ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

slotted shoulders

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tof
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Tof

slotted shoulders  Empty
PostSubject: slotted shoulders    slotted shoulders  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:07 pm

hi,
A friend of mine bought an VAM with slotted shoulders, is it possible?
GI joe did it,I sure but AM?
thanks for your answers
Back to top Go down
http://forumdugroupactionjoe.xooit.fr/index.php
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

slotted shoulders  Empty
PostSubject: Re: slotted shoulders    slotted shoulders  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Yes Action Man had some slotted shoulders not sure if they were mail away ones or not ??

Ade might know hes the PH expert here
Back to top Go down

slotted shoulders  Empty
PostSubject: Re: slotted shoulders    slotted shoulders  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:36 am

I have a hand full of drilled, slotted Joes, they were early, 64-65 maybe, can't see why AM would be slotted since he reached the market in 66 if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps they were lend lease parts from Pawtucket to fill the orders. Interesting bit of history there????

Maybe we can compare AM to Joe and see if in fact it appears that Joe parts were used?

Rick

Last edited by joeman on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

slotted shoulders  Empty
PostSubject: Re: slotted shoulders    slotted shoulders  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:27 am

We had this discussion here not long ago....

Click on this link: Slotted Shoulder VAM

At the bottom on my post in the above linked thread is another link to an old UAMHQ thread discussing the very same thing.

I've encountered a couple of UK collectors who had received slotted shouldered VAM from Palitoy's Star Scheme so I'm inclined to believe that these shoulders were obsolete clearance pieces bought from Hasbro.

Last edited by Joe90 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

slotted shoulders  Empty
PostSubject: Re: slotted shoulders    slotted shoulders  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:16 am

Hello Tof , Yes AM did do slotted shoulders for the market . They were though used to distinguish between the mailaway & normal AM. So that you knew he was a star card figure.
I believe along the same lines as Joe. That it was more also to do with excess bulk spares being used up rather than a specific design.
I love the fact that he began life as a mailaway & has gone on to become one of the more sought after figures in the AM Range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

slotted shoulders  Empty
PostSubject: Re: slotted shoulders    slotted shoulders  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

slotted shoulders
Page 1 of 1