ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

K-Troop Confidential

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

K-Troop Confidential Empty
PostSubject: K-Troop Confidential   K-Troop Confidential Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 9:48 am

K-Troop Confidential 53143197582_fc7a7a85fa_b
Page_1
by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

K-Troop Confidential 53144208745_97937a2576_b
Page_2

K-Troop Confidential 53144209230_7f16ee8771_b
Page_3

K-Troop Confidential 53144273188_2ee68dcdd2_b
Page_4

K-Troop Confidential 53144473003_e06b57c426_b
Page_5

K-Troop Confidential 53144529478_00525c1041_b
Page_6

K-Troop Confidential 53144051386_7d03d272fa_b
page_7

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: K-Troop Confidential   K-Troop Confidential Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 9:59 am

lol! lol! lol! That was so funny! I love the layout of the glossy magazine. It reminded me a little of the supermarket tabloids Very Happy . I also thought it was clever how you tied the two stories together too! very funny Wink
Back to top Go down
G.I.Barbie
New Recruit
G.I.Barbie

PostSubject: Re: K-Troop Confidential   K-Troop Confidential Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 10:06 am

oh gosh, that was funny! Dal, asked me to take a look at your latest comic, and I'm pleased I did. I don't follow many characters, on the forum, but I do enjoy the work and pictures, so I was a little unsure who got promoted or why, but the Barbie parody was excellent!
Did you know, that it has long been rumoured that the creator of Barbie, way back in the 60's first got the idea while holidaying in Germany and discovering a doll that was often gifted between homosexual males at the time? I'm not entirely sure if this is a urban myth or indeed has truth. Just sayin' Wink
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: K-Troop Confidential   K-Troop Confidential Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 10:08 am

K-Troop Confidential is supposed to emulate a trashy supermarket tabloid. That's the whole joke. I drew the inspiration for the name from the film L.A. Confidential. The disclaimers were inspired by MiskatonicNick. I was intrigued also, by the visual gag potential of having an inexpensive but famous play line doll, with it's visible joints and limited articulation mixing it up in a story with much more expensive and realistic action figures. For me, the funniest gag, was the cover page photo of Barbie giving what is either a Nazi salute or a wave to her fans, while flanked by Bambi and Col Klunk.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: K-Troop Confidential   K-Troop Confidential Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 10:18 am

G.I.Barbie wrote:
oh gosh, that was funny! Dal, asked me to take a look at your latest comic, and I'm pleased I did. I don't follow many characters, on the forum, but I do enjoy the work and pictures, so I was a little unsure who got promoted or why, but the Barbie parody was excellent!
Did you know, that it has long been rumoured that the creator of Barbie, way back in the 60's first got the idea while holidaying in Germany and discovering a doll that was often gifted between homosexual males at the time? I'm not entirely sure if this is a urban myth or indeed has truth. Just sayin' Wink

Kamiko Takahara commands an elite, all-female commando unit under the auspices of the Secret Intelligence and Military Operations Network, aka SIMON, which serves as an umbrella organization for our joint comic. Michiko Tanaka is Kamiko's niece and only surviving family member. Kamiko is a surrogate mother to her, and despite their close bond, Michiko is an overly trigger-happy young lady who's main rule in life is to shoot first, keep shooting until everyone is dead, then shoot them all again just to be sure they're dead.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: K-Troop Confidential   K-Troop Confidential Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 3:47 pm

P1.
The entire GI JOE Adventure Team? face with open mouth

You're writing entire articles now! In addition to the layout looking good, and the humorously intriguing article titles, the actual content is hilarious!

I particularly like the "understated absurdity" in the "Suki Arrives!" piece.

That photo of Barbie is too funny! I'm sure she's just waving to her fans. Yes, waving, that must be it.

P2.
Col. Klunk's smirk is a revealing cue for the observant!

I must say, they look good together.

The entire Johnny West line? Even... Jane? And... I won't ask about Josie and Janice, because I don't wanna start trouble.

Sounds like Agent 007 Commodore Bond-Fleming was pleasantly impressed by the talents of Miss Roberts. Not so much by the wallet thing. That's what he gets for being a lousy tipper.

P3.

Uhhnnnn... nice lighting in the pictures. grinning face with smiling eyes

The beer-drinking pic is kinda fun!

So... that looks like a nice swimming hole. Did the photographer document the skinny-dipping that doubtlessly followed?

I'd nearly forgotten those old "chainsaw slaying" rumors.

Nice shout-out to the "Dankbush" series! winking face

P4.

Nice pics! Great outfits! Fun story! "Fighting Heartbreakers and Life-Takers!"

"Train hard, drink hard, fight hard..." and I suspect the writer judiciously left out one or two other things.

I wonder how Michiko will cope with the paperwork, record-keeping, and bureaucracy required of those working in the education field?

DISCLAIMERS:

The over-the-top apologies and disclaimers cracked me up, like, totally!

Although... including some version of the standard motion picture "all persons fictitious" disclaimer (aka the 'Rasputin Disclaimer') on photo stories that feature figure likenesses of celebrities or of recognizable characters might be a good idea, at that.

PostSubject: Re: K-Troop Confidential   K-Troop Confidential Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K-Troop Confidential
Page 1 of 1