ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Painting VAM Heads

Go down 
+5
Chip
Teckno Viking
Captian action
Professor Gangrene Fan
barney_leadhead
9 posters
AuthorMessage
barney_leadhead
Painted Head
barney_leadhead

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:13 pm

Not a full repaint but eyebrows, lips and scar.

I've used Tamiya, Revell and Citadel paints on VAM before but tonight I wanted to bring back to life a head that I'd had re-flocked some years back but has failed to 'do it' for me in any outfit that I tried; he just looked too washed out and his face seemed 'lost'  Crying or Very sad

He was a little pasty to start with!

Painting VAM Heads VAM20Head20Paint2014.07.1520001

I used Citadel Rhinox Hide for the eyebrows and Cadian Fleshtone for the lips and scar.
I'm very pleased with the results and look forward to putting him into an outfit tomorrow evening  cheers

Painting VAM Heads VAm20Head20Paint2014.07.1520002

Professor Gangrene Fan

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:22 pm

barney_leadhead I'm really liking the repaint of the eyebrows, lips and scar that you did. Looking forward to seeing what outfit he's going to be put in.

Painted Head
barney_leadhead

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:25 pm

ACKIE88 wrote:
barney_leadhead I'm really liking the repaint of the eyebrows, lips and scar that you did. Looking forward to seeing what outfit he's going to be put in.

Thanks Ackie I'm pleased you like him.
I have an outfit in mind and hopefully all will be revealed in a day or two Cool

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 9:35 am

great re-paint !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenPainting VAM Heads G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 10:11 am

Great Job indeed. Though got all excited seeing the Thread title LOL
Back to top Go down

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 10:30 am

great job looks perfect
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 1:18 pm

Looks good , the lips and scar are spot on . I`d try a little less paint on the eyebrows , think that might improve them further .

clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 5:07 pm

Good job and nice painting on the eyebrows. Eyebrows are quite hard to pull off and get looking right, yours look perfect! cheers

I was thinking of getting a red/ginger reflock done on one of my MAM, i will remove the old dark brown/black eyebrows and mix a colour to match the hair.

These days i use artist acrylics to do some of my MAM head sculpt restorations, it's easy to get the colour tone i want. Artist acrylics dry without a sticky feeling.

Thanks for sharing this.

barney_leadhead
Painted Head
barney_leadhead

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Thanks for the comments guys Very Happy

I used Citadel in this instance as I have the full range of paints from that source although now I've started to use Vallejo I think I prefer those.

I've got some plans to use different shades on different heads on future projects so watch this space Cool

Professor Gangrene Fan

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 5:46 pm

barney_leadhead wrote:
Thanks for the comments guys Very Happy

I used Citadel in this instance as I have the full range of paints from that source although now I've started to use Vallejo I think I prefer those.

I've got some plans to use different shades on different heads on future projects so watch this space Cool

I use Citadel paint or spray paint mostly but I'v never hurd of Vallejo paint before. Your got some plans to use different shades on different heads on future projects, I'll definitely be watching this space Wink.

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Looking very nice... love the red head... Cool

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Great repaint chris. He looks so much better.

Back when I was 40k crazy I used Citadel paints all the time but a few months ago I tried some Tamiya (..because that's what they had in the craft shop and I couldn't be bothered to go all the way to my local Games workshop!)

...Rolling Eyes The Tamiya was pants! Never again!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 8:12 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
The Tamiya was pants! Never again!

Same here, Steve!

I painted a model kit with Tamiya paint, it left terrible brush marks because it dries as you put it on, then when dry, it rubs off easily.
I'm sticking to trusty Humbrol enamels for my model kits, and artist acrylic paints for restoration work on head sculpts and MAM body armour.
Tamiya paint has isopropanol + glycol ethers, so might affect the vinyl of head sculpts study
Smile

Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 8:15 pm

That looks fantastic Chris! I've tried to match the colour of the lips before and not been happy with it, I think I'll give that colour a go mate.

Painting VAM Heads Volgan10
Back to top Go down
barney_leadhead
Painted Head
barney_leadhead

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Thanks again for the positive responses guys and please see my random pics thread for this fella in his new kit Cool

Painting VAM Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting VAM Heads   Painting VAM Heads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting VAM Heads
Page 1 of 1