ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

101st AIRBORNE RANGER

Go down 
+5
BAMComix
inntruderr61
Professor Gangrene Fan
Glidah Drivah
Teckno Viking
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

101st AIRBORNE RANGER Empty
PostSubject: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Here's my 101st Airborne Ranger he's on a convert mission working with the Cuban Goverment on a deep Jungle rece to hunt out and Destroy a vicious drug cartel

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8081_zpsgjhsyrs2

Meet Ranger Sargent Gus Hardman, Hardman by name and by nature  Twisted Evil  he's been covert ops, spent the last six days watching and reporting on cartel movements

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8083_zpspuha3uwk

He's had to carry all his kit with him as he only stays in one place for a brief time until he needs to check on the other Drug movements and Cartel operatives

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8087_zpsxmdgan7w

"Halt we have company I will check it all out"

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8093_zpswopatqfc

Yes its the key figure and Cartel Don we have been searching for, Gus your going to need to take him out that is your Order....

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8097_zpsx3uiyzwm

Thats it, I've got him in my sights, Blam Blam....

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8103_zpsrquq1vms

Target eliminated mission complete, I will tab back to extraction point.....

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8080_zpsgt9l0ynx

Head back to base for some well deserved R+R after another perfect mission

To be continued.......

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 10:12 pm

great pics hes well kitted out
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 1:21 am

Nice kit! Cool

The figure has a very 'Army' looking face, if you know what i mean, also the beret looks very similar to a vam one. That outfit looks like it will also fit a MAM figure, which will be a big boost for MAMkind cheers bounce

Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 10:40 am

Very nice and Old school US Ranger when they wore the Black beret too (Wear tan now as Black is US ARMY beret colour) Very Happy
Though 101st wear the Airborne Maroon beret.
Stated that as you said 101st, Ranger.

The DML Woodland BDUs look great and love the little bio work too
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 8:49 pm

snow white wrote:
great pics hes well kitted out

Cheers Gary lol! Yes I went a bit OTT with the kit but I suppose the special forces hump a fair bit of kit on missions with them Mad lol!

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 9:01 pm

clivvers wrote:
Nice kit! Cool

The figure has a very 'Army' looking face, if you know what i mean, also the beret looks very similar to a vam one. That outfit looks like it will also fit a MAM figure, which will be a big boost for MAMkind cheers bounce

Yes I totally agree very army looking face Cool The beret looks like VAM but with him being a Dragon figure with a smaller head VAM would be too big, I've bashed an unknown beret that I got with some other kit and stuck my own badge on it Wink I've tried this kit on a VAM and the press studs wouldnt fasten on the trowsers so dont think there would be any chance of it fitting on a MAM No Embarassed

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 9:08 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Very nice and Old school US Ranger when they wore the Black beret too (Wear tan now as Black is US ARMY beret colour) Very Happy
Though 101st wear the Airborne Maroon beret.
Stated that as you said 101st, Ranger.

The DML Woodland BDUs look great and love the little bio work too

Cheers mate yes to tell you the truth it was the only beret I had that fitted and I googled the look and thought it worked, The uniform has the Screaming Eagle patch on the left sleeve so that's the reason I did the 101st Cool but thanks for the spot It's good to get help with the kit and glad you like the bio Very Happy

SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 10:23 pm

No worries and hope you did not mind. TBH if you want to keep him RANGERS, move the 101st to the Right arm. Means that He saw combat with that unit, then on the left add RANGERS unit patch/flashes to make him Rangers.

If you keep patch as it is, Maroon beret would be the better option.

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 2:54 pm

Stonewall wrote:
No worries and hope you did not mind. TBH if you want to keep him RANGERS, move the 101st to the Right arm. Means that He saw combat with that unit, then on the left add RANGERS unit patch/flashes to make him Rangers.

If you keep patch as it is, Maroon beret would be the better option.

No problems at all, I'm always up to learning new stuff, but here's one for you the badges on his left sleeve are as shown in the pictures below and this is a Genuine Dragon uniform, the right sleeve has the American flag patch on so maybe the badges were used on the right side to compensate for this Question Question

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8120_zpst5gcmsye

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8119%202_zpsdh0hvofg

Many thanks anyway Cheers Ian

SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Ahhhh Nice. New photos help actually Very Happy

The "RANGER" tab means he has done the course I believe. If he was RANGERS he would have one of the RANGER Regt tabs not plain "RANGERS". Which are more scrolled Tabs.

So he is currently definitely 101st, means Maroon beret with 101st Beret flash. The flash I think there are a few options too.

Don't you just love the US and their love for patches LOL

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Being that they are part of Special Operations command, all members of the 75th Ranger Regiment are airborne qualified. By the same token, many members of the 82nd or 101st Airborne would have attended ranger school, and be qualified to wear the ranger tab over their division patch.

For instance, this NCO wears shoulder tabs indicating that he is special forces, airborne, AND ranger qualified over his Army Special Operations Command, Europe patch.
101st AIRBORNE RANGER Army%20flash_zpswwvkmjqk

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 7:10 pm

Yep and that is what I said too.
It was just that he has the 101st means he is active 101st than Ranger, yes?

Sorry was not trying to derail. As having the RANGER tab but in another Regt, I do not believe they are called RANGERS are they? You wouldn't call a Green Beret a Ranger, nor a Paratrooper. Yet as you rightly pointed out Nate, You can earn those Tabs then move on.

