ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures

Go down 
+15
TALLY HO
clivvers
the_pauley
Danthecoat
Sparklebudgie
Joe90
Beatlefan
ak615
ghost recon
BAMComix
Sparkys6887
Ddaydawson
inntruderr61
Bond007ca
Rossini
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Empty
PostSubject: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:41 pm

Custom Falklands War SAS Trooper

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC01039_zps4535e5b0

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC01040_zpsa2b47139
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Custom SAS Dress Uniform

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC01051_zpscb83ab95

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC01054_zps182ae447
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:46 pm

More of my customs

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC00937_zps5f8907f9

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC00931_zps7ee533ab

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC00925_zps59114f87

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC00889_zps7b876a60

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC00884_zps8eed61ba

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC00872_zps92ee6311
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:49 pm

And a few more

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC01012_zpsf4056a4a

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC01027_zps51738e09

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC01028_zpsddbdd3e2

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:50 pm

SAS SILENT ATTACK

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC008902_zps0f9fc5ca
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:16 am

They are some great looking customs my friend!! Love the use of the polar explorer boot tops in your UN guy! Also really like your Falklands sas custom! My uncle Nick is a falkland islander and still has the droopy tache that seems to befit all the best falkland conflict era Vam customs I've seen. Great stuff.

Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:18 am

Amazing Sets....

Thank you for the posting mate!!

Great Work
Len

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Bond0010
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:05 am

Great looking custom sets! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:49 am

Damn nice stuff!

Rick
Back to top Go down
Ddaydawson
Painted Head
Ddaydawson

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:30 am

Fantastic set of customs, awesome. That is one serious kayak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:37 am

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC01023_zps6c4e281c

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC01018_zpsc6e4dcaf

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC01015_zps819ecb7f

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC01010_zpsfb8b1810

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC00887_zps49c16864

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC00880_zps72cdb662
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:36 am

Wow. Amazing. Jaw droppingly great figures. Impossible to name favourites but I do love the Aussies and the Brit infantry with the Lewis Gun. I'm also partial to German mountain troops, see I said I couldn't choose a favourite. Great upload. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:53 am

Fantastic stuff, truly inspirational bashes !! looking forward to seeing more ! cheers
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:39 am

Fantastic customs mate , so great to view these.

Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:54 pm

Lovely stuff more please,great stable belt on the SAS fella.

Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Some very nice bashes there, the Germans look superb.

Actually they all look superb, great pics mate.
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:27 pm

thestoryofactionman wrote:
The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures DSC01018_zpsc6e4dcaf

This one is unbe--friggin'--lievably Cool!

Too bad Palitoy never made an Enfield No1 Mk III.
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:46 pm

Some fantastic looking figures here cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:46 pm

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures LewisGunner_zps27469bae

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures METPolice_zpsc0dd18ab

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures MedicHelicopter_zpsc30a71ca
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:41 am

Wow Truly amazing bashes cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:34 am

Fantastic bashes ! I really like the modern police man, great use of other vam stuff. Thatts not to say that I do not like the others they are all awesome !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Wow, fantastic. Blown me away Tony. I can say with hand on heart I've created a monster. Just what I'd set out to achieve. Thanks for taking up the mantle. Please can I just explain to the few on here who may not already know, how this came about and apologies to those who already know. Tony was persuaded by Bob Brechin to visit and interview me for his film, as Bob told Tony that "this guy had carried the Action Man theme where he and Palitoy had left off". So out of obligation to Bob, Tony paid me a visit. As I opened the door to this guy, his first words were "Look mate, I'm not in to customs, I'm a purist collector. I'm only here cos Bob asked me to take a look". After 5 minutes, Tony had changed his mind and just look at him now!! There's some there I'd be really proud of mate. I get a real buzz from seeing your stuff and it's a real pleasure to have you on here Tony. Thanks for coming over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Here you go Vaughan, this is copied from my response to my welcome to the forum;

"Up until recently I was considered an Action Man "Purist", only collecting Palitoy outfits and displaying them exactly as they had been released back in the day. I wasn't against Action Man customs, they just weren't for me...

... Well that all changed two years ago when I first met Vaughan. I completely understood and appreciated his perspective on customising; using only original Palitoy accessories and a little imagination his customs stood out from the crowd. I think the key reason they appealed to me so much was because they still looked like toys and NOT models. Again, I'm not against the customisers who utilise Dragon Model accessories but for me the hobby had always been about a nostalgic love of toys. I didn't have models as a kid and my Action Man's rifle never had so much detail that it could be stripped for cleaning, so sticking to Vaughan's Guidelines I started customising Action Man figures about 18 months ago and I've never looked back."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 4:56 pm

It's interesting how attitudes change over the years, when I was first making customised figures similar to this as much as 20 years ago I was often treated with anything from mild amusement to outright disdain as a heretic by many of the "serious Action Man Collectors". lol! That being said most of those Collectors are no longer collecting so I'm not sure what that says about them or me? scratch
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Winch wrote:
It's interesting how attitudes change over the years, when I was first making customised figures similar to this as much as 20 years ago I was often treated with anything from mild amusement to outright disdain as a heretic by many of the "serious Action Man Collectors". lol! That being said most of those Collectors are no longer collecting so I'm not sure what that says about them or me? scratch

And thankfully they all stuck to one site before they stopped collecting lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next