ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..

Go down 
+6
inntruderr61
ghost recon
BAMComix
Rogue-Trooper
Professor Gangrene Fan
Gunner Munro
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Empty
PostSubject: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi folks

Its nearly a year now since the VAM craze gripped me ... and I saw the case with my 1980 car boot haul.. and the guys in loo.And I started to think ...I wonder if you can fix these guys up....

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. 67F68F44-65F0-4039-9142-1E61127010FB_zpsjchnugog

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. A89C9B79-1D67-4945-97C7-EE416D57891F_zpsyx5qi8fh

So I thought I'd better take stock and look back and see what the world looks like now...  Shocked

Here is the main display case .

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. D528F0AA-0EDF-4838-95BC-5AA0D46AA975_zpsi0iakp5n

The top shelf of my work bookcase.

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. 0F27E181-1D79-4A23-A8EF-FB042F8E6F1A_zpsqx9iwnwq

The table where my working papers should be ...

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. 8CBB29B3-2B82-40AF-B2F9-0361F6BDFC60_zpsn2vtwdyk

The new storage corner- need to put in a work area here to get on with various projects - eg building a 1/6th Scale Airfix strong point   Smile

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. 32BE2E8F-F6AD-44FA-BDAC-17DAA207A77C_zpsigtwyuuk
A small trench has been worn by various Heremes/Royal mail deliveries to the front door ...

Here are the latest recruits who arrived recently .

These  guys are neatly Navy, Army and Air force. I'll be keeping them together and using their current kit to give them their character names .

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. 65147EA8-8A4C-4A7F-8F15-ED24694861B2_zpspdfuroxr

These guys need some clothing Embarassed  - but will use them to start the militia squad .
And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. 29A2BE95-9C77-44AF-9572-96ED49C42A41_zpso0m1zxxz

I've got to say the the 73/76 Gripping hands & the 77/78 Hybrids are my favourites - even though they were not in my own childhood play period !   Wink

More  Max Steels to add to the Dragonian troops ( I'm also going to see if I can do some head transplants  with these and some MAM &  VAM - is it wrong to say I quite like their general build articulation- just a rubbish head sculpt !)

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. 59D19D3B-9B4E-4003-87F9-92A71A14B6EC_zpsy6pncoh0

So whats the score for 2016 ?

CH11 - project complete - Tommy Gunn and Marx Knight added.

Plus 207 more for the Munrovian Army !  Laughing  Laughing  Shocked  - Originally I thought I might build a new platoon strength... I'm hoping to get them on Parade over Xmas when SWMBO is out for the day    lol!

LJ ( aka Action soldier ) is the start of the 50th Collection.  Very Happy  

Then there are the  21  various :MAM: that have some thing to offer & 6 'rubbish " ones (barbie leg syndrome and solid arms )

I only wanted a couple of Marx knights.... but now I have 20 various figures..just need that Eagle Scout ...

Then there are the Dragonians ... Max Steel 39 and counting.

The Uniformity Project has given me a really good harvest of spare body parts - Special Forces and Chad valley ( 28)

I've also got some Lannard Ultra Corps guys -late - so they suffer from the moulded bodies syndrome (15)  Sad

The MT pool has expanded as well- the latest a Marx Jeep.

But as Black keeps reminding me ..."Oi Gunner, what about mine and Dreadnoughts grippers !??"....  Rolling Eyes  

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. 28E0C220-5EAD-43BC-BEC2-C446A9D2C3BB_zpssvoeam1t

The biggest star recruit was my first Grandson Ezra - now nearly 6 months old   Cool  

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. 7FD7D763-5571-46F7-8D65-A3A6397AA5A8_zpskjukbzjz

Just wanted to say massive thanks to every one here on AMMO   & over at UOAMHQ   for making me feel welcome to the  Action Man  clan   cheers  cheers

As Mrs Gunner aka SWMBO says "oh, perhaps you are not as strange as I thought after all ..." confused

Take care & a very Merry Xmas santa rendeer and a happy New  Action Man Year !!   Wink cheers
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 4:04 pm

Gunner Munro I really really enjoyed reading and looking through all the pictures of your look back and see what your collection looks like now. Very Happy. The table where your working papers should be, well um it looks like your working papers don't go there anymore by the looks of it Laughing, wow your new storage corner looks pretty full to me Very Happy. Well I hope you manage to fit in a work area so you can get on with various projects, which I'm really looking forward to to seeing these in the future Very Happy. I'm liking the look of your recently arrived  latest recruits, they will look fantastic once you've kitted them out and give them their character names Very Happy, the naked ones I'm guessing won't stay naked for long because once you've cleaned them up and kitted them out then they will be ready to become your  militia squad. Wow you've got MORE  Max Steels to add to the Dragonian troops and your going to see if you can do some head transplants  with these as well as some MAM &  VAM, well I wish you good luck Wink. WOW you've got one impressive long list of figures for 2016, can't wait to see what 2017 figure list is going to look like at the end of next year. I mean you've got there 21  various of MAM DROOL by the way Laughing and 39 and counting of Max Steel who became your  Dragonians ... . but as you say you've definitely got the biggest star recruit out of the whole lot your first Grandson Ezra, which he looks sooooo cute.

