ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Empty
PostSubject: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Can anyone tell me what has been issued for GI Joe's 50th  Question confused Question cheers Ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:35 pm

A big NOTHING   Sad
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Thats a real poor show  Sad Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad pale scratch 
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 2:30 am

It seems Hasbro may have abandoned Joe... Sad

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 3:35 am

'HASformerBRO'  Wink 

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 4:06 am

pathetic really
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 7:37 am

I think the general consensus is that as far as nostalgia and adult collectors such as us are concerned, a large mainstream toy manufacturer like Ha$bro is the wrong kind of organisation to expect anything from. They really need to sell the license to all vintage style Joe paraphernalia to someone who panders to the collectors market like Cotswold or the GI Joe club.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 7:50 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:

It seems Hasbro may have abandoned Joe... Sad

Flippin ek Jim I can't believe they've done that on Joe's big birthday it really sucks  Rolling Eyes Mad 
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 7:52 pm

clivvers wrote:

'HASformerBRO'  Wink 

Totally agree Clive  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 7:55 pm

sirsidneyruffdiamond wrote:
pathetic really

Really let the side down SirSidney mate  No 
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 8:01 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
I think the general consensus is that as far as nostalgia and adult collectors such as us are concerned, a large mainstream toy manufacturer like Ha$bro is the wrong kind of organisation to expect anything from. They really need to sell the license to all vintage style Joe paraphernalia to someone who panders to the collectors market like Cotswold or the GI Joe club.

Cheers Somekindajoe I just cant believe they aren't going to do a thing, all the money that GI Joe has made them over the years, I totally agree the licence should be sold onto someone who cares for our vintage treasure
Cheers Ian
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Part of my confusion about this has been the fact that some figures have been posted on ebay as being GI Joe 50th Anniversery figures and are marked up as brand new items, I'd thought Hasbro has had a re-think?, it's a bit sad that some people have got on the band wagon and tried to dupe us into buying previous Anniversery figures and calling them 50th  Evil or Very Mad 
Cheers Ian
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:50 pm

Ian, I have also noticed that on ebay, 50th anniversary GI Joes, there was a action man one as well I did laugh at them,  lol! 

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:11 pm

Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
Ian, I have also noticed that on ebay, 50th anniversary GI Joes, there was a action man one as well I did laugh at them,  lol! 

Cheers mate yes I thought they were having a laugh with the 50th Joe's but I supose that there will always be someone who will jump on the band wagon  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:08 pm

It's pretty mind blowing that such a milestone could be achieved in any medium, especially the fickle world of toy production. Even more mind blowing is that such a thing could be ignored by the company that created it. The 50th anniversary of both James Bond and Doctor Who both passed recently; both were excellent examples of how to celebrate such an event with the pomp and circumstance deserved! On the upnote, those that are passionate about Joe with a creative spirit are coming up with some fantastic concepts to commemorate the big 50. These to me are the really exciting pieces, the ones that come from the heart. I say to hell with Hasbro....or Hasbeen as I like to call them!
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 8:58 pm

ActionJon wrote:
It's pretty mind blowing that such a milestone could be achieved in any medium, especially the fickle world of toy production. Even more mind blowing is that such a thing could be ignored by the company that created it.  The 50th anniversary of both James Bond and Doctor Who both passed recently;  both were excellent examples of how to celebrate such an event with the pomp and circumstance deserved!   On the upnote, those that are passionate about Joe with a creative spirit are coming up with some fantastic concepts to commemorate the big 50.  These to me are the really exciting pieces, the ones that come from the heart.  I say to hell with Hasbro....or Hasbeen as I like to call them!

Well said ActionJon it seems a big waste of effort to confront Hasbro and try to get anything for their loyal collectors thankfully there are sites and forums like this that will keep the spirit of GI Joe and all the following Action figures alive well beyond this 50th Anniversery  cheers Ian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th    What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What special figures have been brought out for GI Joe's 50th
Page 1 of 1