ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)

Go down 
+16
ActionLeo2268
ActionYankee
Teckno Viking
jcast
thierry
Joe_White
clivvers
TALLY HO
Wolf_Soldier64
inntruderr61
Sparklebudgie
zulu1
Bond007ca
Professor Gangrene Fan
Tof
BAMComix
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Empty
PostSubject: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:02 pm

(Originally posted by cerberus)

Okay this is my first 1/6 diorama that I built but I never planned on it growing the way it has done.
My "original idea" was to just make a small backdrop so my figures had something to pose in front of in their photos.
(But it evolved over time and just kept growing.)

Believe it or not but it started life as a desk draw.

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) 2unknown032066
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) 1unknown031174

I decided to make a weapons station out of it, but I'm never happy leaving something if I think I can improve on it, so I added some lighting.

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) 3unknown032267

Lights helped but I wasn't impressed with the bench tops, so I used some sheet aluminium that resembles checker plate to cover them.

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) 6unknown031206
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) 5unknown031198

It was now that it started to expand in size when I decided I also needed a "Gun Display" wall.

Right side.

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) 10unknown032421
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) 11unknown032432

More lighting added.

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Dio7a
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Dio7a

TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT POST...

Last edited by actionman2272 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:19 pm

CONTINUED...

The light above the door I changed into an illuminated Exit sign.

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Exitx

I like to add the small details for "eye candy" and add some realism, so I scratchbuilt a small fire extinguisher from some junk laying around in my shed. - I can recycle just about anything.

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Extinguisher

Unfortunately my weapons collection grew and expanded to the point where the gun wall became too small and I couldn't squeeze another gun onto it.

So bye bye gun wall, hello shelves and Soldiers Story gun rack.

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Mcenter
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) 78927639
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Rside
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Pc1bj

When I built this diorama, I tried to keep my options open for possible changes as I went along and just as well I did because it has changed slightly again.

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Pc3d
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Nh4
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) 42135565

Then the unexpected happened...

I bought a green metal Taowan Land Rover WMIK and it needed a garage.
So this diorama was incorporated and added onto the side of a larger garage diorama with a inter-connecting door to link them.

But I will post the Vehicle Garage photos in another thread.
Back to top Go down
Tof
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Tof

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 9:14 pm

whoooosh
Back to top Go down
http://forumdugroupactionjoe.xooit.fr/index.php
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm

After building the "Weapons Room", I bought a 1/6 Land Rover and thought why not extend the bunker to include a garage to park it in?
(And as a display for the Landie.)

As luck would have it I had also just brought a new chest of draws for my daughter's room and was going to throw the old one away.
But it came to me that the chest's large box shape was a pretty good size for a 1/6 garage and it saved me having to make one as a bonus.

So removed the draws and I laid it face down on a flat piece of MDF board as the base, then cut the viewing-side and doorway out.
Next I marked out the floor's concrete squares and used a metal scribe to cut then into the MDF.

Some cheap grey paint in "Rattle Cans" turned it all grey and once dry additions begin.

Sorry folks but it seems every image I post goes to the very top of the post and I can't place them.
(I've just upgraded my browser and it's been screwy ever since.)

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Aaaarnie1Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Aaad11Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Aaac61Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Aaac13
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Aaad12
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Aaad9
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Aaac10
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Aaac8
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Aaac7
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:29 pm

WOW Dal your Bunker Diorama and larger Vehicle garage diorama is really truly amazing mate. Your attention to small detail is just outstanding, you can really tell that you put your heart and soul in making these dioramas; you must have heaps of fun making these? I know I would have heaps of fun making them. It looks like a 1/6 scale set design for Action movie. Your weapons collection is very large so no wonder you had to build shelves and Soldiers Story gun rack. They so many small details I like but my favourite has to be the desk, where did you find the joystick? I think it looks well cool.
OUTSTANDING WORK Dal!!!!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:40 pm

although I would like to say they are mine ackie, they are not. These amazing dios were built by a chap name cerberus who lives in Australia. I am hoping he will re join us soon. I shall pass on your wonderful comments to Dave (cerberus)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:45 am

Love it It looks great I may have to make something like this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:06 am

Very well done!
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:18 am

WHAT THE H E Double Hockey Stick!!!!!!

