ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Removing mould like marks from clothes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fonnezz
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Fonnezz

Removing mould like marks from clothes Empty
PostSubject: Removing mould like marks from clothes   Removing mould like marks from clothes Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:21 pm

I have got a LRDG jacket that i have washed by hand and not had much luck. The only way i describe it is that it look like mould but its not. Its like tiny dark black dots. The pockets are worse but it also on other parts of the jacket.

Anyone got any tips for washing this in some fancy way and with what? Any advice appreciated.

Removing mould like marks from clothes 7024ECE8-FB79-4196-ADE3-D037EE97CE2E_zpsi4kdt8rm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Removing mould like marks from clothes   Removing mould like marks from clothes Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:10 am

Start by soaking for an hour in a solution that is 1 part white vinegar and 3 parts water.  Rinse the garment well and allow to dry.  The vinegar will kill mold, and also helps to stop colour bleeding. To deal with the staining,  Mix some oxy clean (or similar) and warm water in a jar or tupperware container with a lid.  Drop the garment in, shake vigourously several times.  Allow to sit in solution for an hour.  Rinse very thoroughly, allow to air dry.  At this point there should be a vast difference.  Feel free to repeat any steps as needed.  I also use a stain remover product at times if the stains are bad.  That sits on the garment for 10 minutes before the oxy solution.

Hope this helps...

Jon
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Removing mould like marks from clothes   Removing mould like marks from clothes Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:58 am

Sounds like some good advice...

Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Removing mould like marks from clothes   Removing mould like marks from clothes Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:00 pm

i think i am in the same situation so thanks for both the q&a mates

Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Fonnezz

PostSubject: Re: Removing mould like marks from clothes   Removing mould like marks from clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Given it a good wash in the washing machine and its come up better but still not how i'd like it. Going to try the tips above now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing mould like marks from clothes   Removing mould like marks from clothes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removing mould like marks from clothes
Page 1 of 1