I really hope that you take care & a very Merry Christmas to you and a happy New  Action Man Year as well.

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 4:14 pm

Nah.... you're definitely strange lol!  ... but aren't we all..

Fantastic post Gunner. It's an amazing collection that you have there. That's a lot of Max Steele's...ever thought of maybe repainting some of their hair a different colour??

Love the proud granddad picture at the end.

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 4:18 pm

Well Steve what a start you're off too! (But I do sense a revolution unless you get Black his grippers! lol! ). I think if there was a medal for most enthusiastic new comer to a hobby, you my friend would win it! Very Happy . Your Action Man squad really is something to behold! my personal favs are your original 11, they have real character and you have really managed to bring out heir personalities Very Happy .
Another genius idea was to use the Max Steel figures as the main bad guys! I think your idea of using the max bodies for future mam bashes is a terrific one too, as the Steel body is a much better body than the stiff armed and legged mam ones.
I must admit, I am looking forward to seeing their base progressing as the boys need somewhere to base their ops from Very Happy .
You are a genuinely great guy and your passion for the hobby is second to none! So on that note, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas my friend santa santa santa santa

Keep up the great work! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Bally hell & here I was thinking that I was stuck for space lol!
Great post !

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 5:19 pm

WOW! Great collection! cheers
Great pics! Very Happy

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 6:29 pm

That's a nice tidy bundle you've got there, the loft is probably the worst place to store action figures because of extreme temperature changes.

I'm happy now that folks are starting to appreciate Max Steel a bit more, there's 3 different facial expressions to look out for on the Max Steel figures, including 3 different levels of articulation Wink

somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 7:57 pm

....Well that escalated quickly! lol!

I hope you've enjoyed your 1st year as a member of the VAM fraternity half as much as we've enjoyed your pictures and posts.  The only thing that seems to top your enthusiasm for the hobby seems to be your dedication to 'recruiting' new troops from ebay! (Admit it, you're on 1st name turns with your postman and Hermes guy now aren't you?)

santa Merry Christmas Steve and here's looking forward to the bigger and better things that are sure to be happening at Gunner HQ in 2017!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Acam24-7
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Acam24-7

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 10:36 pm

this looks like action man heaven Shocked
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 4:49 am

Wow, very impressive, Steve!!!

You really have brought a lot to the boards and the hobby in a short time with your restorations, stories and humor. I really enjoy your approach to the hobby.

Well done and thank you!!!

Brian
cheers santa cheers
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 3:42 pm

clivvers wrote:
That's a nice tidy bundle you've got there, the loft is probably the worst place to store action figures because of extreme temperature changes.

I'm happy now that folks are starting to appreciate Max Steel a bit more, there's 3 different facial expressions to look out for on the Max Steel figures, including 3 different levels of articulation Wink

Hi Clivvers

These MS arrived to day - really good value Surprised

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. E26F0439-56B6-4C3B-827E-9711528B3143_zpskpxxect7

Three came with 'sunglasses " which give them a much more "menacing" look/impact . I've added some from the Special Forces figures I got last Jan.

I think the final "bash" for the Dragonians will be taking inspiration from this fella ,

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. 9B2CC873-FF96-4D6A-8011-6BE641D86FE7_zpsjay9huur

I've got quite a lot of red devil overall's( & SAS black ones) I can use as the base look . Perhaps a black or OG dye?

This is the first super articulated MS figure I've seen . He has an interesting 'bionic bicep'  that rotates when you move the forearm - Very Mike Power  Rolling Eyes

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. E158A3E7-5175-4F84-8380-BEF04E36ED05_zpsu10naeeo

Extra hip & thigh rotation, extendable knee joint and rotating ankle

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. A05063EA-929A-476E-8089-6700C84147C9_zpsf9fii4dz

Gunner 2.0's head is looking for a doner body - I might as well take this one lol! It will be like looking into the mirror  lol!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 4:04 pm

gibri wrote:
Wow, very impressive, Steve!!!

You really have brought a lot to the boards and the hobby in a short time with your restorations, stories and humor. I really enjoy your approach to the hobby.

Well done and thank you!!!

Brian
cheers santa cheers

Hi folks
Thanks for all the positive feedback . I get loads of inspiration from you guys !!

I'm a bit pressed for time due to work/personal reasons so hopefully will get some shots/stories sorted over the xmas hols …The Munrovians are forming …but where is Drax ????Twisted Evil

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. 08E004E7-E35A-4398-B1E8-2DA4C9D913FF_zpsvnwqv5bm
And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. FCE487E7-786F-4488-B5A0-5F4A023C9644_zpsngbv4obdAnd it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. BD6A0A7F-B1F6-4A76-B6F6-B148979EB936_zpspwytavii
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 4:15 pm

On some fiendish mission o doubt! Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..   And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft….. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And it started with a trip to get the Xmas decorations from the loft…..
Page 1 of 1