ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OMG! Tom K 2.0?

Go down 
+9
Reddragon
Glidah Drivah
inntruderr61
Sparkys6887
clivvers
BAMComix
Captian action
somekindajoe
TheOneManKid
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 11:02 pm

Ohhh I wonder what's going to happen next. Loving this short story somekindajoe.

SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 11:26 pm

Call the VICE SQUAD cheers cheers cheers . The plot thickens lol!

TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:17 am

The vice is being oiled and the hammer polished in the shed of no return little man! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:25 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Tom K 2.0 Restore Phase One   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Okay, Steve kindly dropped the new restore project over to my London HQ today and I've given him a quick spruce up. Phase one of the project complete! I discovered that his body is basically good and only needs some good arms and hands and lower legs and feet. The rest is in good condition with nice tight elastic. I have cleaned his face a with some soap and cleaned the fluff and stuff out of his flock. I've given him some replacement limbs temporarily, till I can find some VAM replacements. I had thought about putting the head on an AT body, but I think I'll keep this one as a complete Action Man for a change.

His head looks like the same sculpt as Tom K, but the vinyl is softer and the skin colour more grey, similar to Diesel, whereas Tom K is tan skinned. Close up you can see the brown paint under his flock and you can see the flock has yellow mixed in the brown.

Enjoying being able to pose once more!
OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Tom_k_10

Getting used to the studio... Cool
OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Tom_k_11

Look to the right!
OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Tom_k_12

Look to the left!
OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Tom_k_13

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 6:24 pm

he look god Ralph!, I have some lower legs and balls for him (stop that sniggering!), but no feet sadly Sad . I also have a few arm pieces for you too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 6:36 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
he looks good Ralph!, I have some lower legs and balls for him (stop that sniggering!), but no feet sadly Sad . I also have a few arm pieces for you too Very Happy

Thanks Dal... lower legs would be good and I have a right foot, just need a left. All donations accepted gratefully... going to a good cause... lol!

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:25 pm

He's looking like a new man already!

.....and a natural poser! He'll fit right in at TOMK HQ! lol!

He's definitely an early flock head, look at all that yellow! After trip to Flocktastic for a reflock  (Oops I mean DNA resequencing) he'll be a right chip off the old Tom K block!

What can possibly go wrong? Ha ha ha ha.....

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:33 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
He's looking like a new man already!

.....and a natural poser! He'll fit right in at TOMK HQ! lol!

He's definitely an early flock head, look at all that yellow! After trip to Flocktastic for a reflock  (Oops I mean DNA resequencing) he'll be a right chip off the old Tom K block!

What can possibly go wrong? Ha ha ha ha.....

Time for Tony's best early vintage re-flock it seems... Very Happy

The shed is going to be refurbished to replicate circa 1970... affraid

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 9:21 pm

Awesome story Steve! cheers ha ha ha cheers

Cool project Ralph...Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:16 pm

looking good be better than new soon
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 11:32 pm

Looking great Ralph!! Need a left foot? Fancy a walk?? LolOMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 IMG_20150329_232922_zps3ttn94lb
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 4:17 am

It's coming along nicely, Ralph Very Happy

I can't wait to see the finished product bounce

Ross, I've just given your hand a Palm reading study

gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 4:21 am

Ross's palm has sole! jocolor Rolling Eyes jocolor
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:39 am

gibri wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 3:08 pm

gibri wrote:
Good one, Bri! lol!

TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Tom K 2.0 Restore Phase Two   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 8:46 pm

Just got some new body parts for Tom K 2.0 in the post, very pleased with them. I ordered them to match the original numbering which is L4s and R4s on the legs and arms and he was missing an L3 foot. Now he all his limbs match perfectly, apart from the hands, which are AT Joe. He'll get a pair of grippers next AM 40th or GM Repros, not sure yet.

It's really interesting to see the wood grain like surface feature in these close up photos. This is the first time I've tried the super close up stuff, so turned out a little grainy. I think because I did it with zoom!

OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Body_p10

OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Left_a10

OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Right_10

OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Left_l10

OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Right_11

OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Left_f10

OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Right_12

As you can see I have started to shave his flock to expose the original paint head and get him ready for his Flocktastic makeover... Very Happy

Actually his joints are a little loose on his knees and ankles, so they'll need stiffening at some point to make him easier to pose... Cool

OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Tom_k_14

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:06 pm

superb ralph!, he is coming along nicely cheers
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:35 pm

He's still half finished but a comparison shot shows a dramatic difference..

OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Tomsbr12

OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Tom_k_14

Now that's progress!

Those vintage replacement limbs look in great condition. Interesting about the 'wood grain' I'd only ever noticed it on feet in the past!

While we're all excited about this project it's just dawned on me that very soon we'll have...

....TWO TOM K's!! affraid

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:49 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
He's still half finished but a comparison shot shows a dramatic difference..

Now that's progress!

Those vintage replacement limbs look in great condition. Interesting about the 'wood grain' I'd only ever noticed it on feet in the past!

While we're all excited about this project it's just dawned on me that very soon we'll have...

....TWO TOM K's!! affraid

Thanks for putting those two photos together for comparison Steve, he's going to to turn out nice I think!
Yeah, the limbs are in very nice condition and the elastic and hooks that came with the arms are very nice and clean too... Very Happy
Not a cheap way to get replacements, but as the base cost for the figure was about as low as you can go, I thought it worth investing in what is basically a very nice VAM!

Two Tom K's means two huge and slightly unbalanced egos on AMMO... lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 10:21 pm

coming on very nice
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 12:18 am

Ralph @ OAP vam..

It's not wood grain effect on the vam limbs, it's wrinkles/ageing, the vinyl is drying out. Vam age just like us study

Keep up the good work bounce

Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 8:22 am

Well just been back and read this thread from the beginning and all I can say is when you repair or fix a vam up you really do it properly , when I fix up a van I'm not concerned where the limbs are from but you have matched like numbered limb for like that is dedication to a restoration ,I salute your finesse , you could make a business out of you care and attention to a restoration and it is a restoration not just a fix up job , I'm sure like me  all the wee fellas salute you Ralph ! cheers cheers cheers

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenOMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 9:42 pm

Captian action wrote:
Well just been back and read this thread from the beginning and all I can say is when you repair or fix a vam up you really do it properly , when I fix up a van I'm not concerned where the limbs are from but you have matched like numbered limb for like that is dedication to a restoration ,I salute your finesse , you could make a business out of you care and attention to a restoration and it is a restoration not just a fix up job , I'm sure like me  all the wee fellas salute you Ralph ! cheers cheers cheers

Thanks for the support! Actually it's the first time I've properly made the effort to buy the correct body parts, although I've been aware of what body parts should go on each era figures for a while now, as for some reason I feel that this figure deserves a 'proper' rebuild and it was lucky I suppose that CB Toy Collectables had all the correct parts in stock just when I wanted them... Very Happy

The grippers won't be authentic of course, but I might try to get him a nice set of spare hard hands from the AM day event.

Tony has said that he can even reproduce the dark brown flock with the yellow flecking, that you can see in the big head shots on this thread, so I'm predicting this figure is going to turn out a real corker... Cool

Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 12:59 pm

another A.M. saved tom well done I salute you

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Tom K 2.0?   OMG! Tom K 2.0? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMG! Tom K 2.0?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Action Man Random Pictures & Kitbashes-
Jump to: