ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'

Go down 
+25
inconceivable
Rogue-Trooper
blueboxier
Tof
inntruderr61
Wolf_Soldier64
Sparklebudgie
Professor Gangrene Fan
clivvers
REDDOG1
Captian action
actionmancollector
lumarshall
Ddaydawson
gibri
Danthecoat
Jet-
Beatlefan
Reddragon
somekindajoe
TALLY HO
AManfromcoalville
Sparkys6887
BAMComix
SlackElastic
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Empty
PostSubject: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 7:33 pm

OK, .. Dal has asked me to resurrect the 'TKQ5' thread... which goes something like this...

The house is burning down affraid  and only 5 figures out of your collection can jump into the Land Rover and get out alive.... the rest are going to melt.. sorry but it's not a thread for puppy-cuddlers Evil or Very Mad 

'So The Killer Question 5'

which 5 is it going to be...???

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' 9428325463_62983ff8ba_b
TKQ5 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

previously we had these efforts...

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' 9428325653_58507a935b_b
DomTKQ5FnFColour by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' 9431094226_47b69d4938_b
DalTKQ5 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' 8393662383_ef696254b2_b
SlackademyTKQ5 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' 8394747140_4e3cec0363_b
IMG_1931 by El_SlackElastico, on Flickr

Now as time has passed and collections have changed figures have come and gone...  (well just come, not many seem to go!!! affraid )  we will have a 'TKQ5' reset so we can update the selection...

It would be cool if people set their TKQ5s up as a little group for the photo but it's not essential..
BUT.. once you've declared.. there is no going back into the burning building to change your mind!! Evil or Very Mad 

So... I put it to you....

What's your TKQ5?... and it's getting hot in here!!!

note: you will leave yourself open to insults if you use any of the following phrases..
1. 'ooh that's a tough one..?' (no sheet Sherlock!!) elephant 
2. 'I've got 4 but I just can't decide the 5th'.. (really!?... man up!!) Suspect 
3. 'Have they got to be VAM or can I use MAM?' (let's not get into that AGAIN.. just pick 5 will you!!!) Rolling Eyes 
4. 'but I haven't got a Land Rover' (listen..the house is burning down.. don't get stuck on details!! affraid )
5. 'er, Admin...I slept on it after I posted can I change my mind?' ( no you can't use a big spoon yet.. you'll hurt yourself!! Sleep )

ok... so now I've ramped up the pressure good and proper... gentlemons I ask you...

When the heat is on.....What is your TKQ5?
What a Face 

Slack

please remind yourself of points 1-5 above!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Fantastic to see this question again slack, I have made this a sticky so hopefully it will not get lost into the realm of threads! I will be sorting my new five out tomorrow mate, and I hope as many members get stuck into this killer question !! cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:19 pm

PMSL @ Slack. Whilst the premise of the question is a good one. I can already feel my blood pressure and anxiety rising and I have only chosen one figure (my childhood Tom Stone) on this basis, unless admin or your kind self are will to pay for my prescriptions and a year of therapy I refuse to play this sick, tortuous, aganising, anxiety provoking game. Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:38 pm

lol! lol! lol!  That was hilarious, Slackwit - I can feel all around me getting themselves pumped and ready to VAM/MAM Up!

Perphew! 'Tis getting hot in here, so it is!!!
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:47 pm

Sparkys6887 wrote:
....unless admin or your kind self are will to pay for my prescriptions and a year of therapy I refuse to play this sick, tortuous, aganising, anxiety provoking game. Lol

do not concern yourself with conscious thoughts...Shocked . the TKQ5 has entered deep into your subconscious...Sleep 

In your dreams the names of this quest's handful shall manifest best whilst you sleep.... there is no avoiding the question...

It is The affraid KILLER affraid question!!!
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:49 pm

AManfromcoalville wrote:

lol! lol! lol!  That was hilarious, Slackwit - I can feel all around me getting themselves pumped and ready to VAM/MAM Up!

Perphew!  'Tis getting hot in here, so it is!!!

your Machiavelli delayi willi noti helpi Coalvilli.... choose, choose.. thrice, choose, choose again and then choose.... there is a Landy Handy and the house is burning.. and only five shall survive!!!

Suspect Twisted Evil bounce Sleep Shocked 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:47 am

Not something I ever want to deal with but....
It would have to be my four 'originals' that I had from childhood without a doubt. I even have them on a separate shelf to the rest of the collection. They are sitting on a Jeep and ready to rock if the worst happens. That leaves me with the rather difficult task of choosing a fifth! I'd say it would have to be Tom Stone as, well....he's Tom Stone!
TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' DSCF0007_zpse819321e

The lucky fifth man....
TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' IMG_0273
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:50 am

Shellshocked wrote:
It would have to be my four 'originals' that I had from childhood without a doubt. I even have them on a separate shelf to the rest of the collection. They are sitting on a Jeep and ready to rock if the worst happens. That leaves me with the rather difficult task of choosing a fifth! I'd say it would have to be Tom Stone as, well....he's Tom Stone!

