ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Empty
PostSubject: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Just got back from a few days in our caravan on the Wirral, just south of Liverpool.  Lovely weather, fantastic views and, inspired by Ackie88's pictures, I took one of my MAM for a little adventure.

My intrepid explorer, Eddie Hassenfeld, sets off from base camp early one morning.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W1_zps8edc9f65

He finds a standing stone in a clearing.  Seems to be part of an ancient stone circle,
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W2_zps2db8515d

with a burial mount in it's centre.  the place give him the creeps, so he leaves quickly.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W3_zpsdc06a49f

Finding a small stream, he follows it down to the beach.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W4_zpsaa9ce374

After a bit of beach combing, he finds something useful - an old piece of climbing rope the tide has washed up.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W5_zpsf0147381

Now I'm ready for anything, he thinks.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W6_zps5a6d52e4

Last edited by peterodgers on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Feeling confident, he tries out his bushcraft skills and fashions himself a walking staff.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W7_zps87de1335

Then sets off along the Wirral Way footpath.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W8_zpsc3d0b53b

He tries hunting for rabbits for lunch (but not successfully!)
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W9_zps869e1aed

Good advice for someone who's only 12 inches tall!
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W10_zps2fc4c72c

Eddie waited an hour for a train before he realised the station wasn't used any more!
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W11_zpsb73ea77f

So he set off again along the footpath.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W12_zps6edb0ffc

Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:59 pm

He tried to work out the meaning of a piece of art he found in the park.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W13_zps05ff40c3

No climbing, eh. That's a shame.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W14_zpsbad14bf7

He did eventually find somewhere to do a bit of climbing...
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W15_zpsb15d1cda

...even if it wad just a large rock on the beach that he passed earlier.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W16_zps5c978151

When you get the peak, there's always another mountain to climb.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W17_zpsdf98dfe2

Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:00 pm

He walked on through some thick undergrowth.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W18_zpsab9913f3

And found himself on an unfamiliar open plain.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W19_zps81bd0ed2

He climbed a tree to get his bearings...
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W20_zps32b76912

...found a familiar signpost...
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W21_zpsdf6db928

...and fund his way back onto the footpath.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W22_zps3b33e198

Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:01 pm

Soon he was back onto the road to base camp.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W23_zps3f0da696

He got back just before sundown.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W24_zps9dba5cf1

And hit the sack after his adventure.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W25_zps47baf0f0

All in all, it was a very exciting day.
Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). W26_zps0179a4f5

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:07 pm

fantastic loved it Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:36 pm

So was that the Caravan Site at Thurstaston then as the beach and cliffs look familiar. I grew up on the Wirral and we used to keep a boat on the river at Thurstaston so have played a few games with AM on those cliffs as a kid! Smile
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:09 pm

First off I’m touched that my outdoor pictures have inspired you Peter.  I really hope you and your family and your explorer Eddie Hassenfeld had a fantastic few days in your caravan on the Wirral, just south of Liverpool. I can see that you had  Lovely weather and fantastic views from all the pictures you have taking,  Eddie Hassenfeld  is wearing very sensible walking clothes before  setting off from base camp for a little adventure , you  never can  predicted the weather. What a great find an old piece of climbing rope, you never know when that could be handy for him to use. I’m really really liking the Now I'm ready for anything, he thinks picture you have taking their Peter. It’s nice to see Eddie trying out his bushcraft skills by making himself a walking staff. The  Wirral Way looks a very long footpath for Eddie him being a 12 inches tall LOL. Eddie waited an hour for a train; someone should have told him that the station wasn't used any more before he realised himself LOL. I’m liking the piece of art he found in the park, I’m glad that he eventually found somewhere to do a bit of climbing even though the large rock  he was climbing  he passed earlier on. Your right Peter “When you get the peak, there's always another mountain to climb”, that is some thick undergrowth that Eddie had  walked  through bet he’s glad he  brought his knife along with him. I’m really really liking the an unfamiliar open plain picture you have taking.  Smart thinking of Eddie climbed a tree to get his bearings, very good way if you are lost and if only you can climb trees LOL.  I’m really glad that Eddie fund his way back onto the footpath and back to base camp just before sundown . It looked like Eddie really enjoyed his  little adventure  by the photos you had taking. Bet you had a fun time out and about in Lovely weather taking photos of your explorer Eddie Hassenfeld. Thank you very much for sharing your photos with us Peter.

Keep them outdoor photos coming Wink.

Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:54 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. The whole thing was inspired by Akie88's pictures of Ivan next to the river. I loved those pictures so I thought I'd have a go myself! Most of the pictures were taken while I was walking our dogs and keeping them both out of the way while I stood Eddie in a pose and then tried to take the pictures was not easy!
I sneaked Eddie into the rucksack I take in the caravan so my wife didn't even know I had him there until the second day!

Winch, spot on - it is the caravan site near Thurstaton. We've been there three times now. such a nice area and I took the kids on a bike ride yesterday along the Wirral Way cycle path. Only intended going a little way but they begged to go 'just a little further' and ended up doing a five mile round trip to West Kirby!

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:39 am

Fantastic pics my friend and love what he's wearing.
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Fantastic set of pictures, well done.

Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:11 pm

Smashing set of photos pete! And I love the beard on your guy.. Smile

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Terrific upload !! awesome photos cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).   Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics). Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking the Wirral Way (lots of pics).
Page 1 of 1