After all look at the USAF CCTs, Plenty of US SEALs, SFGs etc who are now Airmen (Whatever rank they hold) but yet entitled to wear all the decorations of their previous Units awards earned on the USAF dress uniform.
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Stonewall wrote:

Sorry was not trying to derail. As having the RANGER tab but in another Regt, I do not believe they are called RANGERS are they?  You wouldn't call a Green Beret a Ranger, nor a Paratrooper. Yet as you rightly pointed out Nate, You can earn those Tabs then move on.

After all look at the USAF CCTs, Plenty of US SEALs, SFGs etc who are now Airmen (Whatever rank they hold) but yet entitled to wear all the decorations of their previous Units awards earned on the USAF dress uniform.

Generally, you would refer to them as what unit they are currently serving in. If someone who is special forces qualified (ie Green Beret) is serving in a Ranger or Airborne unit, then that's what they a referred as. The grizzled NCO in the picture has served in more than one!

There's also the the adage of "once a (whatever), always a (whatever)". Two of my OCS classmates were SEALs, yet neither was getting commissioned into a SEAL team. One was becoming a Naval Flight Officer, the other a Supply officer. They would still wear their BUDs pin, and would be considered SEALs. My guess is that this is the same for other branches as well.

-Nate

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Intresting info, Nate Cool

Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 10:02 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Ahhhh Nice. New photos help actually Very Happy

The "RANGER" tab means he has done the course I believe. If he was RANGERS he would have one of the RANGER Regt tabs not plain "RANGERS". Which are more scrolled Tabs.

So he is currently definitely 101st, means Maroon beret with 101st Beret flash. The flash I think there are a few options too.

Don't you just love the US and their love for patches LOL

Thanks this has cleared it up lol! have to get my maroon paint out lol!

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Stonewall wrote:

Sorry was not trying to derail. As having the RANGER tab but in another Regt, I do not believe they are called RANGERS are they?  You wouldn't call a Green Beret a Ranger, nor a Paratrooper. Yet as you rightly pointed out Nate, You can earn those Tabs then move on.

Generally, you would refer to them as what unit they are currently serving in. If someone who is special forces qualified (ie Green Beret) is serving in a Ranger or Airborne unit, then that's what they a referred as. The grizzled NCO in the picture has served in more than one!

There's also the the adage of "once a (whatever), always a (whatever)". Two of my OCS classmates were SEALs, yet neither was getting commissioned into a SEAL team. One was becoming a Naval Flight Officer, the other a Supply officer. They would still wear their BUDs pin, and would be considered SEALs. My guess is that this is the same for other branches as well.

-Nate

Thanks Nate thats what I thought scratch regarding the fact that a Ranger is a special operations and I thought conected to a certain division Question

Cheers Ian

SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 10:04 am

Well as said not an American. So bow down to US knowledge.

I was always led to believe the Ranger tab was a course award for the 60+ day RANGER Course and Not actually a member of the 75th RANGERS (as said they have a scrolled tab). So your a qualified course RANGER but not been a member of the 75th RANGERS par sa.
Meaning any US Branches and Units can attain the Tab (USMC do NOT allow it to be worn on Dress Uniform) though just means a qualification not an Actual RANGER.

As said that was my understanding of it.

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:47 pm

Ranger Sniper team with 50mm support just incase things get heavy out there Twisted Evil

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8883_zpsnlj2ni64

"Nothing out here yet, go climb that sunflower and see what's coming down the trail"....

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8891_zpsy2euwrar

Cartel scouts just coming through the bush should I take em out????

"No come back down here near the tomato plantation we'll set up an ambush"!...

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8913_zps6cibnb8d

The scout team got spooked and turned back down the trail and returned to the drug factory, making it easy for the Rangers to get to a new position just 200 yards from the Drug Hive

A BIT LATER OUTSIDE THE DRUG FACTORY......

Wait until I take out the leader then let loose with the 50....We need to smoke this place Twisted Evil

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8933_zpsw5shqjrh

I've got a good bead on him, taking the shot....Crack....

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8923_zpsdchv2mxa

Open up with all you got............smoke the place.. we need to close this racket once and for all... hak-hak-hak-hak the 50 cal pours down a hail of hot fury, the cartel bandits didn't stand a chance Evil or Very Mad

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8939_zpsqd4ecfke

Good work partner, that's shut this bar down good n propper.....

101st AIRBORNE RANGER IMGP8945_zpsiveludar

Don't think we'll be hereing from this den of crooks anymore,.....

Let's get this kit bagged up and get back to the RV an catch the bird outa here....

To be continued...........................................................................................

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 12:30 am

great story pics and figures
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 1:06 am

I'm really liking your photo story that you've put together Hawkeye. Looking forward to seeing more of this story.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 1:15 am

Fantastic photos! cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:31 am

Fantastic Ian! cheers
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 8:12 pm

snow white wrote:
great story pics and figures

Thanks Gary thought on such a nice day it was time to get some big guns out lol!

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 8:14 pm

ACKIE88 wrote:
I'm really liking your photo story that you've put together Hawkeye. Looking forward to seeing more of this story.

Thanks Alex I'll try to add some more to this ASAP Wink

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 8:17 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Fantastic photos! cheers

Cheers Jim, I couldn't resist getting the sunflower in a sketch they always give a good show flower lol!

PostSubject: Re: 101st AIRBORNE RANGER   101st AIRBORNE RANGER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

101st AIRBORNE RANGER
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next