ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial

Go down 
+3
somekindajoe
Hawkeye
ak615
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial   lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 6:43 pm

Hello All,Ive been meaning to sort out some lights for my display cabinet for a while now,after trawling the net the for some considerable time I decided upon some LED lighting from IKEA. Once the decision was made I needed to pluck up courage to venture into the aforementioned flat pack maze of despair,this done and a couple of days of therapy later.

before

lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial DSCF4045_zpszmmk1q1n

after

lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial DSCF4044_zpsthj7rmgn

photos dont really do them justice except show my mountie still needs his hat sorting and its time to get the duster out, also bought the cool remote control so i can turn the lights on and off without the hassle of bending down to switch them on and off at the wall a fact which many of us rapidly approaching that age where this becomes a major event will appreciate.

Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial   lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Nice job and will set those great uniforms off nicely, maybe the wire could be taped to the top of the cabinet to get it out of the way Idea it will add a finishing touch to it Wink

Ian

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial   lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Very nice Andy! LED is all the rage now but I hope you got a qualified electrician to install them! Rolling Eyes

I love the French Republican Guard too!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial   lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 8:23 pm

somekindajoe wrote:

Very nice Andy! LED is all the rage now but I hope you got a qualified electrician to install them! Rolling Eyes

I love the French Republican Guard too!

These LEDS throw hardly any heat as well,If you know of any decent electricians I got loads for him to do Very Happy.
I also succumbed to  a detolf cabinet while  I was feeling flush plan is to get the horses in there.
The wires will get tucked away once I get some decent trunking and sort the light for the new cabinet.

Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial   lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 8:24 pm

Looks great Andy! I'm sick of the sight of LED lighting at the moment!! Can't think why? Lol

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial   lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 9:03 pm

LED is the way to go for a brighter future! That's a nice lineup of the lads cheers

Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial   lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm loving the light up on your Vams.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial   lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 12:04 am

...and then there was light, and it was good...

Just the incentive you needed to keep that duster handy...

Great looking figures, Andy! Looking forward to more shelves as you progress.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial   lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 2:13 pm

What we all need is an adaptor for our vacuum cleaners so it takes the pipe down to 8mm flexy hose so we can vacuum the lads without actually having to disturb them too much! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial   lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lLghts Camera Action Man - Display Case Lighting Tutorial
Page 1 of 1