ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blue parachute with netting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

Blue parachute with netting Empty
PostSubject: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Just been rifling through my bits and found what i thought was a homemade parachute with loads of string atached to it, then unwound it and found there is a netting bag that hangs underneath the parachute...

The more i look at it the more it looks like VAM, can someone put me out of my misery Smile is it a supply chute or something, what did it come with... one of the para's?

Thanks, Damo
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Picture please Damo the original supply chute was blue I believe :-)
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:14 pm

Btw Damo sas sticker is 13mm by 19mm
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Sorry for the reply Dan, this is it

Blue parachute with netting P1230310

the cargo net tighten's up so anything put in it is secured for parachuting, is it VAMMO?
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 3:24 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Sleep Sleep Sleep (narcolepsy) bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

THIS IS INDEED VAMMO DAMMO and is RARE AS RARE can get

Its the supply chute and you should have two ammo crates in the netting it was used to drop Action Man items into difficult Terrain during his campaign in the 70's

Only issued on a card for a short time Smile

Put it with the Para if you have one Wink

You must have one to accompany that fantastic moustache you had WAY WAY WAy before Movember Smile

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Alan Hall called it supply parachute and pictured it page 46 of volume 1.
There seems to be another version pictured page 115 of volume 3 where the chute is the usual blue/red/white version and the net looks to be green. This version was named support parachute by Palitoy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Alan Hall didn't call it "supply parachute". It's what Palitoy called it - that's what's written on the helmet sticker!

The woodgrain carded version is 1960s rather than 1970s, so AH Has it in the right book.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Well guys i must admit i was quoting from memory but i just looked at the books and Mike is correct it was issued in the 60;s on a woodgrain card and called the "Supply Parachute"

The Later issued one was called a "support Parachute" and was the same colour as the Red Devil of the 60's

So my guess would be only sold on a woodgrain for a short time in the 60's and my guess would be its rare as ive personally never seen one in real life ???

But again Mike can probably shed more light on its rarity and possible value Smile

But if its up for grabs ill gladly relieve you of it Damo Wink

NO PRESSURE

JUST LOOK INTO MY EYES Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

and 321 your back in the room

Address pm'd Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:36 pm

Here it is Damo. They aren't very common - similar rarity to the brown parachute for the Shock Para. I'd say £15 - £20 complete and in decent condition. Expect to pay quite a bit more for a carded one though.

Blue parachute with netting SupplyParachute_zps90a0213d
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 pm

cheers cheers

I knew you would have a carded example Mike cheers

Did you recard that or was it bought carded ????
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:52 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:55 pm

I still think that its much rarer than the brown chute ive seen lots of brown chutes and i have owned quite a few but never a blue one ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Danthecoat wrote:

Did you recard that or was it bought carded ????

I didn't need to re-card that one Dan. It's never been opened.

It may be rarer than the brown one - my view is biased as I normally concentrate on 1960s and the brown 'chute is a bit later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:17 am

In Alan's book, it is definitely to small for my eyes to read Palitoy's name...
Good reason to own a carded one Wink

I bought mine uncarded off ebay in october 2009 for 18.6£

Is the brown parachute you are talking about from the parachute equipment card page 24 volume 2 or is there another ?
I know there is also a rare Geyperman version in brown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:42 am

Didier wrote:

Is the brown parachute you are talking about from the parachute equipment card page 24 volume 2 or is there another ?

Yes, that's the brown parachute I meant - it's a hard one to find too (especially carded, although I have come across an opened card.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:05 am

thanks for your help that's great, will have to get it with my para Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:35 am

That's awesome Damo. What agreat find. Have you posted a picture of it along with your Para? Would love to see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:23 am

Ive got it now Mark so i will post a picture soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:42 am

Very Happy Seeing as Dan's helped me out so much, seemed ONLY fair to send him some supplies in a supply chute lol!

Can't wait to see it Danno!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 am

Well done chaps. Look forward to seeing the photo Dan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:38 am

Yes me too Very Happy .

Thats the great thing about our site, one good turn deserves another Very Happy , well done Danno and Damo cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue parachute with netting   Blue parachute with netting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue parachute with netting
Page 1 of 1