ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New VAM no hands

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

New VAM no hands Empty
PostSubject: New VAM no hands   New VAM no hands Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi everyone

Bought a very nice blonde flocked VAM today, no cracks, no splits, no scuffs, no bald patches, but also no hands, which is little bit of a problem... Razz He's looking just a little pathetic with no hands to hold is gun. I have never owned a 'gripping' hands VAM before; where is the best place to buy some 'new' hands? Anyone have some hints and tips on where to go and how much? Modellers Loft or...? Very Happy 

New VAM no hands Sutton10
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

New VAM no hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VAM no hands   New VAM no hands Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:20 pm

Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

New VAM no hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VAM no hands   New VAM no hands Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:27 pm

...ah! As I guessed Modellers Loft is the place to go...many thanks cheers 

Also, are gripping hands and hard hands interchangeable, or do I need suitable forearms to get hard hands to fit? I was thinking of ordering a set of each.
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

New VAM no hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VAM no hands   New VAM no hands Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:37 pm

ActionMalph wrote:
...ah! As I guessed Modellers Loft is the place to go...many thanks cheers 

Also, are gripping hands and hard hands interchangeable, or do I need suitable forearms to get hard hands to fit? I was thinking of ordering a set of each.
they are interchangeable .......
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

New VAM no hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VAM no hands   New VAM no hands Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:41 pm

...great, thanks for the info...I'll order a set of each...Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Ddaydawson
Painted Head
Ddaydawson

New VAM no hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VAM no hands   New VAM no hands Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Nice figure Action Malph,

The grippers from ML are great but I would remove the pegs from the new grippers and use your orginal pegs. its easy to do. The new hands come of the pegs very easily. A dab of super glue on the old gripper pegs and stick the new hands on them. Be careful no to use to much glue and move the grippers around a little to ensure they don't get the pegs glued and unable to move.
The new gripper pegs are a fraction larger and are a very tight fit. Some people sand the pegs down but thats requires effort and its looks great to have the original pegs.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

New VAM no hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VAM no hands   New VAM no hands Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 8:28 am

Ddaydawson wrote:
Nice figure Action Malph,

The grippers from ML are great but I would remove the pegs from the new grippers and use your orginal pegs. its easy to do. The new hands come of the pegs very easily. A dab of super glue on the old gripper pegs and stick the new hands on them. Be careful no to use to much glue and move the grippers around a little to ensure they don't get the pegs glued and unable to move.  
The new gripper pegs are a fraction larger and are a very tight fit. Some people sand the pegs down but thats requires effort and its looks great to have the original pegs.
...that sounds like very sound advice...many thanks...Very Happy

...it does seem to be a very nice figure, the body looks in new condition and the limb parts are numbered 6 which I believe is the last issue for the traditional body design (1977 to 78) and mostly sold with eagle eyes. The face has some faint blue marks and the hair has couple of tiny 'shaved' areas which look like manufacturing glitches to me, but not sure. Otherwise he looks perfect; apart from the hands of course...but then I suppose it would be a miracle to find gripping hands that have not deteriorated unless it was stored in a vacuum or something...Razz
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

New VAM no hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VAM no hands   New VAM no hands Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 9:06 am

As D-day said the pegs on the ML hands are a little oversize,if it`s for display only why not fit a pair on vintage hard hands.

Admin
BAMComix

New VAM no hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VAM no hands   New VAM no hands Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 9:07 am

I was going to offer the same advice, but Darren beat me too it lol!, in the past I have trimmed the new pegs down with a blade, but of course this comes with its own problems Shocked 
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

New VAM no hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VAM no hands   New VAM no hands Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 9:19 am

ak615 wrote:
As D-day said the pegs on the ML hands are a little oversize,if it`s for display only why not fit a pair on vintage hard hands.
...I don't have any spare vintage hands (I'm thinking hard hands) either so I would still have to buy...not sure which way to go...or maybe just buy a pair of each...Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New VAM no hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VAM no hands   New VAM no hands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New VAM no hands
Page 1 of 1