ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

French Resistance SOTW

Go down 
+4
Ddaydawson
Professor Gangrene Fan
AManfromcoalville
actionmancollector
8 posters
AuthorMessage
actionmancollector
New Recruit
actionmancollector

French Resistance SOTW Empty
PostSubject: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:36 pm

French Resistance SOTW 308087EF-F2D5-46D4-AFE5-3C6371AE77A0-1140-000000BF53FF680A_zpsbdc17cae
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Magnifique!  Do you know roughly what year this beauty was? 

One of my favourite sets, and I'm not sure why - it's certainly not a flash harry set, and he's not as 'fully loaded' as the Aussie Jungle fighter, but I love it!

French Resistance SOTW 15
Back to top Go down
actionmancollector
New Recruit
actionmancollector

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:58 pm

I'd hazard a guess at 72-74/75 ish? - it was also released in very limited quantitites on the locker box packaging although with some equipment variations
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:03 pm

It may not be a  flash harry set or as 'fully loaded' as the Aussie Jungle fighter but the two most important things are it's one of your favorites and two you love it Very Happy  

Painted Head
Ddaydawson

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 11:06 pm

Superb set. That too is one of my favourite of favourite sets. Boy to have a cared one of those.
Great stuff Heith.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 11:12 pm

A cool guy for sure Jim! Very Happy 
Gi joe French Resistance SOTW was 1966
Not sure about Action Man year?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 12:07 am

I'm with the man from Coalville, excellent, one of my favs for sure,  must be the black, Spy Island is also on my list.  I have about 10 guys in one FR set up or another, including Mlle Marie. Ooh la la!  Cette fille est tres jolie avec tout materiel.

Rick
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:34 am

great set Jim !! cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:56 pm

One of my favorites too. The UAMHQ period chart shows the French Resistance Fighter VAM sets were produced from 1968 to about 1977, but when did they switch from "World" to "Century" on the packaging?

How about some GI Joe "prototypes" -- not sure how accurate this is....

French Resistance SOTW Prototype_French_Resistance_Fighter_SOTW_2
Prototype Soldiers Of The World French Resistance Fighter.

French Resistance SOTW Prototype_French_Resistance_Fighter_SOTW_3
Prototype Soldiers Of The World French Resistance Fighter, Protoype sweater on the left. After market repro sweater & tuque on the right.

French Resistance SOTW Prototype_French_Resistance_Fighter_SOTW_4
Prototype Soldiers Of The World French Resistance Fighter

French Resistance SOTW Prototype_French_Resistance_Fighter_SOTW_5
Prototype Soldiers Of The World French Resistance Fighter
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Joe90 wrote:
the French Resistance Fighter VAM sets were produced from 1968 to about 1977, but when did they switch from "World" to "Century" on the packaging?
Funny you should ask Doug. I wondered the same thing a few months ago...

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t2544-when-did-am-s-sotc-become-sotw#31004

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:31 pm

i checked over at the UAMHQ UNIFORM PERIOD CHART (click on it to link there) And discovered the name change first appeared in the 1973 catalog.

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Thats just what I worked out!

somekindajoe wrote:
A rummage through the equipment manuals and I think I've sussed it. It's still Soldiers of the Century in the '72 catalogue but becomes Soldiers of the World in the 'Now with gripping hands' '73 catalogue.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Lol!

I guess I should read the links!Razz

Anyway, take a look at the gray prototype FR sweater and then this....

French Resistance SOTW IMG_2569

French Resistance SOTW IMG_2567

I got this sweater in a large lot of vintage GI Joe and quality knock-off pieces. I'm going to thread a thin piece of elastic cord (the kind you see used for clothing price tags) to get the turtle neck to fit a little snugger around the GI Joe's neck.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:41 am

Cool gray sweater Doug... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance SOTW   French Resistance SOTW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

French Resistance SOTW
Page 1 of 1