Good job Shellshocked... this is exactly what is required.. straightforward commitment, details... justification and no phaffarsin' or whillyticklin' about.. and complete with photos and a jeep with battle patina yeh!... Your TKQ5 crew are out of the burning house...safe and rollin' on... although Tom has a rather puzzled expression about why he wasn't in the Jeep...I expect he was already out of the house chattin' to the ladies but I guess now he gets to drive right?

ok, Shellshocked has declared!!!! Twisted Evil 

nice work fella, out of the flames into the fame!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:02 am

The fire rages and my TKQ5 make a break for it !! suited, booted and fully loaded. From Left to right, my first G.I.Joe, Major Mike Power (always handy with his atomic powers, especially if you cant find a jack for the Jeep !), Jenna, my first modern 1/6 female figure, Jake (C'mon guys, you all know who he is), My childhood Tom Stone and Sgt Rock (loved the comics as a kid !!). Do not have a Land rover so they all made their escape in the AT G.I.Joe jeep !

They all have their own unique abilities and are equipped for any job or mission !. So without further ado, I give you Jake's Team

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' 9a7bc660-a890-4d00-a6e4-9b2c0d93c9f3_zps35fe29e1

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' 56009ce3-19a1-4e2b-984b-f3ee9a5a9527_zpsf4757e71

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' F527669c-bcb0-495d-a6c2-429b26fd03b4_zps4e2a06f9

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Fc9b58f5-5ae0-466b-9692-41b5027be275_zps5f03672c

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' JakesTeam5_zpsc1b606dd

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' JakesTeam6_zpsbe7e9133

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' JakesTeam7_zpse9b3aecb

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' JakesTeam8_zpsb85160d7

Thanks for looking !

(last seen heading for Portsmouth !!)
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:17 am

actionman2272 wrote:
The fire rages and my TKQ5 make a break for it !! suited, booted and fully loaded. From Left to right, my first G.I.Joe, Major Mike Power (always handy with his atomic powers, especially if you cant find a jack for the Jeep !), Jenna, my first modern 1/6 female figure, Jake (C'mon guys, you all know who he is), My childhood Tom Stone and Sgt Rock (loved the comics as a kid !!). Do not have a Land rover so they all made their escape in the AT G.I.Joe jeep !

They all have their own unique abilities and are equipped for any job or mission !. So without further ado, I give you Jake's Team

Thanks for looking !

(last seen heading for Portsmouth !!)

Holy moly Dal.. great team and photos... love Mike checking out Jenna's talents.. that's hilarious..

Did you do a photography course?.. great shots.. very impressed... I'm about to get my boys out the flames in a minute... now you've given the photos the Usain Bolt.. I'd better get tuned in! Great job, great team.. and a great pair of Heckler and Kochers!!

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:25 am

lol! lol! lol! , thanks slack Very Happy . No mate no photography course Embarassed , just a new camera and the photo editing option on photobucket.

I am really pleased you like the team, and the humour I popped in too cheers

I look forward to your photo's mate !

Last edited by actionman2272 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:29 am

Shellshocked wrote:
TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' DSCF0007_zpse819321e

The lucky fifth man....
TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' IMG_0273

Awesome team shellshocked !! I can totally see the appeal of saving your childhood favourites my friend cheers 
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:15 pm

great thread , i must now assemble a team .......
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Great thread. I'll have to check my guys and see who makes the cut.

Best pic so far...

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Fc9b58f5-5ae0-466b-9692-41b5027be275_zps5f03672c

I've always thought Mike's silly gimmicky eye was a waste of time but I now see it has it's uses! lol! 

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:10 pm

Superb pics so far - terrific thread and all the better for not reducing it to....'There can be only one!!!!' lol! 

'....The house is burning down afraid  and only 5 figures out of your collection can jump into the Land Rover and get out alive.... the rest are going to melt.. sorry but it's not a thread for puppy-cuddlers Evil or Very Mad '

Well I'm not interested in puppys, but my hands are trembling as I frantically rummage around the house for figures like an addict desperate to liberate that final 1/4 ounce that's been stashed for emergencies!!!

*****!!!!  ****** !!!! I     don't    have   a    landrover!!!  OH, MY....

WAIT!  KEEP CALM and pray to the great God Hasbro that that is the sound of a GI Joe Adventure Team Pursuit craft I can hear in the distance - DEEP BREATH!

