ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OMG! Tom K 2.0?

Go down 
+9
Reddragon
Glidah Drivah
inntruderr61
Sparkys6887
clivvers
BAMComix
Captian action
somekindajoe
TheOneManKid
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 pm

What a great evening it is! I've just won myself a new restoration project for the princely sum of £2.19... king

Only £5.39 with shipping...  alien

I bid on this fella because he was sitting at a low bid with no activity and most importantly I think he's a Tom K lookalike with dark hair... I love you

What do you think?

So, I've opened this thread to document this Action Man's restore! I hope you agree he's going to be worth the effort!

Great looking head!
OMG! Tom K 2.0? Tomsbr10

Bashed up body, but not as bad as it looks at first glance I think!
OMG! Tom K 2.0? Tomsbr12

Even came with some uniform as a bonus!
OMG! Tom K 2.0? Tomsbr11

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 9:27 pm

He looks good!..and what a great early 70's face!

He hasn't exactly escaped the last 40 years intact but his luck has most certainly changed for the better now!

Tom K's member of the Jake inspired 2.0 initiative!

He's destined for great things as long as he passes quarantine at SKJ HQ! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 9:34 pm

i hope he makes the cut poor lad has a lot to go through and could still be left by the wayside lol!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenOMG! Tom K 2.0? G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 9:58 pm

A fantastic addition!, take a battered old Action Man, and put him in the 2.0 Program! to be fully restored and brought back to his former glory!. I foresee great things in this Vams future!, and I am not surprised that Tom K has chosen himself as the base model for this fine looking chap! I shall look forward to seeing his progression and journey back to greatness! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 10:37 pm

'Only £5.39 with Shipping'

That's a bargain coming from the states Shocked He doesn't look like a Joe to me though, definitely an Action Man.

That should be a straight forward fix-up, new limbs, a scrub up and some new eyebrows Smile

Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 10:40 pm

That's great Ralph. Pleased he has found a good home Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 12:16 am

Great addition Ralph! Very Happy

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 6:12 am

clivvers wrote:
'Only £5.39 with Shipping'

That's a bargain coming from the states Shocked He doesn't look like a Joe to me though, definitely an Action Man.

That should be a straight forward fix-up, new limbs, a scrub up and some new eyebrows Smile

Definitely eBay UK and definitely an Action Man. Although he might not end up with an Action Man body, we'll have to wait and see how this little restore project evolves.

Do you think that looks like paint under his flock?

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 6:56 am

TheOneManKid wrote:

That's standard for an AM of his age. You can see the paint in this pre-makeover pic of Joe.

OMG! Tom K 2.0? JoeampTS_zpsc8983b55

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 8:13 am

somekindajoe wrote:
TheOneManKid wrote:

That's standard for an AM of his age. You can see the paint in this pre-makeover pic of Joe.

This is Tom K pre-flock, not really sure if the greenish yellow under his flock was paint or not, probably was I suppose... scratch

This is Tom K, John Bull and the dreaded WalMart Air Adventurer that went off to Paul for a makeover, not sure what happened to it after that... Rolling Eyes

You can see what a 'big head' Tom K is in this photo too, just like Tom K 2.0!

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Badhai10

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 3:32 pm

Ralph,

The blonde realistic haired vam usually have yellow/mustard coloured hair paint under the flocking, and the dark ones normally have black/dark paint, but, Being made at a Hong Kong factory, anything was possible.

The head on the far left of the 3 noggins appears to be an early issued flock, kind of fuzzy flat, I have a good example similar to yours. I heard that Palitoy perfected their flocking technique a year later, to make the flock stand up to attention more (a more realistic crew cut look).

TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 4:53 pm

clivvers wrote:
Ralph,

The blonde realistic haired vam usually have yellow/mustard coloured hair paint under the flocking, and the dark ones normally have black/dark paint, but, Being made at a Hong Kong factory, anything was possible.

The head on the far left of the 3 noggins appears to be an early issued flock, kind of fuzzy flat, I have a good example similar to yours. I heard that Palitoy perfected their flocking technique a year later, to make the flock stand up to attention more (a more realistic crew cut look).

