ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SKJ's Loft/Joe room.

Go down 
+18
BAMComix
inntruderr61
Captian action
Professor Gangrene Fan
Beatlefan
thierry
brownboots
Tof
Rossini
gibri
Wolf_Soldier64
Jet-
Hawkeye
Reddragon
TALLY HO
blueboxier
TheOneManKid
Joe90
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Empty
PostSubject: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 9:17 pm

I've finally bitten the bullet and started on a loft room for my VAM. Despite having a loft so small you couldn't swing a MAM in it I know it's the only way I'll ever get a dedicated Joe room and so construction has commenced. Well actually as a compulsive hoarder my first job has been trying to clear the loft of the mountains of 'junk' I have up there! lol!

Amongst all the tat I've found a few classic gems!
Can you guess what it is yet? D'ya think this will sell on Ebay?  lol!

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3173_zpsoumux6g6

Other cool items include...

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3182_zpsfcqrckuo

A mine from my childhood PH era Mine Detector set.

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3179_zpsdjnsxfwr

The Kung Fu Medallion free gift from Look-in magazine in 1973. Anyone remember this?

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3178_zpsc5rlemq2

The 1st 45's I ever owned! How cool are these?

...and the best thing?

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3183_zpstby0egnb

My original 1960's childhood Captain Scarlet badge! I knew I still had it somewhere! Especially cool as it'll go great with the Cap Scarlet figure I picked-up recently.

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Badgecom_zpsqfw52igq

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 9:31 pm

lol......a chat in the showers,maybe get rolf to do it ? , great pics and a trip thru your memories

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenSKJ's Loft/Joe room. G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 10:07 pm

lol! lol! lol! Fantastic finds Steve! (well apart from the Rolf L.P!) and best of all, a room for the Vam! Looking forward to future updates cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 11:38 pm

great stuff watch out hanks about
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 1:30 am

Man, that Captain Scarlet is one serious dude.

Fantastic shots, love those old 45's. I used to have a whole box of 45's from the 19 and 60's, wish I could find them...used to have a machine that held 100 45's in vertical slots. The player mechanism ran on rails in the back and would work down the line and play every one, then work it's way back and play the "B" sides.

Great stuff, looking forward to shots of the loft.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 1:34 am

Neat stuff, SKJ. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your JoeRoom.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 9:47 pm

...are all these fantastic finds going to be displayed in the Joe room too, as a display of historical artefacts that were discovered during excavation works?

Oh! and we all know what 'Waltzing Maltida' was a euphemism for now...lol!

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 2:11 am

Cool stuff! lol! lol! lol!

Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 9:12 am

Don't make too nice of a job of it or her indoors will decide it should be a guest room and you'll be whacking up a vam shed in the garden lol

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 9:07 pm

After listening to two weekends worth of banging and sawing noises coming out of the loft Cliff and Joe thought they go and check on progress.

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3233_zps71ddipf5

Unfortunately if still looks way to much like a building site and not enough like a VAM des res!

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3234_zps3u5rpimx

From suburban loft to top secret VAM HQ. Well at least the 'Artist's impression' looks good!

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3238_zpszsm8cikt

I think my office will be around here somewhere!

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3240_zpsbbu7fd4e

At least the supports are in.

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3242_zpsadb4psss

Hmmmm..a long way to go yet. Don't you just know it'll come in behind schedule and over budget!! lol!

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3243_zpshvz0ubaz

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 9:49 pm

I'm really liking the pictures of Cliff and Joe checking out how they Joe HQ is coming along, I think it's really cool that you're going to have it in your loft rsomekindajoe. Looking forward to seeing more pictures as the Joe room is coming long. I'm loving the orange safety helmets, they look so cute.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 10:02 pm

Looking good Steve, and with Joe and Hank supervising, I am sure you progress a little quicker!

Great hard hats by the way boys cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 11:54 pm

Great set of pics! cheers

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 11:58 pm

Looking good, Steve, but you do have your work cut out for you.

Should make a great Cliff and Joe room!!!

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 9:50 am

That first loft pic looked remarkably like mine Shocked

I haven't been up there for a few weeks. (Better check that SKJ isn't up there Wink )
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 10:00 am

actiongary wrote:
That first loft pic looked remarkably like mine Shocked

I haven't been up there for a few weeks. (Better check that SKJ isn't up there Wink )

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 10:56 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Looking good Steve, and with Joe and Hank supervising, I am sure you progress a little quicker!

Great hard hats by the way boys cheers
cheers i hope the guys have little grey gloves to go with the hard hats when they are helping skj finish of that fantastic vam room / man-cave study

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 11:12 am

its gonna look great
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 5:16 am

...what was actually said... Razz

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Wmecqr12

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 8:11 am

Shocked lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:52 pm

I thought I'd post an update despite there being a lack of progress up the loft lately. After a flying start, real life has got in the way as usual and I haven't had much time up there.

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3292_zpsc9qxy1xh

The floor's down in all it's 6ft by 10ft glory and some of the insulation is in.

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3291_zpswrgq5mlf

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. DSCF3295_zpsyy3k60om

On the plus side Joe did manage to persuade Hank to take a look. Having spent 30 years up the loft Hank is understandably a little reluctant to go back up there but Joe's explained how much better the new look loft will be!

SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Nobar_zpski74n1p2

Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:58 pm

Looks almost ready to move in!!!

No bar?!! Does that mean no opening party either... Shocked No

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 10:32 pm

lol! lol! lol!

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 10:37 pm

its comming on nice work
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 11:13 pm

Looking good! Thanks for the updated photos.

Interesting looking insulation, to me at least-never saw it like that before, it gives a nice finished look to the roof.

...before you install a bar or desk or anything, I think you should be thinking about some kind of exhaust fan... Shocked

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SKJ's Loft/Joe room.   SKJ's Loft/Joe room. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SKJ's Loft/Joe room.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next