ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Different Head Sculpts...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Studio 126
New Recruit
Studio 126

Different Head Sculpts... Empty
PostSubject: Different Head Sculpts...   Different Head Sculpts... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 3:00 am

Different Head Sculpts... Max-heads_orig
#1, 2 & 4 are stamped 1998. #3 is stamped 1999.
(both types are Mattel)

Last edited by Studio 126 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://studio-126.blogspot.com/2011/06/studio-126-web-ring.html
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Different Head Sculpts...   Different Head Sculpts... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 10:19 am

I've also noticed the slight variations in the faces, No.3 looks more serious and moody looking, it's the raised eyebrows, plus the eyes are meaner looking than the other head sculpts. There's also 3 levels of articulation that i've come across in the Max range. Max is Ken's rival when it comes to Barbie, i'm sure there's loads of these figures in Barbie collections.

Max Steel can be classed as Big Jim's son or replacement, both being Mattel creations.

"Going Turbo!" I'm a big fan of Max Steel Smile

Studio 126
New Recruit
Studio 126

PostSubject: Re: Different Head Sculpts...   Different Head Sculpts... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 2:34 am

Back to top Go down
http://studio-126.blogspot.com/2011/06/studio-126-web-ring.html
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Different Head Sculpts...   Different Head Sculpts... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Double figure sets are always desirable..

That Barbie set looks quite intresting and the whole package looks pretty cool! It's no doubt aimed at adult collectors. I can imagine that ex Max Steel figure falling into the hands of Action Man kitbashers, it would probably be kitbashed into a high seas Pirate, a Wild West gunslinger, or even a knock off of the mighty Zorro (Zooro lol!).

Mattel should cash in on characters from the BBC-tv series 'Poldark', which is an immensely popular weekly television drama set in Cornwall, England in the 18th-century.

I'm a big fan of Poldark cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different Head Sculpts...   Different Head Sculpts... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different Head Sculpts...
Page 1 of 1