ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paintedhead slotted shoulders

Go down 
+3
Sgt_Elias
Danthecoat
BAMComix
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Paintedhead slotted shoulders Empty
PostSubject: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 3:48 pm

This is the rare version of the paintedhead with slotted shoulders.

Paintedhead slotted shoulders 029-6
Paintedhead slotted shoulders 056-1
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:45 pm

great to know what too look for whenever recieving a vintage PH, great upload mate
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:54 pm

I have waited and waited and waited for one of these and i have had literally hundreds of painted heads come pass through my hands and i have NEVER been lucky enough to get one now YOU ANd dammo GET ONE EACH IN A MATTER OF WEEKS Evil or Very Mad

I am beyond jealous and cant quite believe NONE of you have had the decency to offer to send me one between you but thats ok its all been noted Mad

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

LUCKY BUGGERS lol!

Great post why dont you post yours Damo and really rub it in Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:55 pm

You mean this one Danny Laughing

Paintedhead slotted shoulders 100_0794

I bid on a lot that had blurry pictures and a load of kit but all in all not very clear what was being sold, ended up getting him and some very nice additional stuff i hadn't bargained for

You'll get one, one day mate - keep buying those PH's Wink
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Paintedhead slotted shoulders Baby-sulk

NOT BOTHERED !!!!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:42 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Are those VAM, I've seen drilled shoulders on Joe, but not VAM. Here's a pic of one of mine, very early Joe with drilled shoulders, drilled neckpost, baby feet and beefy hands. Looks to have never been played with at all.

Paintedhead slotted shoulders 102_2232
Paintedhead slotted shoulders 102_2231

Rick

Last edited by joeman on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:13 pm

very nice joeman, they are quite rare over here cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:17 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
very nice joeman, they are quite rare over here cheers

Same here, but I've been at it for years and have managed to get a few, he's my best one yet.

Rick
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:28 pm

you have done well then mate, do you have a lrge collection then? I have just over 30 action men and a couple of Joes that came from America Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:46 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
you have done well then mate, do you have a lrge collection then? I have just over 30 action men and a couple of Joes that came from America Very Happy

I have quite a few, somewhere around 100 vintage PH and AT Joes. Too many for sure.

I just posted a few pics in the My Joes thread, ck 'em out!

Rick
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:49 pm

they are awesome Rick, you have some great sets Very Happy top upload
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:29 pm

I remember having a slotted shoulder Action Man back in the 60's, i've got a photo of me holding him from 67/68?.... I never knew the slotted figures were quite scarce Surprised Smile
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:53 pm

clivvers wrote:
I remember having a slotted shoulder Action Man back in the 60's, i've got a photo of me holding him from 67/68?.... I never knew the slotted figures were quite scarce Surprised Smile

Now that opens up a whole new debate! My theory, for what its worth, is that slotted shoulders were unique to G.I. Joe (being usually found on the '64 figures while Palitoy did not bring out AM until '66) but that Joes were sold over here under the guise of AM until Palitoy got the tooling for production sorted out - I seem to recall a version of the early AM box which was actually G.I. Joe but with stickers over it? It could have been that Palitoy got a load of parts from Hasbro and slotted shoulders were included but that seems doubtful as early demand for Joe in the States exceeded supply.....apparently!

Having said all that, i remember a friend of mine some years back having a slotted shoulder Am - well the figure was in an early Am box..........see, this is what happens when you get middle aged....you start getting confused!
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Over the past 6 years I've encountered a few people who have slotted shoulder VAM's. In each case those figures were from Palitoy's star mail-away offer.

GI Joe Slotted shoulders were a brief phenomenon in 1964, and were then quickly phased out. Palitoy didn't start producing Action Man until 1966 -- and the star figure program started a year or so later. My thinking is that rather than Palitoy adopting a phased out technique of drilling the shoulders

-- a rather labour intensive technique that would increase labour costs --

it would seem more likely that they bought these old stock pieces from Hasbro at a discount to use on their FREE figure. The fact that these slotted shoulder VAM are so rare would suggest that Palitoy quickly used up these discounted parts.

i can't think of any other scenario.

EDIT -- Here is an early conversation over at UAMHQ: Slotted Shoulder VAM
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:30 am

This is a very insightful thread !

Thanks to all !

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Very intresting posts cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:36 pm

i have a slotted shoulder guy (action man) i didnt know the necks are slotted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:40 pm

just been for a look my guys got a normal neck
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 12:20 am

I haven't heard of a VAM with a slotted neck, only shoulders. The one in this thread is Rick's GI Joe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 12:37 am

Joe90 wrote:
I haven't heard of a VAM with a slotted neck, only shoulders.  The one in this thread is Rick's GI Joe.
Yes, mine is absolutely GI Joe. I only posted to compare.

Rick
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:15 pm

In my 'Avatar' photo I'm holding one of my black PH's which was a Slotted shouldered vam or Joe. This was the figure I had found one morning in my back garden covered in dew and naked. I remember it had a small scuff on the front of his hair, which I quickly touched up with a black marker felt pen, but it wasn't a permanent marker. The figure had a rock hard noggin and a very faint thin scar. Moment's like that will always stay with me in vam/Joe memory.

I haven't seen any slotted shoulder ones lately on my travels, they're definitely scarce but not $$$$. I would love to own one again.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paintedhead slotted shoulders   Paintedhead slotted shoulders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paintedhead slotted shoulders
Page 1 of 1