ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You can still get lucky

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

You can still get lucky  Empty
PostSubject: You can still get lucky    You can still get lucky  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 10:33 pm

Last week on my way to do the grocery shopping , I passed a Charity shop . It was early evening and so it was closed . I did look through the window and see what I thought was a bag of Marx Silver and Black Knights stuff . Oh well I thought that won`t be there next time I go shopping . Well I went shopping a bit earlier today , and nothing in the window but I went in for a look . And there was said bag of Marx stuff , so I brought it for about £6.50 . After shopping and dinner and other 1/1 stuff , I went through the bag and it was full of Mainly Marx Horse Knights horse armour bits but .... there was also a set of VAM Royal Life Guards Breast plates , a pair of boots with an odd spur , and a helmet with it`s plume , which does need gluing , nothing spectacular I guess , but still nice to find vintage stuff is still out there in the charity shops .

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: You can still get lucky    You can still get lucky  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 11:36 pm

cheers SCORE! Nice find, Chippers! And an impressive eye to spot vintage MARX stuff through the window of a charity shop!

I am in awe of your hunting prowess! rendeer

I'm also really surprised that you ran across bits and pieces of action figure gear from the 1960s in a charity shop. I cannot imagine that very much from that era surfaces "in the wild" like that anymore.

Exciting find! Thanx for sharing the story!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: You can still get lucky    You can still get lucky  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 7:26 am

What a great find Chip! I love going into charity shops!
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: You can still get lucky    You can still get lucky  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 1:58 pm

BAMComix wrote:
What a great find Chip! I love going into charity shops!

Be hard to match the haul you picked up last year was it ?

PostSubject: Re: You can still get lucky    You can still get lucky  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You can still get lucky
Page 1 of 1