ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..

Go down 
+8
ak615
BAMComix
clivvers
Danthecoat
Sparkys6887
Rossini
Sparklebudgie
SlackElastic
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Empty
PostSubject: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:19 pm

heh All,

I asked Andy-ak615 if he could scan his latest Sabotage sidecard so I could have a go at knocking up my own '60s woodgrain Sabotage card using nothing more than an A4 home printer, some photopaper and a 40th Armoured Car Commanders box! clown 

Major problem with doing sidecards is they are way bigger than A4.. most scanners can't do all of it and bits are missing!..same goes for printing..   A3 printers affraid...I don't have one  Evil or Very Mad 

But we'll get over that with some SlackElastication  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

I'll get straight into the pictures and go through the faffin' about after!
 bounce  bounce  bounce 

First up.. the original scan..
ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Sabotagecardhires

Next up is a cleaned and tidied extended edit ...with my effort at adding the missing contents listing and an extra bit on the end to reach the bottom of the card... as there is some sellotape here and there on all cards anyway if you do it neatly it looks fine..especially if you use the glossy-photopaper...

ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. SabotagecardhiresSlackedit

then using the 'Action Man' top logo from the Armoured Car Commanders box which I left in place underneath..just tucking the extending bit underneath into it's own recesshole and neatly trimming and  sellotaping the photopaper card in place... I ended up with this..

ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Slackotage

ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Slackotage2

Now considering I picked up the empty 40th ACC card for a few quid... I think the end result is a cracking effort with a home printer and 'photoimpression' decade old software!!  affraid  affraid 

Then, enthused by my efforts and spurred on by Andy's covering fire, I also had a spare Colditz Camp Commandant Card so after asking the 'ak615 support line' if he had an escape officers card... I then got busy in similar fashion...

this was a longer piece of original sidecard.. so the usual scanning issues arose... but the slackademy got busy again...

original scan
ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. ColditzEscapeOfficerCard2

first edit with original contents listing

ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. ColditzEscapeOfficerCard4

Slackinated edit with extension piece and customised contents and palitoy header  Twisted Evil 
 affraid 
ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. ColditzEscapeOfficerCard3

and then the
 Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. ColditzEscapeOfficerCard

first mock-up with custom contents listing and a few more forged documents etc' from the pdfs listed in the Ammo thread here..
https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t1549-free-1-6-printables

so there you go... If you have a spare empty 40th card and edit/print those scans and print 'borderless' they will be the exact size for knocking up your own cards... I even managed to use 90% of the Armoured Car commander thread holes on the backing card...

So massive thanks to Andy ak615 for the scans... which if you click on you can download yourself and have a go!! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

after I've finished the Escape Officer card i'll post some more pics... but for now I'm working out what to do for backing card colour, layout and what to include... more updates later!!

clown  clown  clown  clown  clown  clown  clown  clown  clown  clown  clown  clown 

Now they're not perfect by any means... Evil or Very Mad..the Sabotage has a little mismatch on the woodgrain and I'd adjust the midtones to make it a bit more red and the woodgrain a little more yellow but for an afternoons playtime clown  clown I've got a pair of cards to display... and I'm loving the Escape Officer card..(font is Biergarten)

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. ColditzEscapeOfficerCard

ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Slackotage

Once again... top  bounce bounce bounce bounce  effort Andy with the scans... thanks fella...

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Slack

p.s.
(disclaimer)
No animals, original VAM sidecards or painted rivets were hurt in the making of these cards.. at all times the welfare of the 40th reproduction cards were monitored by the 'Slackademy Humane Vamedics'.
All use of sellotape was monitored by a second issue MP, (flockhaired, hard hands). Any similarities between these Slackademy cards and original Palitoy cards is probably the work of the French Resistance, maybe it could be Atomic Man but definitely not any Talking Commanders. Any similarity to anything similar is unintentionally intended and neither the Slackademy or any of its cabinets know nothing about nobody  pig 

Last edited by SlackElastic on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 pm

Superb quality work Slack  cheers 

Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Sparklebudgie wrote:
Superb quality work Slack  cheers 

thanks fella  Twisted Evil ... they look great in the flesh  Twisted Evil affraid affraid 

more to come Smile
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Top work slackmeister!!!! They look great!!

Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Rossini wrote:
Top work slackmeister!!!! They look great!!

