ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Head swapping on MAM ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Head swapping on MAM ? Empty
PostSubject: Head swapping on MAM ?   Head swapping on MAM ? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 3:41 pm

Has anybody managed to put different heads onto MAM bodies ? Are all the MAM neck posts the same ?

Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Head swapping on MAM ?   Head swapping on MAM ? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 2:50 am

I think the mainstream MAM bodies are very similar to the Joe Hall of Fame bodies and Classic Collection bodies.
I have to "shave" the post a little bit on the CC bodies for the HOF heads to fit.

I unfortunately don't have a photo of those posts.

I have two Joe 30th collection figures I've wanted to put on MAM bodies. They are similar to HOF, but the wrists
let the hands move a little, and the posts are different. A kind of variation of the HOF figures. A member on
another forum talked about getting a 30th figure and changing it to another, more articulated body. He used a
body from a Hasbro Starting Line-up line, old sports figures.

They have the same body as some MAM's. The MAM bodies have "blue shorts."

Head swapping on MAM ? _dws1710

I haven't seen many of these, I just happened to have this one handy to take a quick shot. It is on my project
"to do" list.
The other bodies the body is all the same color. Those are another type of post. The neck is not as long, and it's a
separate piece that sits in the shoulders. The bottom of the heads off this body are concave and have a very small hole,
and no neck. The others have a short neck with the bottom flush and a larger hole, that fits on the shorter neck.
I wish I had a photo of that.

I'm sorry I don't have the more common body to photograph. I also didn't meant to get so wordy, I just wanted
to let you know this version, which I don't think will work for a head swap with other figure lines.

TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Head swapping on MAM ?   Head swapping on MAM ? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 3:40 am

I happened to remember where I had a bag of heads I took off figures for my body conversions,
The member on another forum had sent me one of the starting line-up with the head removed.
I'm not sure what I did with the head I pulled off the MAM body, bur these will show the difference
of the heads which might be more useful for you. On the left is a MAM head, on the left is the type
that came off the "blue shorts" type figure.

Head swapping on MAM ? Aa210

the one on the left shows a little bit of neck compared to the other, the bottom shows more of how
the head might fit on a body.

Head swapping on MAM ? Aa310

I hope this gives a bit of reference, if not please don't hesitate to ask if there's any other way I can
help.

Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Head swapping on MAM ?   Head swapping on MAM ? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 11:26 am

That`s very useful , thanks Daryl .

Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Head swapping on MAM ?   Head swapping on MAM ? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 3:00 am

Chip,

I came across a MAM body with the other style neck post. It's completely rigid, but hopefully this will give you a
reference.

Head swapping on MAM ? Mam_ne10

Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Head swapping on MAM ?   Head swapping on MAM ? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 12:17 pm

That looks very much like a Dragon neck post , thanks again Daryl .

PostSubject: Re: Head swapping on MAM ?   Head swapping on MAM ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head swapping on MAM ?
Page 1 of 1