I could get lost in that !!!! AWESOME!!!!

Len
Back to top Go down
zulu1
Painted Head
zulu1

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Fantastic detailing - thanks for the re-post Dal!
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:48 pm

These are truly stunning, lets hope he rejoins and posts more quality dio's like this. cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Dave has already re joined us sparkle ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:06 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
Dave has already re joined us sparkle ! cheers
Goes off to trawl his posts Embarassed
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 1:30 am

That is freakin awesome Dal! The WOW factor! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:30 am

Incredible work on all aspects of this diorama. This is truly one of the best I've EVER seen! BTW: I'm curious, what did you use for the pegboard for your knife collection? Was it custom-drilled styrene or were you able to find it like that naturally? Thanks for the posting of the pix.cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:17 am

Hey fellas, I'm back.

Not that I really ever went away entirely.
But I've got two young children and they come before my hobbies , so...

Thanks everyone for your kind words about the dioramas and I'm glad you like them.
But their evolution never did cease entirely, and both the Weapons Bunker and Garage have both been altered since those photos of them were taken.
While I haven't been as active as I was before, I have still been tinkering away in the background whenever I get "my" time to play.

This is wide-angle shot of what the Weapons Room looks like now.

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Rcpx

The Garage has changed a bit too, but I haven't taken any photos which give a full wide-angle view of it yet.
Here is the widest current shot that I've taken of it so far.
(Sorry, but I was only meaning to photograph a figure with a background at the time, not show the diorama.)

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) 05lx

I haven't taken a new proper, more detailed set of photos of the dioramas yet, because I'm still waiting on some gear for them to arrive.
But I'll make sure to post updated photos of the dioramas after I've taken them.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:27 am

bob hauk wrote:
Incredible work on all aspects of this diorama. This is truly one of the best I've EVER seen! BTW: I'm curious, what did you use for the pegboard for your knife collection? Was it custom-drilled styrene or were you able to find it like that naturally? Thanks for the posting of the pix.cheers
Sorry mate, I almost missed your question.

The peg boards come with some modern 1/6 weapons as displays. - Usually with Assault Rifles and SMGs.
If you check ebay (evilbay) under "1/6 Gun" in Toys & Hobbies, and list cheapest first, you will come across them eventually.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 10:17 am

Hey Dave, great to see you back mate cheers . There has been a lot of interest in your amazing diorama !! and deservedly so, it it is a stunning work by any standards. I look forward to your updated shots my friend cheers 
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 10:24 am

Awesome that is awesome well done Very Happy enjoy looking at your uplaods

Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 4:14 pm

type of place I would like to live ............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 am

I've just found this thread... WOW and WOW and WOW!!!! I'm in awe
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:57 pm

I've just stumbled across this 1/6 goodness!

Ace!  cheers  cheers  cheers  It's similar to the place I would like to be when the Zombie outbreak starts!  Wink  

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Thanks fellas, I'm glad you like it.

Here are some updated photos of the garage part as it is now.

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) F907
Not that much has changed here, except for the change to a minigun
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) 0l2e

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) 1pud

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Na5d
As you can see, the platform on the left side that had a desk on it, is now gone.
I cut a doorway out where it was, and put in a swinging metal door.
The door is actually wood with cut-out paper card glued on and painted to replicate the look of sheet metal.
And the heads of the hex bolts you can see are just thin slices off the end of a styrene hexagonal rod, that I glued on the card.
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) S5wx

But my next job will be a repair job when I get another resistor to replace the one that's toasted, so the other ceiling downlight works again.
(I break out my camera, and it decides right then to die just to annoy me.)
Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Vum4

Anyway that's what it looks like now, and if you have any questions? by all means feel free to ask them.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Oh yeah fantastic pics Cerburus!  cheers 

PostSubject: Re: Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)   Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bunker Diorama - The start of a monster (originally posted by cerberus)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next