Survivor one - is the closest thing I have to my childhood Action Man.  A painted head Action Sailor (and he can come wrapped in that equipment manual!!!  Hold the vinegar, thank you!

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' BandWJoe

Survivor two - My Fuzzheadquarters (FHQ) figure.  Was introduced to this US GI Joe forum late 2007/08 by Andy.  At the time it was thriving with a small group of terrific Joeheads who were so creative, so imaginative.  I'd never seen grey flock before, and some of their ideas were so inspiring.  The figure adopted by the site was a silver fox Eagle eye with the blue jumpsuit.  He even had his own FHQ ID tag!  The fact that they sent me that custom box after I'd settled in tells you everything about those guys.
Most of them have moved on now and the site isn't what it was, but I have great memories and the spirit that they had is what I measure every other site against.

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' FHQFigue_zps1abfb6d6

Survivor three - Another custom.  My wife got the figure and outfit from an e-bay auction by Men's Health magazine with the proceeds going to 'Help for Heroes.'  I changed the head for a Flocktastic belter!  He wasn't cheap so he's coming lol! lol! lol!

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' AgedGypsy

OMG!!!  I CAN SMELL PLASTIC!!!  THE SOUND OF THE ENGINE IS GETTING NEARER!!!!

Survivor four - the closest thing I have to a GI Joe relic!  An original (one previous owner!) 1965 Deep Sea Diver!  This was my holy grail.  My favourite outfit as a nipper, and when I found out that the original was marked JAPAN and came with a metal red valve, and the original diver's buoy colours (that signified 'Diver in distress' which is why they changed it to the red with white stripe - 'Diver down below!') then I had to have it!

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' OriginalJoeDSD_zps86c17763

So as I gaze around me with regret for those I can't take with me, I see more melt marks than Ken has AMan knives in his back.

But here in the nick of time is survivor five to the rescue, just as it should be.  Fuzzeous Fogg.  My custom travelling AMan.  He's been all around the UK.  He's been on the subway in New York and to the Space Needle in Seattle.  

But here he is in Blackpool pulling off a last minute thrills and spills escape from a melting warehouse!  

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Foggflight1blur

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Foggflight2

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' FF4

And the cunning old fox has saved the Pursuit Craft to boot!!!! lol! lol! lol! 

Shame it's box is going up in flames tho'!!

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' PS2

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:54 pm

Wow Jim, what a super 5, and what a 5 !! even saved by the heroic fuzzeous Fogg (What a Guy !!) I really enjoyed your explanations as to why and who made the cut Very Happy , excellent stuff Jim afro 
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:55 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Great thread. I'll have to check my guys and see who makes the cut.

Best pic so far...

I've always thought Mike's silly gimmicky eye was a waste of time but I now see it has it's uses! lol! 

lol! lol! lol!  Cheers Steve cheers 
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Very difficult choice, tears are in my eyes as I leave my dak's , grunts and scramble pilot to melt Crying or Very sad  . But this is my choice , all five chaps are very special to me for various reasons and I would miss these big time. The racing had to be in , cant let that windscreen melt lol! 

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' IMG_8210

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:26 pm

superb choice's taff, you lads certainly will be able to make a speedy exit in the racing car !! I see Henry made the driving seat, and he has taken his body gaurd with him cheers 

Awesome choices Taff Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Fantastic thread.........and some great choices so far!!!

No Intruders made the final five so far though?????

I know mine, will be taking my pics tomorrow!!

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Volgan10
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:33 pm

Great pic Taffy!

Beatlefan wrote:

No Intruders made the final five so far though?????

You sound surprised??

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:35 pm

lol! lol! lol! 

Lets see what happens tomorrow Steve!!!

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Jet-
Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:51 pm

these are my five, my childhood figures in nan's knitwear.  As I could only choose 5, they had to say goodbye to their buddies.

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' IMG_0606

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' IMG_0605

the gang consists of my very first figure a fuzzhead hard hand in FFL, my two beardies, my very first eagle eyes and my very last purchased childhood action man figure captain Zargon (brought for me by my nan).  Sentimental i know, but these are the ones i would save.  I would have liked to have saved Tom Stone but he has fallen to bits and has bits missing!!

Last edited by Jet- on Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Great choices Jet.and I'm sure AManfromCoalville will whole heartedly agree with me that you made the right decision saving dear old Nan's knitwear!

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:05 pm

superb choice's jet. I see you had the same pondering descion as me, Han Solo or not ?? It is a hard one but your lads look the business mate cheers 

Great Jeep too cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'   TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TKQ5 'The Killer Question 5....'
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next