ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
BrandontheFigureFreak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! Empty
PostSubject: Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!   Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Well, I finally, after all these years got the Sideshow Art S. Buck figures, the Grey Male & Female versions! They were created for modeling, sketching, painting and what-have-you purposes and consisted of the Grey Models, Caucasian Models, and African-American Models, the Grey ones were to my liking. For those of you who knows Sideshow, I'm sure you know exactly what they are. For those who don't, they are excellent quality and greatly sculpted. These figures originally came out in 2005 - 2006 which were some dandy years for Sideshow, I personally loved 2005. I love Sideshow and in fact they were My first "true" 1:6 figures and is really the reason why I am a 1:6 collector today, I started with them in 2001 with their classic Universal Monsters series which I loved how they were and just digged the articulation on the bodies back then especially in the wrists and miss it a lot these days. Well, getting these ASBs was like a flashback to those days which was a  treat to behold. However, this is not the reason why I got them, I got them because of which it appears to Me now (I hope) that I can finally do My new action story that I have been wanting to do for quite a while is indeed in the very beginning stages of Me creating it as it will be many, many months before it is all said and done and I felt that these two guys were perfect for a large part of it. If you are interested in buying them, Sideshow still has them for sale! Please take the time and look at the pics and read My little commentary. I hope you guys like them, comments please and if you got any questions, ask away Very Happy 

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Boxes & Thank You: Sideshow always has great 5th panel/window boxes, I thought it was nice of them to give Me a little Thank You card.

Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090232
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P10902888

Together with their Stands: One thing about Sideshow, you always got great stands with their figures. Obviously they are the waist clip kind but their very acceptable indeed.

Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090233
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090235
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090236
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090234

Their Stand: Both stands are identical. Another thing I have always loved about Sideshow's stands is the logos and wording that is painted on them!

Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090237

The Male: Look at all of his articulation and the way it is, see why I miss these classic Sideshow bodies and old school figures in general? I have always loved the Sideshow's wrist & ankle articulation, still pretty rad if you ask Me Smile His body is large and the sculpting is great, even by today's standards IMO! Since he is by Sideshow, he reminds Me A LOT of Sideshow's first 1/6 Frankenstein Cool 

Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090238
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090239
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090240
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090240-Copy
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090240-Copy

The Female: Like her male counterpart, she has a great amount of articulation and I feel she has a nice cute body. Its small, short and just really good looking. If you know Sideshow then you'll know the female body is relatively newer than the male body by several years! Her face is really good but gosh it strongly resembles Sideshow's 1/6 Star Wars' Aasajj Ventress Shocked 

Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090242
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090243
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090244
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090245
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090246
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090247
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090248
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090270
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090272
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090271
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090268

Exclamation FUN STUFF Exclamation

True Love!

Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090267
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090249
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090250
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090251
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090254
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090253
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090256
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090251

A Little Play Time

Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090257Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090258
Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090259Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090260

Show Over!

Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! P1090266

----->IMPORTANT NOTE<----- I really do not want to give away My story. I can tell you when these guys are bashed they will be different characters than what you see above and 1 of the other characters will be none other than Vilhem von Stromstein! Maybe he can give you a hint as to what My huge upcoming story will be Question  When it is all said and done in will be in a total different topic. Any guesses?

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!   Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 3:01 pm

very cool figures Brandon, they look amazing
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!   Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Thanks so much Dal!

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!   Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Cool looking figures Brandon cheers

I look forward to seeing one of your comic strip/stories using figures from your excellent collection Very Happy 

These type of figures above can be digitally scanned and used for character animation for computer games and films, they can also be a helpful tool for comic book illustrators Wink 
Are these figures very expensive to buy?

BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!   Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:55 pm

clivvers wrote:
Cool looking figures Brandon cheers

I look forward to seeing one of your comic strip/stories using figures from your excellent collection Very Happy 

These type of figures above can be digitally scanned and used for character animation for computer games and films, they can also be a helpful tool for comic book illustrators Wink 
Are these figures very expensive to buy?

Thanks Clivvers! Your right but I do not plan to use them for any kind of media in the future.

You can but them both for $29.99 each @ Sideshow Toys NOW!

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!   Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Cool! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!   Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Cool figures.

whenever I see these figures I think about how a wooden artist's mannequin played a part in the development of G.I. Joe.
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!   Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Wow! Those look really cool. If those figures were any more articulated they could work for Eddie Stobart! (I wonder how many people will get that joke! Smile ). They look a bit like the 12 inch power team elite figures but with several more joints thrown in.

They look good as a pair. for a second I thought they were doing a few positions from a well known Indian book for adults...!

Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!   Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 3:12 am

peterodgers wrote:
Wow!  Those look really cool.  If those figures were any more articulated they could work for Eddie Stobart! (I wonder how many people will get that joke! Smile ).  They look a bit like the 12 inch power team elite figures but with several more joints thrown in.

They look good as a pair.  for a second I thought they were doing a few positions from a well known Indian book for adults...!

Thanks PeterRogers, they, are very cool Very Happy  Eddie Stobart......nice Razz Believe Me Me their different than PTE. And NO, they are NOT doing that stuff from an "that" Indian book nor did I intend that, geesh Peter, shame on you Laughing  

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!   Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 3:15 am

Joe90 wrote:
Cool figures.

whenever I see these figures I think about how a wooden artist's mannequin played a part in the development of G.I. Joe.

Yeah, you have the right idea Joe90, things like that is what these figures are intended for. However, I am using them for different purposes Smile 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!   Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sideshow Art S. Buck Figures! TONS of Pics!
Page 1 of 1