ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Max Steel Collection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

My Max Steel Collection Empty
PostSubject: My Max Steel Collection   My Max Steel Collection Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:31 pm

So got focused today and spent a bit of time while half watching TV photographing my Max Steel collection, so here's a group shot to start off with

My Max Steel Collection P1130871_zpspe6yrniw

First close ups Max Going Turbo and his arch enemy Pyscho, you can see the height difference in this photo and it's quite a marked difference when he stands up with the considerably bigger beefier looking Dr X's and the rest of the villains

My Max Steel Collection P1130884_zpsr4znynn8

I kind of like him as a villain but, I don't think he's on the same level as Dr X and many of the MAM villains and the arm feature I don't really get I might be missing the missiles but, still it doesn't really seem to have much of a feature towards it. I think Max Steel's best villain which I would really like to get hold of has got to be Bio Constrictor who has a really cool Max Steel type snake body and head

Face off

My Max Steel Collection P1130880_zpsimdnavwi

Close up of Max's Going Turbo arm and button Wink the electrics actually don't restrict his articulation that much I think you can't move the forearm side to side but, he's still fairly well articulated so it doesn't make too much of a difference to posing I think, and with a bit of persuasion you can rotate his arm fully round without seeming to damage the figure. I did try to do a shot of the light up feature in action but, it didn't show up on camera  

My Max Steel Collection P1130875_zpsvd62hqjs
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection   My Max Steel Collection Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:37 pm

Can't find the reference site I used to use occasionally for looking up Max figures and sets so next up is the Boxer guy partially complete

My Max Steel Collection P1130885_zpsjlgtnuo5

I like the tattoo and gloves but, the shorts don't stay up very well on my figure and I'm not overly fussed on their design

My Max Steel Collection P1130890_zpsjbnzcyuh

This next one is an ordinary Max who I customised nicknamed Silver Steel, reckon he's got to be a future version or descendant of Max's. He should have a rifle somewhere but, I couldn't find it for his photo

My Max Steel Collection P1130892_zpsvl3zqeit

The guys also look good bare chested, show off  Very Happy  Razz  

My Max Steel Collection P1130895_zps56chadda
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection   My Max Steel Collection Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:39 pm

great pics and great collection
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection   My Max Steel Collection Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:47 pm

This next one would have originally come with a helmet and skateboard, he must be the 3rd version of this figure I've had as I managed to find the same figure twice as a child once on holiday in Diss, Norfolk and the next time in a charity shop while I was doing my work experience (first time at 15 scary new world) at the Botanical Gardens. I'm generally not a fan of moulded on clothes as most of you well know but, I think some of the stuff like these vets do look alright on figures and I suppose I already had a fond affection for this figure so decided to pick him up.

My Max Steel Collection P1130899_zpsqt7khlbo

He also makes a good partner for Action Man as you can see (this guy's one of my favourite figures, simple but, great outfit and well articulated figure with good headsculpt win win) by heck with him, AM, Redwolf and Flynt you've got a pretty good team bad guys watch out!

My Max Steel Collection P1130900_zpsulrogy9y

He can also do causal quite well and coincidentally I had a skateboard I picked up

My Max Steel Collection P1130904_zpsihhy5fh8

Finally one of my favourite figures not just because he's got extra articulation but, because with his tattoos which look like they're glow in the dark and his super headscuplt which just scream that make shim look like he's a real badass guy he's real cool.

My Max Steel Collection P1130906_zps9mooh9e2
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection   My Max Steel Collection Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:49 pm

Close up

My Max Steel Collection P1130907_zpszsmry4ot

Back of the head, view the world through Max's night vision eyes  

My Max Steel Collection P1130909_zps1imbvexv

Close up of those cool tattoos

My Max Steel Collection P1130911_zpsjozw51q5

My Max Steel Collection P1130915_zpsbuywr5xc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection   My Max Steel Collection Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:58 pm

is this the site your looking for?
http://www.manbehindthedoll.com/maxsteel.htm
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection   My Max Steel Collection Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 1:38 am

Great photos! Very Happy

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection   My Max Steel Collection Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 2:01 pm

