

https://flic.kr/p/qWhsDb

Can this be imitated instead? Similar scene and theme, also by MiskatonucNick.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2023 10:34 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
https://flic.kr/p/qWhsDb

Can this be imitated instead? Similar scene and theme, also by MiskatonucNick.

Sure. The "ambush around the corner" type image was a recurring theme in Nick's work and if you think you can do a better job emulating that photo, then by all means, take your best shot. Just be sure to post a link to the image you emulating along with your submission.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2023 3:21 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

Can this be imitated instead? Similar scene and theme....

Evil Poppy? Shocked There's an Evil Poppy Parker????

'Kay, that's cool!

Also, that pic illustrates what K-Troop said: the Ambush-Around-The-Corner was a recurring theme in Nick's pix.

These old pictures almost always make me feel like ditching all my Phicen/TBLeague figs and using Integrity dolls instead. But... I can't afford Integrity dolls! Current prices for Poppy Parker and friends on eBay make TBLeague figs seem like a bargain!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2023 4:01 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

Freeman vs HECU.

There are possibilities.

You know, a zombie take on this would be awesome Sarah! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2023 6:17 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
RealSarahdactyl wrote:

Freeman vs HECU.

There are possibilities.

That's the way I am leaning. 😆

BAMComix and Kimono Troop Command like this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2023 8:37 pm

Cool idea I'll have a look and see what I can comer up with bounce bounce bounce scratch lol!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2023 9:32 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
RealSarahdactyl wrote:

Freeman vs HECU.

There are possibilities.

That's the way I am leaning. 😆

A zombie apocalypse theme would be excellent!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2023 9:33 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Cool idea I'll have a look and see what I can comer up with bounce bounce bounce scratch lol!

We look forward to your contribution.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 6:40 pm

Sadly I'm not familiar with MiskatonickNick or his or her work, but I love to see other peoples Action figure artwork, I saw this post and thought it was a good tribute to someone who looked as if they really enjoyed creating for our hobby flower Hope you like my representation of the photo Cheers Ian

MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I 2

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 6:44 pm

Excellent picture Ian, and really in the spirit of the challenge! Love the moody lighting you've gone for too. If you want to see more of Nicks work, check his flickr, you won't be disappointed Wink .

https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyville/

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 6:58 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Excellent picture Ian, and really in the spirit of the challenge! Love the moody lighting you've gone for too. If you want to see more of Nicks work, check his flickr, you won't be disappointed Wink .

Thanks, Dal I've really enjoyed this challenge it's the kind of thing I love doing, and thank you I'll take a look, by the way, was Nick a member of this group I can honestly say I don't think I had the pleasure of meeting him Sad

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 7:53 pm

Great post! Thanks for taking part!

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 8:23 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:

Thanks, Dal I've really enjoyed this challenge it's the kind of thing I love doing, and thank you I'll take a look, by the way, was Nick a member of this group I can honestly say I don't think I had the pleasure of meeting him Sad

Nick did join, but sadly he became ill not long after that, which was a shame as he was a great guy, always helpful to share his ideas and creativity. He was a big loss to our hobby Crying or Very sad .
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 8:51 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Great post! Thanks for taking part!

Thank you Kimono Troop Command I enjoy this kind of challenge and have learnt a bit about another collector who enjoyed this type of artwork but sad to hear he is no longer with us Sad

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 8:54 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:

Nick did join, but sadly he became ill not long after that, which was a shame as he was a great guy, always helpful to share his ideas and creativity. He was a big loss to our hobby Crying or Very sad .

Thats sad to hear but it's nice for the group to remember his work and share it with others who never knew him Smile

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 9:11 pm

Are we limited to one picture  ? As I'm buzzing with ideas.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 9:35 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Are we limited to one picture  ? As I'm buzzing with ideas.

There is no limit as to the number of pictures, however if you do post more than one, please try to include as much variety as possible in your choice of figures, backgrounds and posing. These ambush in the corridor type photos were a recurring theme in MiskatonickNick's images and since what we are doing is rendering honour to him, we ask that each of the photos try to emulate one of his, using whatever figures you may have.  

This is not a contest and is about having fun as well as rendering homage to Nick. So if you have a lot of ideas, feel free to run with the ball. We look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2023 2:13 pm

I really thought long and hard about this challenge, I didn't want to push something out that was done on a whim, so after conversations with the regulars of chat, I opted to play to my strengths and go with dinosaurs! This is without the largest free standing set I've made to date!

MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I 53007208227_994810a0f0_cMiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge. by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hawkeye and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2023 2:32 pm

Great image Dal! There is a lot going on here. I think you were correct in playing to your strengths. Redbox and Tabi seem unconcerned by what's going on around them, don't they? I guess they have full confidence in Jake and Daxter.....

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2023 2:44 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Great image Dal!  There is a lot going on here. I think you were correct in playing to your strengths.  Redbox and Tabi seem unconcerned by what's going on around them, don't they?  I guess they have full confidence in Jake and Daxter.....

Thanks Gary! I'm glad I went with your advice Very Happy . I guess Redbox and Tabi could have, or it could have something to do with the bomb Redbox is lighting!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2023 3:07 pm

Oh, wow! That's wild! The ambush is thwarted by a dinosaur attack?

Fantastic use of multi-layers of walls to create a sense of depth.

That giant overgrown skull in the foreground is fantastic.

Impressive use of jungle foliage to create a Lost World sense of space!

This is too cool!

cheers

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I   MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MiskatonickNick Ambushers Photo Emulation Challenge I
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next