ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sir Sid's Finest

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage

Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 5:23 pm

I knew i shouldn't have looked into this site, i knew it!! Mad ....i have been pretty much out of the Action man collecting scene for (ahem) years...and one look at Sir Sid's collection and i have found myself slipping into ebay again!
I have never lost interest in old scar face, and oh how i wish i had been able to hold on to my collection, but who knows, i may start to build it up again...damn you Sid! Laughing

It is a treat to see Sir Sid's mammoth collection again after all this time, beautiful, beautiful.

Thanks for having me on board fellas.

Neil.
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 5:25 pm

The Ulsterman wrote:
I knew i shouldn't have looked into this site, i knew it!! Mad ....i have been pretty much out of the Action man collecting scene for (ahem) years...and one look at Sir Sid's collection and i have found myself slipping into ebay again!
I have never lost interest in old scar face, and oh how i wish i had been able to hold on to my collection, but who knows, i may start to build it up again...damn you Sid! Laughing

It is a treat to see Sir Sid's mammoth collection again after all this time, beautiful, beautiful.

Neil.

sir sids is an amazing collection! and as you say a true inspiration !. I shall look forward to seeing how you get on Neil, welcome back to the fold cheers

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 6:09 pm

The Ulsterman wrote:

Neil.

Yes I think it was a good idea to have looked into this forum again because once your in and you've looked around at other members vam collection your be soon back into the Action Man collection bug once again, as you are already back into slowly rebuilding what Action Men you once had by slipping into EBay again. Your be back into the Action Man scene again before you know it Wink

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 6:14 pm

lol...thanks fellas, i admit that i do get "evil" thoughts each Christmas, (i always get nostalgic around this time)...and i knew the last step would be to actually join up again!

I see some names from way back when, so yes chaps, it is very nice to be back in the fold again.
Thanks for having me.

Neil.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 7:22 pm

sirsidneyruffdiamond wrote:
Hi everyone, I haven't posted much lately due to work commitments, however I have just agreed to buy 4 of Ricks ( Joeman ) painted heads, fabulous looking early Joes, will post pics when they arrive.

Cool can't wait to see them! cheers

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 7:25 pm

lol! @ The Ulsterman...

Damm that Sir Sid... lol!

I'm from the US and do not know you The Ulsterman but Welcome back... Very Happy

Flock Head

PostSubject: Collection   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Just had another look at your collection sid.Mighty Impressive.
Back to top Go down
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Artic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:57 am

The Ulsterman wrote:

Neil.

You are very very kind Neil, good to see another Usterman on this great site.

“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Artic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:58 am

1962boy wrote:
Just had another look at your collection sid.Mighty Impressive.

thanks mate.

“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Artic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:01 am

I haven't had too much opportunity to post of late due to work, however I received my latest 4 figures from Rick ( Joeman ) a couple of weeks ago and as usual they are superb, thanks again Rick.

Here is the first of them, using Rick's pic as I haven't taken any yet, its a beautiful pinhead.

Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 10877513_715458311882804_536816640_n1_zps3gsuixvi

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Artic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:19 am

just picked up this old army weapons trunk, looks great in the Crypt and doubles as storage and a display unit, i'm delighted with it

Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Oshawa-20150209-00427_zpsnbkesrpq

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:23 am

That is really a cool trunk SS! cheers
I love the monster faces too! cheers  And that awesome wolfman! cheers
Copter, etc... Ok I got off track looking at all those goodies! Very Happy

oh nice pinhead Joe too! cheers

Artic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:25 am

Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Oshawa-20150209-00429_zpsaxobitxp

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Artic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:26 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
That is really a cool trunk SS! cheers
I love the monster faces too! cheers  And that awesome wolfman! cheers
Copter, etc... Ok I got off track looking at all those goodies! Very Happy

oh nice pinhead Joe too! cheers

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

thank you kindly Jim

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:40 am

Is that some type of knife/sword on the trunk? lol!
You have some really cool stuff! Very Happy

Artic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:47 am

Well spotted Jim, its a WW! British Bayonet, I have a few other bayonets dating back to the 1860's, I love them

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Artic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:51 am

Well spotted Jim, its a WW! British Bayonet, I have a few other bayonets dating back to the 1860's, I love them

for those on here with an interest in Northern Ireland history, I have 3 bayonets which were smuggled in to Ireland in 1912 for the Ulster Volunteer Force, these were to accompany the German rifles which were smuggled in to Larne on the Clyde Valley, the bayonets are in excellent condition and all with scabbards. They lay for over half a century in a store room of a Masonic Lodge in Belfast before I acquired them.

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:07 am

Wow a Bayonet so cool! cheers

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:09 am

for those on here with an interest in Northern Ireland history, I have 3 bayonets which were smuggled in to Ireland in 1912 for the Ulster Volunteer Force, these were to accompany the German rifles which were smuggled in to Larne on the Clyde Valley, the bayonets are in excellent condition and all with scabbards. They lay for over half a century in a store room of a Masonic Lodge in Belfast before I acquired them.

That is really awesome! cheers Loving your thread/posts! Very Happy

NAVY FROGMAN
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:44 pm

i was there when the clyde valley came into carrickfergus harbour

Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 8:55 pm

Love that trunk Sir Sidney and great figures too Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Sir Sid, Are the bayonets stamped?, i would give up a nut for one of those mate, let me know if you ever let go of any of them.
I have a 1917 MKIII* Lee Enfield, but nothing to do with the gun runners.
I would however, love one of the weapons that Fred Crawford brought in to Larne, Donaghadee and Bangor on his gun running expedition. (Rudyard Kipling paid £48.000 towards these weapons!!) Shocked that's a lot of Jungle books in 1914!

My Uncle has an original Steyr Mannlicher which was brought in, with bayonet....unfortunately he has two Sons, both of who are interested in it!...*damn*

Seriously mate, if they are stamped, i would buy one from you.......not that you'd ever sell them of course. Sad

Nice military wooden case Sid, and lovely pin head Joe...excellent!

Neil.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 7:51 pm

blueboxier wrote:
i was there when the clyde valley came into carrickfergus harbour

What was that for Jim, was that when she was broken for scrap?
Its a pity nobody thought to keep that old bucket, even to keep as a talking point in an old dry dock somewhere.

Neil.
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
NAVY FROGMAN
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 7:17 pm

neil that was when the big man wanted to save her from being scrapped , goes without saying she was late but me and the boys climbed aboard her many times when she was in carrick harbour Sad

Artic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:49 am

Hey guys, I haven't posted too much lately, been so busy with work, pays well but i'm effing tired, so I decided to reward myself

here is the first of my new additions

Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Oshawa-20150305-00486_zpss2wb6llf

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sir Sid's Finest
Page 29 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Vintage Action Man Collections 100% Vintage-
Jump to: