ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kitbash: Police Officers

Go down 
+6
somekindajoe
Rossini
SJ7
Ddaydawson
BAMComix
the_pauley
10 posters
AuthorMessage
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

Kitbash: Police Officers Empty
PostSubject: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Been planning a couple of Metropolitan Police kitbashes for a while.  The only thing that delayed them was picking up some reasonably priced BRMP hats in good condition.  Anyway, here are the results...

First is this Motorway Patrol Officer...

Kitbash: Police Officers IMG_0099_zps37d4827f

The jacket is from the Action Man Fireman set, the armband is a custom printed on sticky backed printer paper...

Kitbash: Police Officers IMG_0100_zps27ed33f7

The trousers are from the Action Man Police Motorcyclist set. Shoes are from the Action Man Royal Hussar set and the socks are late '90s/ early '00s GI Joe pieces. On reflection those pants, that are designed to tuck into boots, are a bit narrow at the bottom and will need to be replaced...

Kitbash: Police Officers IMG_0101_zps11084bd7

The day-glo belt is from the AM Police Motorcyclist, the police insignia is a custom print out, the shirt is from a '90s GI Joe Shore Patrol set and the tie is a piece of unknown origin that I got in a "grab bag" of bits and pieces... 

Kitbash: Police Officers IMG_0102_zpsd46cd494

The hat is an Action Man British Royal Military Police hat with the top painted white.  The band on the hat again is a custom printed out on sticky backed paper...

Kitbash: Police Officers IMG_0103_zps4b957971

This next guy, an Armed Response Officer, was a last minute revision.  Originally I planned to fit him out with the standard Met black jacket and tie, but I was inspired by thestoryofactionman's custom police guy and the genius idea to use the SAS flak jacket and Heckler, so decided to go with that look instead...

Kitbash: Police Officers IMG_0104_zps498b8c6b

The jacket as already stated is from the Action Man SAS basic figure and the pistol, holster, belt and ammo pouch combination is from the Action Man SAS Commando set...  

Kitbash: Police Officers IMG_0105_zps0bcd1b2a

The Heckler SMG and boots are also from the AM SAS basic figure and the pants are form the original GI Joe/AM Action Soldier basic figure that I dyed black... 

Kitbash: Police Officers IMG_0106_zpsdb30bc2c

The shirt is again a "grab bag" piece of unknown origin and the police insignia is a custom print out... 

Kitbash: Police Officers IMG_0107_zpsfb7b9ce5

Once again the hat is an Action Man BRMP redcap that I painted black on top and the hat band is a custom print out... 

Kitbash: Police Officers IMG_0108_zpsd4e3b92a

All modelled on a pair of 40th fuzzheads...

Kitbash: Police Officers IMG_0098_zps747fa8b8

I'm now on the hunt for another BRMP cap for one more Met Police 'bash.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:06 pm

very nice mate
Back to top Go down
Ddaydawson
Painted Head
Ddaydawson

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:26 pm

They are awesome TP, vice nice work.
Back to top Go down
SJ7
Painted Head
SJ7

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:36 pm

Well done bashes,Pauley.

Kitbash: Police Officers Frogman_avatar_1_zps527334a6
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:48 am

Top notch mate! Look like they could've been bought like that!!

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:39 am

'What seems to be the officer problem? Hic'

Fantastic bashes. The SAS flak jacket works really well and how versatile are those MP hats? Top work!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:04 am

Pauley they  are great mate well done ......................But the Met Police hat band is black and white not blue. The blue band looks very much like an Essex police officer.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:24 am

Nice bashes Pauley Smile

Better than them awful helmets ive seen on some peoples bashes Sad

Have you seen them awful cherilea helmets that were going round a while ago ?? The person who made them was either joking or needed shooting Embarassed

I mean if your going to do a bash then at least do it properly Smile

Well done Pauley
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:27 am

Just a thought Pauley do you use the same few figures to dress your kitbashes in or do you keep them all dressed and dont touch them after you have finished ????

i know Vaughan keeps all his figures as they are when finished and dosnt touch them or reuse any bits which is why his living room is like the Palitoy plant at coalville Very Happy

Sorry do i need permission to put that image into anyones head ???

Just incase someone thinks they posted it 1st Razz
Back to top Go down
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:50 am

If only it were that inexpensive Dan! Smile

Nope - they stay dressed once they are done.  Up to over 200 of the little fellas now!  Spare bedroom is like a storage facility of boxed figures and cards.  Will eventually (Ha!  Eventually! Embarassed) convert a downstairs room into a Joe room to display them.  

This summer!  This summer!  This summer!
Back to top Go down
action bob
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
action bob

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:02 am

Awesome looking figures there matey, I never thought of using those military hats for any thing other than the MP's mmm! given me some great ideas now!!

May pick your brains on paint type though!

Great display
Back to top Go down
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:47 am

I use Tamiya Colour Acrylic paints.
Back to top Go down
action bob
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
action bob

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Hey thanks for the paint info TP much appreciated

PJ
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Great work there, fantastic bashes!!!!
Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Very Clever use of the SAS vest.

Very much like both these officers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kitbash: Police Officers   Kitbash: Police Officers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kitbash: Police Officers
Page 1 of 1