ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WWII Navy figures

Go down 
+2
inntruderr61
Glidah Drivah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Being a former Naval officer, I have both vintage-based and modern navy figures. Here are a few of my modern ones. These pics are a few years old; as I've updated them since then. I'll take newer pics when I can.

Here an Ensign (I believe you call them sub-lieutenants) addresses a few of his sailors. The junior officer is a DML figure with bits and pieces from the parts bin. The sailor on the right is from the Hasbro 40mm AA gun, but wearing SOTW uniform. The other sailor is based on an actual Pearl Harbor survival, and was released around 2001. Part of the proceeds of the sale went toward maintaining the Arizona Memorial if memory serves.

WWII Navy figures PICT0959
WWII Navy figures PICT0962
WWII Navy figures PICT0967
WWII Navy figures PICT0966
WWII Navy figures PICT0964

More recent pic of the Ensign. I've replaced his tie with binoculars.

WWII Navy figures USN1_zps376ef501

-Nate
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Fantastic looking Sailors Nate! cheers
Looks like the sub-lieutenant is drinking some java... Very Happy

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 11:13 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:

Or a "cup of Joe! " Coffee got this nickname thanks to the teetotaler Secretary of the Navy, Josephus Daniels, who made the Navy dry. My ensign is this drinking the strongest drink available!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 11:15 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:

Or a "cup of Joe! " Coffee got this nickname thanks to the teetotaler Secretary of the Navy,  Josephus Daniels, who made the Navy dry.  My ensign is this drinking the strongest drink available!

-Nate

Cup of Joe sounds better! Very Happy

Admin
gibri

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 5:59 am

Great Navy figures, Nate!!!

You make me want to dust off some old Navy photos...

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 9:33 am

nate the ensign makes me think of robert stack in 1941 Basketball

Admin
BAMComix

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 11:16 am

Terrific figures Nate cheers
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 1:13 pm

The Ensign is an homage to both my grandfather's and mine naval service. He was a naval officer in WWII (served in the reserves until 1967) while I served a little over a half-century later. The only major uniform change was that the deck jacket was black/navy blue in my time.

-Nate
Back to top Go down

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 8:29 pm

Well done Glidah, we don't get to see too many navy bashes, (and even fewer British Navy bashes)....your US Navy personell look brilliant, and i always did like those US dixie caps, very smart and very American.
Love this!

Neil.
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Those dixie caps are an unforgettable icon of the U.S Navy, why not put the caps at a cheeky shore leave tilt (Jaunt?). The Joe on the right has a good head sculpt, I have a similar Joe, I'm thinking of dressing it as a sailor now, after seeing your fine examples.

Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:50 pm

clivvers wrote:
Those dixie caps are an unforgettable icon of the U.S Navy, why not put the caps at a cheeky shore leave tilt (Jaunt?). The Joe on the right has a good head sculpt, I have a similar Joe, I'm thinking of dressing it as a sailor now, after seeing your fine examples.

The Joe on the right came with the navy 40mm anti-aircraft gun; though I updated the uniform. The other sailor is based on an actual Pearl Harbor veteran. Came out in 2001 for the 60th anniversary. The officer uses a DML head that looks like Ben Affleck; since both my grandfather and I are from Boston.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 10:31 am

clivvers wrote:
clive do you need a dixie cap i'm sure i have a spare 1 somewhere pirat

WWII Navy figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWII Navy figures   WWII Navy figures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWII Navy figures
Page 1 of 1