Thanks for that info Clive, I've often wondered why Tom K's flock was kind of different from the more 'erect' flock we are used to seeing. Do you think that is remnants of a 'fuzzy flat' flock on Tom K 2.0 as well?

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 6:58 pm

TheOneManKid wrote:
clivvers wrote:
Ralph,

Thanks for that info Clive, I've often wondered why Tom K's flock was kind of different from the more 'erect' flock we are used to seeing. Do you think that is remnants of a 'fuzzy flat' flock on Tom K 2.0 as well?

It's 80% in favour of Tom K 2.0 being an early flocked vam, there appears to be a slight sheen to the skin texture on the face, the later issued flockies definitely have a much flatter matt look to the skin. I think the early flock heads are a little bit uglier than the later ones. Give Tom K 2.0's flock a clean with some soapy warm water, and use a soft toothbrush to gently remove the fluff, then the flock should give an idea if it's an early issued one. One of my later issued flocked vam has a slightly smaller head than the others, the flocking is immaculate, it's what i call one of my good lookers and is definitely one of the later flockies.  bounce

Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:10 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
TheOneManKid wrote:

Same thing over on this side of the pond!

OMG! Tom K 2.0? 20150103_093758_zps7354ad42

-Nate

Last edited by Glidah Drivah on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:17 pm

clivvers wrote:
I think the early flock heads are a little bit uglier than the later ones.

affraid..... Evil or Very Mad You've just insulted all my favourite VAM!!

OMG! Tom K 2.0? DSCF7104_zpsb32e7c6d

..More 'andsone 'eds that you'd find at a Worzel Gummage convention! lol!

I think the early flocks look better and certainly have more variation. By the mid 70's all AM seem to have that same generic face.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:31 pm

lol! I agree, who couldn't like the heads?

OMG! Tom K 2.0? C342b396-aaad-49de-af47-fc006d32ec6e_zps01a0828b
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:34 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
clivvers wrote:

..More 'andsone 'eds that you'd find at a Worzel Gummage convention!  lol!

I think the early flocks look better and certainly have more variation. By the mid 70's all AM seem to have that same generic face.

Tom K is figuring out how to respond to someone calling him ugly! He's never experienced it before... confused

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:47 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
clivvers wrote:

..More 'andsone 'eds that you'd find at a Worzel Gummage convention!  lol!

lol!
You're right about the later generic faces looking almost identical, except one of mine, it has a very innocent look scratch

clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Nice one, Dal! Special agent (MI8) cheers

Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:57 pm

OMG! Tom K 2.0? REDBOX5

TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 8:30 pm

Reddragon wrote:
OMG! Tom K 2.0? REDBOX5

Mr. Redbox the psychopath?

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 9:49 pm

As The One Man Kid is on a secret mission in Prague this week the future Tom K 2.0 was delivered to SKJ HQ for safekeeping.

OMG! Tom K 2.0? DSCF2182_zpsc7uzfqzm

Everything was quiet...too quiet! I just had an eerie feeling we were being watched!

OMG! Tom K 2.0? DSCF2184_zpsq57okhdg

The 'Dissidents', Tom K's ex-crew members, Chuck and Elvis were put on guard....just in case!

OMG! Tom K 2.0? DSCF2186_zps9w1nhrhi

..but I couldn't shake the feeling we were being watched so I hid Tom K 2.0 in the cupboard. He'll be safe in there...

OMG! Tom K 2.0? DSCF2187_zpssow1yhec

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Untitled%201_zpsncdcsk6r

Back to top Go down

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 9:53 pm

great story i dont see a happy ending tho
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:28 pm

Suspect , shocking events at SKJ HQ!, who is that strange little man with that evil glint in his eye???, could he be...???.. no that's impossible!, surely he met his end in Ralph's shed??? Shocked Shocked Shocked . Lets hope that Elvis and Chuck are up to the challenge of protecting Tom 2.0! scratch
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:28 pm

Creepy!!! What a Face What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OMG! Tom K 2.0? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMG! Tom K 2.0?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Action Man Random Pictures & Kitbashes-
Jump to: