ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :) Empty
PostSubject: CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :)   CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:40 am

Spoke to Vaughan last week about what the best glue is for rubber and plastic Smile

He spends £25 on a little tube affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid 

ANYONE KNOW OF ANY GLUE THAT IS SUPER (and not super glue which i find crap) THAT IS AS FANTASTIC AS THE ONE I BOUGHT FROM THE BRENTWOOD TOY FAIR BUT LOST Sad

PLEASE HELP PEEPS................................

THANKS
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :)   CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:42 am

Taffy knows of a good one Dan, he was telling me about it quite recently, but I cannot recall the name ?? Sad 
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :)   CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:48 am

Ill be back but this evening so hopefully i can catch him on chat but if you do see him Dal ask him for me please Smile

Thanks Wink 
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :)   CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:55 am

I will mate, no probs
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :)   CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:26 pm

I often use Araldite epoxy glue if that's any help. It smells a bit but it usually holds strong. I'd be interested to know what the other super-type glue is. I'll have to watch this thread.

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :)   CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:40 pm

The glue I use is only available on the Ideal World shopping channel (see their website). It is called Fixsal and it's £25 for a kit which is glue, remover, glue pen and glass fixing glue. It's often available as a BOGOF. The demonstrations are spectacular. The guy will break a ceramic tile, glue it back together, all in front of you and will guarantee it won't break in the same break he has just glued. Lo and behold, it breaks elsewhere after being glued for seconds. He also glues a coathook to the back of a door and after seconds can lift the door by the hook. This stuff repairs all VAM rubber webbing with fantastic results. It's also built all my tanks and kitbashes. I can't recommend it highly enough. It takes seconds to cure, seconds to fix and is nothing like superglue.
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :)   CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:42 pm

This is the stuff they are raving over on the model soldier forum, I have not tried it myself but they say it glue's the old airfix figures which is a very oily plastic and murder to glue usually, hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Henkel-Ltd-ADH-Sealants-Plastics/dp/B002SPBX9W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376220606&sr=8-1&keywords=loctite+plastics+bonding+system

Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :)   CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:40 am

Thanks for that link Richard. I'm boycotting Amazon but expect its in hardware shops. Sounds good and affordable :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :)   CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CALLING ALL KITBASHERS AND GLUERS :)
Page 1 of 1