ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot

Go down 
+2
Hawkeye
BAMComix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Empty
PostSubject: Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot   Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 10:21 am

Another figure from the box I opened, Dr. Davis Elliot. He is part of a toy line from Lanard called the K9 Corps.
I don't recall how I found him on Ebay, but I liked his head sculpt and the items in the set. The premise is that
he is a scientist that combined human and canine DNA to make super soldiers.

Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot K9_dr_10

Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot K9_dr_11

I had no interest in the "dog soldiers" but I liked the look of this figure. I thought he might make a good scientist
figure (or a bad one) among my figures. I liked the test tube rack, that has removable test tubes.

Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot K9_dr_12

The figure came out of the box with another two test tubes in his hand, held with a clear rubber band. I'm not sure
how much longer it will last, I've seen them break down in the past, but I didn't remove them from his hand.
He also has two dog tags, one showing K9 Corps and the other with his name and image.

Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot K9_dr_13

Another great item is the computer box. It is battery powered and with pushing the activate button it says three
phrases.

Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot K9_dr_14

Phrase 1: Security scan initiated, Dr. Davis Elliot K9 Corps Geneticist (in a computer voice).
Phrase 2: I supply the K9 Corps with vehicles and the ultimate in weapons.
Phrase 3: I have a new genetic creation.

The top of the box has a removable tab, marked remove to use. But it works with the tab in place. I'm wondering
if the other figures came with tabs that could be put into the box that would say other sounds? I don't know much
about this line other than the other figures were human type canines.

Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot K9_dr_15

The figure came with a file card.

Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot K9_car10

And a small instruction sheet that I'm guessing was the same in all of the sets.

Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot K9_ins10

It's basically an image that tells how to remove clothing from the figures.

Hopefully someone might find this interesting.  Smile

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot   Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 10:44 am

Wow! what a great looking figure! I've seen the 'dog soldier' before, I believe Brandonthefigurefreak had a lot, but I've never seen their creator if you will. I love all the small accessories and the computer. That could come in real useful for creating a Joe lab or something. His dog tags look cool too, Thanks also fro including his bio. very interesting indeed. Did you ever get around to using him n a story? or do you have any plans to? Thanks for sharing your find, Daryl.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot   Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 12:48 pm

Nice one Daryl he looks awsome bounce I've never seen this range before but liking the mad scientist theme and the dog soldiers cheers cheers cheers Cheers Ian

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot   Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 1:27 pm

As soon as I seen Dr. Davis Elliot and the items he came with in the set my only word was JUST WOW! Dr. Davis Elliot head sculpt is very cool and scientist looking. His long lab coat also looks cool. I can see why you liked the test tube rack, even better function that the test tubes are removable. His computer box screams out Sci Fi looking. I’m really liking the look of his file card. You have showed off Dr. Davis Elliot with as usual brilliant photos. Thanks for sharing with us Daryl.

FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot   Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 2:01 pm

I do not recall ever seeing 1/6-scale Lanard figures in person. I'm familiar with the 3-3/4 inch size "The Corps" figures.

This "Dr. Elliot" scientist figure looks great! The head sculpt is a fun blend of dramatic 'comic book style' and realistic, and like Professor Gangrene Fan noted, the lab jacket is impressive: mad science chic!

I like the lab equipment, too: the test tubes rack and the analyzer gizmo.

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot   Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 12:10 am

BAMComix wrote:
Wow! what a great looking figure! I've seen the 'dog soldier' before, I believe Brandonthefigurefreak had a lot, but I've never seen their creator if you will. I love all the small accessories and the computer. That could come in real useful for creating a Joe lab or something. His dog tags look cool too, Thanks also fro including his bio. very interesting indeed. Did you ever get around to using him n a story? or do you have any plans to? Thanks for sharing your find, Daryl.

Thanks Dal cheers I'm glad you like him. I happened to see him on ebay and really liked his look. I wasn't familiar with him, but I had seen the
dogs, there were several of them made in different breeds. I got him during a time when I was collecting a lot of stuff, so I really haven't done
anything with him. I found him in a box with the battle droid and a couple of other sci-fi type figures.

Last edited by TNshooter on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot   Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 12:15 am

Hawkeye wrote:
Nice one Daryl he looks awsome bounce I've never seen this range before but liking the mad scientist theme and the dog soldiers cheers cheers cheers Cheers Ian

Thanks Ian, I'm glad you like him cheers I'm not sure how long the line lasted, there were several breeds of dogs with different names.
As I recall the one on the instruction sheet is a german sheperd and I remember one being a bulldog. But it was a while back and I don't
remember the rest. I wasn't exactly interested in the line, but I really liked this character.

TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot   Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 12:21 am

Professor Gangrene Fan wrote:
As soon as I seen Dr. Davis Elliot and the items he came with in the set my only word was JUST WOW! Dr. Davis Elliot head sculpt is very cool and scientist looking. His long lab coat also looks cool. I can see why you liked the test tube rack, even better function that the test tubes are removable. His computer box screams out Sci Fi looking. I’m really liking the look of his file card. You have showed off Dr. Davis Elliot with as usual brilliant photos. Thanks for sharing with us Daryl.

Thanks Alexander cheers  One reason I picked him up was because of his look, the sculpt and coat, and the overall character. And I agree on the
file card, I like those with figures that have a certain character and background. Thank you for your kind words on the photos.

Last edited by TNshooter on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot   Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 12:26 am

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
I do not recall ever seeing 1/6-scale Lanard figures in person. I'm familiar with the 3-3/4 inch size "The Corps" figures.

This "Dr. Elliot" scientist figure looks great! The head sculpt is a fun blend of dramatic 'comic book style' and realistic, and like Professor Gangrene Fan noted, the lab jacket is impressive: mad science chic!

I like the lab equipment, too: the test tubes rack and the analyzer gizmo.

I'm glad you like him Dave cheers I remember the smaller figures. I have seen a couple of the 1/6 figures that I picked up in a store,
and some I got on ebay. I will have to dig and find them.

The lab equipment was a big part of why I got him. I just really liked his gear. Very Happy

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot   Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 9:48 pm

Really cool figure Daryl! cheers

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot   Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 11:49 pm

Thanks Jim cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot   Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lanard K9 Corps Dr Davis Elliot
Page 1 of 1