ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Irwin Armoured Car

Go down 
+10
BigBear
inntruderr61
Wolf_Soldier64
TALLY HO
AManfromcoalville
Reddragon
action-johnny
Beatlefan
BAMComix
somekindajoe
14 posters
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:16 pm

The latest addition to my motorpool, the Irwin Armoured Car.

Irwin Armoured Car IMG_2255_zpsd24f714d

I wasn't actively looking for one but got it in a job lot recently. I bought the job lot for the Sea Wolf and Training Tower it contained but the Armoured Car was a nice bonus.

Irwin Armoured Car IMG_2257_zpsa6bf0060

It's good to finally get an armoured car as I do have a few childhood 'issues' with it (apologies to anyone I've bored with this before!).

Irwin Armoured Car IMG_2258_zpsa2a315c4

I was promised an armoured car for my 8th birthday. Unfortunately my dad worked in Fleet street on the print and so seemed to be on strike more than he was at work. Strike pay didn't stretch to birthday presents and so no armoured car! Crying or Very sad 

Irwin Armoured Car IMG_2260_zpse5a077fd

I did however get a Mine sweeper/Personnel carrier that christmas so I can't complain. Now forty odd years later I've got the armoured car, so all's well that ends well! Very Happy 

Irwin Armoured Car IMG_2262_zps86ed4694

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:42 pm

well done Steve on a great addition to your motor pool. Are you going to clean up the hub caps ??? lol!  Top job mate, really pleased for you cheers 
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Great pictures Steve!!

A classic vehicle mate, glad you finally got one. Looks perfect with the Armoured Car Commander figure too.

Irwin Armoured Car Volgan10
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 6:40 pm

That outfit looks cool with the camo pants.
I can post some scanned stickers for the vehicle if you need them Steve? Bookworks are doing 15 sheets of glossy A4 sticker paper for £1.99, ideal to print out your own stickers
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:18 pm

Great addition to your collection SKJ, well worth the wait Very Happy

AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:43 pm

cheers cheers cheers  Excellente!!!!! But blimey did it bring back that 'longing' that I had as a kid desperate to own one!
It never happened but I'm chuffed you got yours!
And how good does that Commander look to complete it!bounce bounce bounce 

'Unfortunately my dad worked in Fleet street on the print and so seemed to be on strike more than he was at work'

lol! lol! lol! (I can almost smile about it now!) I think it was a toss-up then between your Dad's lot and mine!

The ould feller was a Docker and their Union, the national Dock Board was particularly proud about boasting how they were stronger than the miners! They were militant and your line resonated with me because I particularly wince when I remember how nasty his arguments could get with Fat uncle Tom (so called to differentiate him from skinny uncle Tom!) a long distance lorry driver who would swear that every time he had a drop at Southampton Docks the ***** were never working.

I look at pics like these and it does make me smile to think what other little memories are attached to them!

French Resistance
somekindajoe

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 8:35 pm

'All out brothers!'lol! 

Jim, that pre-winter of discontent/Thatcher years era we grew up in seems a different world now dosen't it?

My grandfather and all his family were Yorkshire miners and my Nan's family were Welsh miners so to say trade unionism was in my Dad's blood was probably an understatement.
Although I remember when he called time on his career as a shop steward. The union called a strike while he was on holiday in Spain. They phoned him at his hotel and wanted him to come home to deal with it. He really wasn't feeling much solidarity that day I remember! Evil or Very Mad 

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 8:48 pm

great addition......always a favorite
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Awesome Steve superb photos well done,Very Happy 

inntruderr61

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Very nice! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
BigBear
Painted Head
BigBear

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Great pics! I had one of these too and seeing it here brought back so many memories that I've now bought one on ebay! No stickers, of course, but I'm really excited!!! Thanks for bringing it all back to me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.broadbandceilidh.co.uk
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:33 pm

It looks in very nice condition for it's age, nice catch Steve! Very Happy

gibri
Admin
gibri

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Beautiful addition to your motor pool and very nice looking Armoured Car Commander!!!

Interesting story too, hey, I never heard it before, so thanks for telling it again. I'm glad you finally were able to get it!

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BigBear
Painted Head
BigBear

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:19 pm

Woo-hoo! My Irwin arrived today and after a good wash is in really excellent condition. Thanks for posting these pics and getting me off my butt to get one myself!

Is there any chance of a scan of the stickers, please? Did you ever get some for yourself? So many questions!!!

Cheers,

JP
Back to top Go down
http://www.broadbandceilidh.co.uk
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 9:09 am

There you go, you might not need them all. You need to get an A4 sheet of sticker paper, our local BookWorks do them so take a look in there if you have one, otherwise Rymans/Staples etc but they be a bit more expensive.

Irwin Armoured Car AMArmouredCardecals
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 5:12 pm

bigbear wrote:

Is there any chance of a scan of the stickers, please? Did you ever get some for yourself?
Despite AJ showing me that scan months ago (Thanks John) I still haven't actually got around to printing new stickers for my Irwin! Maybe you making some will spur me into action Big bear.

..but Jon, don't forget as discussed in your armoured car post, the pre-headlight version also has this decal..

Irwin Armoured Car Irwin_zps52dcba43

Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:29 am

Yes that's right, I've printed a couple of those off for my two 1960's AC's
Back to top Go down
action bob
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
action bob

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Well cool, been after these stickers for ages cheers guys Very Happy  Very Happy 

PJ
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:08 pm

really like your armoured car SKJ! i would like me one of those bounce 
cheers cheers cheers 

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenIrwin Armoured Car G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Irwin Armoured Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irwin Armoured Car   Irwin Armoured Car Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Irwin Armoured Car
Page 1 of 1