Great close-up photos!  cheers  cheers  cheers  You've got some nice looking Max figures, DD! Cool

The Max Steel 'Night Vision' figure is a nice special function figure, i have a red-eye version, it has a sight on it i think. There's two versions of the Bio-Constrictor baddie, the early version has a very bendable, extendable neck, whilst the second version (later) has a fixed hard molded neck, that can be extended via a small lever on the figure's back. I think the hands are made of Urethene rubber. Bio is an ugly looking beast, it looks like it's come from another world and very evil looking! Shocked I have the two versions, both are equal in my eyes. The hard fixed-neck (later) version, seems to have brighter green eyes than the early version.

Here's the hard fixed-neck version, with brighter, greener eyes...

My Max Steel Collection 15JPEGWEBFINALBOOTYAMMOFIGHTSCENEAUGUST2014_zps4d0226c1

Thanks for showing a close-up of  the "Going Turbo" Max figure, it's a nice figure, now i know what causes the figure to talk (orange button on arm) My one is still in my 'boot sale finds' bag.

DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection   My Max Steel Collection Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:59 pm

snow white wrote:
is this the site your looking for?
http://www.manbehindthedoll.com/maxsteel.htm

Brilliant cheers mate Very Happy I knew I'd used it several years ago but, much to my frustration couldn't find anything yesterday evening the problem with the new Max Steel series is that's most of what you get when you put it into Google's search engine even with 1990's Max Steel the relevant results are limited. Might see if I can get some set names and links in a minute now that I've got that it's a pretty good website as I recall.

Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection   My Max Steel Collection Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 10:01 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Great photos! Very Happy

Thanks mate prefer taking outdoor photos as I find it hard to get satisfactory light results but, I think they're satisfactory for the purpose maybe some aciton photoos alter this summer when I've got some relaxing time Surprised
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection   My Max Steel Collection Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 10:13 pm

clivvers wrote:
Great close-up photos!  cheers  cheers  cheers  You've got some nice looking Max figures, DD! Cool

The Max Steel 'Night Vision' figure is a nice special function figure, i have a red-eye version, it has a sight on it i think. There's two versions of the Bio-Constrictor baddie, the early version has a very bendable, extendable neck, whilst the second version (later) has a fixed hard molded neck, that can be extended via a small lever on the figure's back. I think the hands are made of Urethene rubber. Bio is an ugly looking beast, it looks like it's come from another world and very evil looking! Shocked I have the two versions, both are equal in my eyes. The hard fixed-neck (later) version, seems to have brighter green eyes than the early version.

Here's the hard fixed-neck version, with brighter, greener eyes...

My Max Steel Collection 15JPEGWEBFINALBOOTYAMMOFIGHTSCENEAUGUST2014_zps4d0226c1

Thanks for showing a close-up of  the "Going Turbo" Max figure, it's a nice figure, now i know what causes the figure to talk (orange button on arm) My one is still in my 'boot sale finds' bag.

Yes agree with you on the Night Vision figures the combination of extra articulation a great intent facial sculpt and the eye piece plus the tattoos particularly the circutry one are really cool, reckon he's due a summer kitbash in some shorts see what harnesses and other accessories look good on him at some point although it would be good if we had more suitable weather for photographs. I thought you'd like/find useful the photos of the Going Turbo figure would lvoe to see photos of your fella is he complete or missing his harness?

I remember the post about Bio Constrictor, he's a really cool but, creepy figure seeing the photo really reminds me just how cool he is and that headsculpt love it, I 'd say he's probably equal to some of the MAM villains in quality and with considerably better articulation as well. I think personally I would probably choose the figure with the normal head type but, the idea of the 'accordion' extendable neck is certainly a novel play feature Very Happy. Bio also kind of reminds me of a character I came up with whose body is covered in brambles and has relevant plant based powers I figure the body is kind of suitable for that as well. I like the MAM he's battling as well the face paint is particularly good on him and he looks ready for battle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Max Steel Collection   My Max Steel Collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Max Steel Collection
Page 1 of 1