ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May 2016 Interview - Chip!

Go down 
+2
Captian action
BAMComix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

May 2016 Interview - Chip! Empty
PostSubject: May 2016 Interview - Chip!   May 2016 Interview - Chip! Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Name ?
Mark

Online name ?
Chip

Location ?
On the Herts and Essex Border

First Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figure ?
Action Soldier with hard Blue Beret .

What was your favourite figure as a kid, and do you still own him?
Well Action man was my favourite figure ( of Course ) I accumulated quite a lot of kit and figures in the end .I had a boxed Sailor , and have fond memories of the Escape from Colditz Officer , the Commander that came with the large radio set , and mission to dragon island set . Didn`t really have a favourite , I liked most of the range , but confess I did find the ceremonials lacked play ability .I didn`t have much if any German stuff , so the enemy if any was normally some 1/6th scale plastic Darleks . I still have the last blonde Eagle Eye figure I got before my interest waned at around 13 I suppose , most of the other stuff has gone . I have him dressed in a nice vintage last issue Sailor uniform now .

Favourite figure now ?
So many options .. not really have an absolute favourite , I do very much like the Mountaineer range of figures ,and the complete combat Soldier , with all the kit , field jacket , pack , E-tool and Pup tent ect . Just before my time as a kid , but amazing detail .

Most desired item ?
Not really collecting much at the moment , but I guess I would still of liked to have the Argyll in my collection , which I only ever acquired bits of .

What will you do with your collection as you get older ?
I am already thining it out , I am sure I will always keep more than I probably should though , I`ll just keep
enjoying looking and taking the odd photo of them , I think .

What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of your collection/hobby?
She quite likes it on the side I think , she has let me have just about all that I want , though she thinks the new Hot toys stuff ect has got ridiculously expensive , and I agree .

Do you set yourself a budget ?
I definitely put a kerb on what I will spend these days . I pass alot of stuff by , though I am shocked at how much the vintage prices have dropped , it`s a great time to be collecting the vintage stuff I think . I sort of wish I had just got into it .

Worst Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figure ?
Those MAM figures that came with plastic molded on clothes .

Views on 40th reproductions ?
I don`t like to say it , but the 40th really put a downer on my collecting , and I have not really recovered from it . I don`t own any of it apart from some replacement gripping hands . I think it has it`s place now , and though I don`t see me ever getting into it , I am sure it`s brought pleasure to a good deal of people .

Worst item of the Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 range ?
Space Ranger gloves could of been a lot better .

Best thing about collecting Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figures ?
I have learnt a great deal of different things from collecting , largely around military history but not just that. Have enjoyed the hunting and searching for stuff .And it does often remind me of my childhood .

Do you think your collection will be collectible in the future ?
I think some bits will remain more collectible than others , the artwork on some of the boxed stuff is amazing for example. I can not imagine our hero will ever be completely forgotten , things have a habit of being the in thing ...and then not and then in again .

If you did not collect Vam/Joe/Mam what would you collect ?
I would love to have the Britain's Zoo stuff I used to have , and I have always fancied an O guage train set .

What AM/Joe outfit or set would you like to have seen released?
That`s a really tough question , the range was so huge . There were so many uniforms , I think I wished for or would of wanted as a kid . I never gave a thought to " why don`t they release that" ?

Do you have a/What is your favourite section of AMMO?
urrmm .... I like looking at other folks collections and figures , those posts are the ones that make me keep hold of stuff , they remind me how good Action Man is Keep the photos coming folks ! I like seeing what stuff makes these days , so like the for sales section .

Why do you like AMMO ?
I like that it covers most the other figures that were around with Action Man as well , it seems a very friendly and a peaceful forum by and by not always the way on a lot of forums these days .
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: May 2016 Interview - Chip!   May 2016 Interview - Chip! Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Thanks Chip for such a great interview cheers . I hope you keep hold of your collection, and if us guys can inspire you with photos we will do our best to keep you interested! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: May 2016 Interview - Chip!   May 2016 Interview - Chip! Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 12:28 pm

Great read, thanks Chip !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenMay 2016 Interview - Chip! G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: May 2016 Interview - Chip!   May 2016 Interview - Chip! Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Excellent interview Mark, enjoyed reading it... Very Happy

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: May 2016 Interview - Chip!   May 2016 Interview - Chip! Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Great interview, Mark, thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us. It is always interesting reading as everyone has a somewhat different take on things.

Nice to get to know you better.

cheers cheers cheers
Brian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May 2016 Interview - Chip!   May 2016 Interview - Chip! Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 7:30 pm

Great interview thanks for taking the time to do it
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: May 2016 Interview - Chip!   May 2016 Interview - Chip! Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 4:26 am

Awesome interview Chip! Very Happy

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: May 2016 Interview - Chip!   May 2016 Interview - Chip! Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 1:23 pm

Glad you all liked it , I was a bit dubious about it at first , but felt it rather an honor as well . Those questions really help you think about your collecting too , thanks for thinking of me as a candidate .

Cheers Mark .

PostSubject: Re: May 2016 Interview - Chip!   May 2016 Interview - Chip! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

May 2016 Interview - Chip!
Page 1 of 1