YEEEHAHHHH Roskinik!!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:22 pm

Bally Hell Slack. Those cards are amazing!!! I'm so impressed by the imagination and ability of folks like you and Andy. Well done mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Top work mate :-) superb dare I say it Slacktastic :-) :-) :-)
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:51 pm

Cheers Sparky and Dan... good to get the thumbs uppin';-) ..more to come I think!!
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 2:14 am

Slack:

p.s.
(disclaimer)
No animals, original VAM sidecards or painted rivets were hurt in the making of these cards.. at all times the welfare of the 40th reproduction cards were monitored by the 'Slackademy Humane Vamedics'.
All use of sellotape was monitored by a second issue MP, (flockhaired, hard hands). Any similarities between these Slackademy cards and original Palitoy cards is probably the work of the French Resistance, maybe it could be Atomic Man but definitely not any Talking Commanders. Any similarity to anything similar is unintentionally intended and neither the Slackademy or any of its cabinets know nothing about nobody  
 lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Flipping brilliant work, Slacky! cheers cheers cheers 

There's some very talented forum members on here  cheers  I think I've still got an old copy of 'PhotoImpression' for PC somewhere? I think it's by 'Arcsoft'? I also still use the old 'MediaImpression 2' for all my 'Batch Convert/Fetch' work, I would be lost without it, I've also got version 3 but It doesn't seem to do 'Batch convert'  Sad

SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 5:55 am

Heh Clivvers... yes it's Arcsoft... works great... I only used that and Microsoft Paint to clean up bits.. old fashioned copy and paste goes a long way...

Glad you endorse the disclaimer :-):-)
Cheers fella!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:12 am

Absolutely terrific upload slackers !!, what a clever bit of work mate. Thanks for sharing  cheers 
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:51 am

Tremendous effort Slack and I'm happy to have helped out in a small way .Came close to giving the game away last night after being taken in and given an intense grilling by the Gestapo.  Very Happy

Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:27 am

ak615 wrote:
Tremendous effort Slack and I'm happy to have helped out in a small way .Came close to giving the game away last night after being taken in and given an intense grilling by the Gestapo.  Very Happy

Andy, I'll send over the luger attache case, money and train tickets  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:28 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Absolutely terrific upload slackers !!, what a clever bit of work mate. Thanks for sharing  cheers 
cheers Dal... have a go fella... it's not difficult for a man with Land Rover skills  clown 
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:51 am

SlackElastic wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
cheers Dal... have a go fella... it's not difficult for a man with Land Rover skills  clown 

Thanks mate, I might well give it a try  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:49 pm

outstanding work from the collective , anymore in the pipeline

Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:21 pm

blueboxier wrote:
outstanding work from the collective , anymore in the pipeline

thanks Jim,.. I only had those two duplicate 40th cards..affraid  so for now i think that's my lot.. but if i find some others i think i'll give it some more slackin'.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
actionmancollector
New Recruit
actionmancollector

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 10:03 am

Fantastic work, well done
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:16 pm

actionmancollector wrote:
Fantastic work, well done
thanks fella.. appreciate you postin' a thumbs up!  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Well done!

The Sabotage set is one of my favourite pieces. I think it's a lot of peoples' favourite. For me it's right up there with the Mountie and Fighter Pilot artwork.

I'm surprised Hasbro and Alan Hall didn't reproduce it. It would've been a big seller.
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 8:28 am

Joe90 wrote:
Well done!

The Sabotage set is one of my favourite pieces.  I think it's a lot of peoples' favourite.  For me it's right up there with the Mountie and Fighter Pilot artwork.

I'm surprised Hasbro and Alan Hall didn't reproduce it.  It would've been a big seller.

absolutely!! It was just the coolest as a kid... S A B O T A G E!!!! blowing up Barbies affraid affraid Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:19 pm

The Sabotage set (woodgrain) was the first set I got along with my blue beret soldier, hours of fun paddling across the sea (dining room carpet) to plant my charges ,using insulation tape to strap the dynamite to the leg of the oil rig (dining room table) before retreating a safe distance to destroy it  Smile 

Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 5:28 am

As Always Slack you do an outstanding Awesome Job. well done

PostSubject: Re: ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..   ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ak615 and SlackElastic Sabotage/Escape Officer Carded Customs..
Page 1 of 1