ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART

Go down 
+5
Sparkys6887
Danthecoat
BAMComix
inntruderr61
Joe90
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:57 am

Fighting Yank/ Johnny Combat Sets

These are accepted to be the earliest Fighting Yank packaging. This is an excellent example of how the knock-off market functioned. If your retail competition had a Fighting Yank "exclusive" you could have Johnny Combat...

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART IMG_6584b

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART 16ca_12

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART 1cb2_3

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART BL40g2kKGrHgoOKiYEjlLmfETBJhnnvv3Q_

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART P8130009

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART F702_3

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Knock_off

Subsequent run packaging variants.

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART 2ed0_1

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART 3224_1

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Rkoch9119

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART FYSki1

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART FYSki1

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Cb0d_1

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART IMG_3801

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Becd_1

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Ff7a_1

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Figting_yank

Fighting Ace Sets

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART WatertownNYDailyTimes1966OctGraysca

These are excellent quality. Sometimes the only way you can tell the difference between FA and GI Joe is by the stamp.

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART FightingAceMP

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART BUjb1dCGkKGrHgoOKicEjlLmZ3G2BKOEfVzKNOCK-OFF BOX ART BUqiDuQmkKGrHgoH-CoEjlLlfZ3LBKOo6Q8

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Fightingace6110firstaidKNOCK-OFF BOX ART Fightingacesnowshoes

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART AirForceDressBlues

Here is a 1966 JC Penney catalog ad featuring their "exclusive" uniform sets. They look to be a mix of My Buddy and Fighting Ace sets.

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART JCPenny1966_Page0366-1

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART 13922

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Joe444
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 4:26 am

Great items Doug! Thanks for sharing! cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:04 am

Those are fantastic Doug !! never seen those before, great upload cheers
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 3:13 pm

cheers cheers

Superb i can honestly see where most of my knock off bits are from now Smile
Back to top Go down

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 9:33 am

Nice sets those joe thanks for showing them bounce bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:33 pm

Totally fascinating. Some of the uniforms and extra bits like the snow shoes oils be VAM or Gi Joe. I can. Ertainly see the appeal of collecting these. Great upload Doug
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 3:27 pm

OMG, just found this little treasure post! Very cool items indeed, these type of sets bring back memories for me Very Happy

I remember knock off sets being sold in my local newsagents/sweetshop in the late 60's, they were pocket money sets, there was a lot of it about back then. I remember getting a Redbox Polar ski set plus some other carded items, one of the sets had a roll of 1/6 barbed wire and some sandbags, i remember opening the set in my back garden, it was a bright sunny day and no doubt 1/6 war was on the cards down the end of my garden, that's all i remember.

Smile

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 1:02 pm

The quality of the early knock-off sets certainly compared well to Joe/Action Man. I remember buying a Red-Box Dress Pilot uniform that had thick material and a well tailored shirt. As far as I know Palitoy never released the GI Joe Dress Pilot in Action Man packaging, so a knock-off version was all that was available.
Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 9:22 am

WOW Never seen before.

It's so surprising how many do make knock offs. Sometimes with KO that excel the original ideas too LOL

Looking at these they kind of have a SOTW feel to them, or is the quality Joe standard?
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 8:13 pm

Cool stuff!

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 12:07 am

Most interesting , thank you for posting , I have had some of that stuff in the past I am sure , but never really new it`s history .

Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 8:54 am

Nice post and some cool artwork on the packages thanks for sharing a great collection cheers cheers cheers

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Empty
PostSubject: Re: KNOCK-OFF BOX ART   KNOCK-OFF BOX ART Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KNOCK-OFF BOX ART
Page 1 of 1