ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last weekend in the caravan.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

Last weekend in the caravan. Empty
PostSubject: Last weekend in the caravan.   Last weekend in the caravan. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:28 pm

This was our last weekend in our caravan before we had to tow it home my bald MAM (now properly protected from the sun in shades and a sun hat) had one last glimpse at the sea before hitting the car boot sale up the coast for the last time.

Last weekend in the caravan. Lastsea_zps1a05f09f

Quite a few moulded clothes MAM figures which I passed up.  Here's what I picked up :

Last weekend in the caravan. Haul1_zpse3bb2069

Footlocker box, £2.50 (Matthew laughed at me 'cos his box has the inner tray and all the stickers but mine doesn't).
Pistol, 25p.  I liked the look of it and it reminds me of Han Solo's gun.  The couple stared at me oddly because I rummaged through their box of moulded clothes MAM and chose just a gun!
Strike Force figure, £1.00.  I've seen them on another thread on the forum and liked the look of them.  They had two and I chose the nicest head as the other one looked a bit squashed.
Indiana Jones, 50p!  His face has a split in it roughly in the same place as AM's scar and I didn't think he had his hat or whip but the woman said not to forget them as they were in the bottom of the box of cars he was sat in.  Bonus!

I also saw a MAM era kite, which I've not seen before, a couple of Cyber man (been after one for a while but £12 for a boxed one or a couple of quid for one with a broken leg sort of put me off).
One thing I nearly bought was what looked like a red Ferrari for only £3.00 but my wife would have killed me!  Not seen one like that before - it even had opening doors!

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Last weekend in the caravan.   Last weekend in the caravan. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:13 pm

You've finally picked up a Strike Force action figure, good catch, and a bargain too!!!. I've never seen that type of hair style before on a SF figure, Nice photos too Very Happy 
If I see these type of figures I will buy them, especially if they come with a length of rope for climbing adventures Very Happy
Don't forget you can use a hair dryer and cold water to reshape squashed heads in the future. The 'Indiana Jones' figure is an official Hasbro product, £0.50p is a real bargain even for just his outfit, well done.  

The foot locker boxes are great for storing your figures or lunch in lol!  they normally sell for £1-£4. Last year I saw a woman boot sale seller using one to store her lunch in it, When I picked it up and opened it, it had sandwiches and a boiled egg inside, I tried to offer her £4 for it but she just wouldn't budge, I jokingly offered her £5 for the box and her lunch lol!  her sandwiches/lunch that day were worth more than a measly £5 lol! . I can manage to squeeze 4 vam figures into each 'locker box' without the tray . I'm always on the lookout for MAM storage boxes at booty's, I need as many as I can get, I'm finding they're getting harder to find at booty's now, I've only found 1 in the past year.

Don't forget to go to as many boot sales as you can, it makes the chances of finding vam/MAM more higher Wink

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Last weekend in the caravan.   Last weekend in the caravan. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:30 pm

wow Pete what a great score ! the Indy figure alone fetch more than you paid for all your stuff, so you did very well indeed reddragon will be very envious indeed, he has been after Indy's whip for sometime ! lol! It is a pity you passed up on the car mate, they are always great to customize, personally I am after a Sindy mini (car) to bash, no luck yet tho, but I will get one !
thanks for sharing !!

cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Last weekend in the caravan.   Last weekend in the caravan. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:31 pm

I've not seen any VAM at car boots for ages, and the one we went to was quite a big one too.

I am pleased with Indiana, even with his split face.  As you say, even the outfit is a bargain at 50p!  He still talks and moves his mouth though, and reminds me of the talking MAM we have in the loft.  I'll have to compare them to see if Hasbro cut any corners and used the same parts for both figures!

We should be selling at a car boot soon as we've got loads of camping stuff in the loft, plus a few other bits and pieces (got about 700 comics but I don't think I'll be taking those!) so I should be able to have a sneaky look around to see if I can find anything for myself!  Wink

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Last weekend in the caravan.   Last weekend in the caravan. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:22 pm

I didn't know there were talking MAM's available? Shocked I've only seen the Kung fu, teeth gritting MAM's with the leg kicking function, I've only got two of these so far.

You might have to plan a cunning diversion at the boot sale, so your wife don't know about your sneaky peek around for MAM/vam lol!

DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: Last weekend in the caravan.   Last weekend in the caravan. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Nice photos glad to hear your bald MAM is adequately protected from the sun, good buys I like the look of the Inidana Jones figure and the footlockers are always good for storing things Surprised 
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Last weekend in the caravan.   Last weekend in the caravan. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:47 am

I agree - the footlockers are great for storage but I've filled mine already! I'll have to look out for more of them now!

PostSubject: Re: Last weekend in the caravan.   Last weekend in the caravan. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last weekend in the caravan.
Page 1 of 1