ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
Danthecoat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Empty
PostSubject: BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981   BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 1:34 pm

By the middle of 1981 Palitoy may have realised that Action Man as a Space Ranger was to need a mortal enemy and he arrived as the SUPERB Captain Zargon. This figure is often misquoted as having a limited run of clear and red visors but the sad truth is that the red was a prototype only seen in Alan Halls Book and the clear one is from the battle packs that were sold separately Captain Zargon was only sold with his Green Visor and Laser Sword.

BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Img_3568

BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Img_3569

BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Img_3570

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981   BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 3:11 pm

Very cool!!, I remember my buddy who lived over the road from me as a kid, had one of those, and a hulk figure, we of course re dressed them to be the creature commandos!! (DC Comics). Many happy childhood adventures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981   BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Very intresting info, Dan Very Happy The box graphics and figure are superb! cheers cheers cheers

And again, imagine opening this on Christmas morning as a youngster back in the day Very Happy No doubt this was based on Darth Vader from the Star Wars films. I'm sure those boots made it into the later 'modern Action Man' range, if not, the design definitely influenced certain modern Action Man (MAM) boots. I'm beginning to really appreciate the Space Ranger stuff now Very Happy

Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981   BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:09 pm

clivvers wrote:
Very interesting info, Dan Very Happy  The box graphics and figure are superb! cheers cheers cheers

And again, imagine opening this on Christmas morning as a youngster back in the day Very Happy  No doubt this was based on Darth Vader from the Star Wars films. I'm sure those boots made it into the later 'modern Action Man' range, if not, the design definitely influenced certain modern Action Man (MAM) boots. I'm beginning to really appreciate the Space Ranger stuff now Very Happy

He was definitely made with Darth Vader in mind Laser sword (Light sabre) Black cape (Darth Vader) and as my comic strip proved he actually was Action Mans father lol! lol! lol!

BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Page_3_zps1809da17
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981   BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:21 pm

Action Man's father! lol!

Excellent comic strip, Dan! Very Happy The use of a striking green colour really adds to the Alien/baddie ship atmosphere.

You need to update this comic strip soon, it's unique bounce bounce

somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981   BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 8:13 pm

A great comic Dan but I'd demand a DNA test before I believed Zargon was AM's father, although I wouldn't argue that he's Darth Vader's illegitimate love child!...as you point out the resemblances are just too obvious!

Zargon makes me wince almost as much as Atomic Man does although it's probably because I never saw him through a child's eyes. Had he been released a decade earlier I'd have probably loved him.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981   BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 8:30 pm

Not keen on Darth Zargon either affraid the box artwork is stunning though Very Happy I would much rather have a space pirate in my collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981   BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 10:46 pm

Neat figures Action Man had! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981   BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOXED CAPTAIN ZARGON 1981
Page 1 of 1