ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First post with pictures- A place to call Home

Go down 
+3
somekindajoe
gibri
BAMComix
7 posters
AuthorMessage

First post with pictures- A place to call Home Empty
PostSubject: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 7:03 pm

OK, so i've been trying to post for a while now, with Razz's encouragement. When i try to post a photo, i get an ad popup for Servimg instead of a place to paste my Imgur link. Razz is able to post pictures from his pad if logged in as me. I have tried everything i can think of, including a back up and reset of my pad last night.
Out of desperation, i installed Topic'it today. IMHO, it is a horrible interface and i may not post much if i can't get my root problem fixed.

Anyway, on the positive side: i do mostly Sci Fi, Robots, Droids, Space Marines, etc. inhave several WIPs that include a Space Station, Cargo Vessel and a Battleship ( The Iowa II) because they are so large, work on them is slow and i decided the guys needed a place to stay while on Mars.
This is my Hab, which is also a WIP, but closer to being finished soon.
I hope you like it!
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223410
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223411
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223412
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223413
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223414

First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223417
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223418
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223419
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223420
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223421
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223422
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223423
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 15223424
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Wow awesome project! And great job! cheers
I really like the accessories you have also! cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 7:21 pm

That is a terrific build! and your guys look great in there! bounce . I hope we can sort this posting issue for you. I personally prefer flickr to upload pics cheers . I look forward too seeing more of your work! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 7:26 pm

Holy cow, that is some superb work!!!

Brilliant and I really hope you sort the posting issues 'cause I wanna see more!!! bounce bounce bounce

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 8:37 pm

Fantastic!

Seems like everyone is building a col dio lately!! cheers cheers

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 12:09 am

Coming along very nicely, PB!! cheers About time you figured out how to post pics here lol!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 2:11 am

You can also post pics using the host a image button right here on this forum... Very Happy

First post with pictures- A place to call Home 209_0926
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 209_0925

PostSubject: Re: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 2:34 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
You can also post pics using the host a image button right here on this forum... Very Happy

First post with pictures- A place to call Home 209_0926
First post with pictures- A place to call Home 209_0925

For me, clicking that button brings up the previously mentioned Servimg ad.
It's frustrating for me because I'm not a novice, I repaired computers for years. When someone send a screen shot with the best of intentions , I appreciate it, but it's like the Internet company suggesting you reboot your modem.  Very Happy
I know what's supposed to happen, it just doesn't.
For the record, I get the same thing on ALL forumotion forum's. There is clearly a problem on my iPad, I'm just missing something that should be obvious to me.
Thanks though!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 4:28 am

Dude! This is EPIC!

And I totally love it that because your other projects are "too big" to finish quickly, your "quick" project is a Mars habitat! "Because the guys need a place to stay when they're on Mars!"

This looks so cool with all the little details, like the tool board, and all the clutter on the lab table.

I appreciate the WIP photos, too. I like seeing how you are fabricating the curved outer hull.

As for posting photos: well, I use a desktop computer, because it's easier for me to type, copy, and paste than on tablet touch screen, but the process should be the same. I use an external image host (Flickr rather than Imgur, but the process should be similar) and then I manually post the photo to this forum.

1. Find the appropriately sized version of the photo on your hosting site, usually by using the "share" button if your service offers one: 640 as the longest dimension works well. 800 works, too. Much bigger than that can do wonky things to the page margins.

2. Copy the URL of the properly sized image.

3. On your forum post or comment, type
Code:
[img]paste image URL here[/img]
- It should look something like:
Code:
[img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/797/40182910555_6b7b222b0e_z.jpg[/img]

4. Alternatively, this forum uses BBCode. If your image hosting service offers a sharing option of BBCode (Flickr does; I don't know about Imgur), select that, copy the BBCode link provided, and just paste it in to your post or comment.

5. As a test, I just went to the Imgur site, copied the URL of a random image, and pasted it in here:
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/7499LWk.jpg[/img]
It displays perfectly.
(I have now converted the image tags to a "code" display, because I shouldn't be sharing somebody else's photo without permission. But as an experiment, it worked.)

Okay, with that out of the way: I wanna see your space battleship!

Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 5:10 am

fantastic work
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 4:32 pm

Great work! Beautifully done!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 4:42 pm

PBFresh, I understand about you ipad...

Really enjoyed your above building skills! cheers

PostSubject: Re: First post with pictures- A place to call Home   First post with pictures- A place to call Home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First post with pictures- A place to call Home
Page 1 of 1