ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chips old Boys

Go down 
+10
Kimono Troop Command
FIELD STATION 42
inntruderr61
TheOneManKid
BAMComix
TNshooter
gibri
Professor Gangrene Fan
Chip
The-Procrastinator
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 1:23 am

Hi all , it`s over due for me to post something here . I had a huge vintage collection , but have sold much of it and it`s now just a shadow of what it was . I do look back sometimes , but no point crying over what I stupidly or not got rid of . I do still have quite a lot of Action Man figures along with some Geyperman and Action team dudes . I recently had an urge to take an interest in them again , and finally got round to some photos .

Well I `ll kick it off with these chaps . There can not be many of us who didn`t have a Mountie here in England , it was free if you collected enough stars and sent them off , as was Brutus the Dog , in fact I think that was the only way to get Brutus the Dog ? As you can will see My Brutus had pups . Very Happy The A.M Mountie was a superb uniform and a has very close resemblance to the real deal . There were from what I can gather minor differences in the early issue through to later ones , this appears mainly in the thickness of the buttons from what I can tell .

The Mountie always got his man , so it`s said .....

Chips old Boys  1-P1140235

Here I have Mounted my Mountie on the A.M brown Horse, this is often referred too as the Cavalry charger or Indian Pony I believe .

Chips old Boys  2-P1140189

Chips old Boys  3-P1140194

Here he is with his best friend Brutus , I still have my childhood Brutus .

Chips old Boys  4-P1140203

So along with the brown Horse , here is one of my other Mounties Mounted on the more common black Horse , this is also from my Childhood , though I had to scrounge him a new saddle and tack .

Chips old Boys  5-P1140208

Chips old Boys  6-P1140215

A group photo of My Mounties and the Faithful Brutus with pups , you have to have them in hand really to pic out the early issues buttons on the tunic . There are a couple of oddities here , in that I have two left and two right handed holsters scratch The original Brutus Chains were brass in colour , one of mine has been given a silver replacement chain .

Chips old Boys  7-P1140220

I added a few accessories to my 1st issue Painted Head Mountie , I believe the G.I Joe versions had a few variations on what came or could be added to the basic outfit .

Chips old Boys  8-P1140225

Hopefully I`ll add some more of My vintage figures to this thread . I hope you enjoyed looking at these .

BAMComix and Hawkeye like this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 4:19 am

That is a super nice collection of Mounties Chip.

Back to top Go down

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 4:41 am

I have no idea as to the truth of "a mountie always gets his man" but you seem to have got more than a few great mounties!
Excellent stuff! Glad you didn't get rid of them! cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 7:35 am

Very nice Chip. Great photos too. Good too see Brutus in there too, I still have mine from childhood too bounce bounce .
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 2:26 pm

Glad you like them , I hope it encourages some other vintage collectors to post here . I will try and post some more from my collection in due course .

Professor Gangrene Fan

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 2:47 pm

I’m really loving the look of your Royal Canadian Mounted Police VAM collection. Am I right in thinking Chip that your a fan of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police VAM set.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 3:42 pm

No Face Fan. wrote:
I’m really loving the look of your  Royal Canadian Mounted Police VAM collection. Am I right in thinking Chip that your a fan of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police VAM set.

Yes , what gave it away Alex ? Very Happy

Admin
gibri

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 11:13 pm

Fantastic Mounties, Chip!!!

I've always liked this figure and while I was never able to get the VAM set, I do have the very nice Mountie figure released by Dragon Models way back when they were just starting to make figures. I always wondered why Dragon made the Mountie as it is so much different than what was their seemingly never ending WWII Germans and G. I.'s

but I love your VAM Mounties, Chip and really like how you have them dressed out and posed for the shots.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 am

Thanks Gibri . Wink

New Recruit
The-Procrastinator

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 8:34 am

That's awesome Chip.

Even though it's a pretty common outfit it can be tricky to get right and getting the right gun and a hat that still has it's band can be a struggle.

Funnily enough, while I now think that it's a great outfit I hated it when I was a kid - my men were always under resourced -logistics problems with the staff, and the poor fella that had to go into battle dressed in bright red was always the first to take the bullet.
Happy days.

Still an awesome set though Chip

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 2:50 pm

Cheers T.P , glad they brought back some memories for you .

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 3:19 am

I find that mask a bit odd for a mountie. Did it come with the set?
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:54 pm

LeStryge wrote:
I find that mask a bit odd for a mountie. Did it come with the set?

No I added it for when he is on Snow Patrols , along with the rifle and Snow Shoes . The G.I Joe versions as mentioned had some variations , I thought it added a little more interest .

New Recruit
The-Procrastinator

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 2:39 pm

I believe that some of the later Geyperman, Action Team, etc. sets came with some variations including a walkie talkie (like the one in the Action Man Training outfit set), plus hunting rifles, binoculars and so on.

And I think the G I Joe version may have had brown boots instead of black.

I once saw a mountie wearing a polar explorer parka (the fleecy one) - not standard but looked good.

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 9:17 pm

My Navy Attack figure . Again bits added that could be gained from accessories cards .

Chips old Boys  1-P1140316

Chips old Boys  2-P1140318

Chips old Boys  3-P1140300

Chips old Boys  4-P1140290

Chips old Boys  5-P1140292

Chips old Boys  6-P1140295

Chips old Boys  7-P1140298

BAMComix and Hawkeye like this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 10:12 pm

Liking the look of your Navy Attack figure.

Admin
gibri

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 2:59 am

Great set, Mark!!!

There was a reissue Joe set that came with some cast metal gear like the 30 cal and the ammo box.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 4:02 am

Great kit Mark!

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 4:04 am

gibri wrote:
There was a reissue Joe set that came with some cast metal gear like the 30 cal and the ammo box.

I have a heavy weapons set that came with cast metal gear, just not sure exactly where it
is at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 4:50 am

TNshooter wrote:
just not sure exactly where it is at the moment.
Story of my life..... lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 8:27 am

Very smart indeed Chip bounce .
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 6:08 am

That's quite a collection!

TheOneManKid wrote:
I did have more or less complete Mountie, but I gave it all to my buddy in the States, as it is not so easy to get a Mountie put together over there, as I understand.

Yes, Mountie's are hard to find here in the states. It was one of the 1967 figures along with the late 1966
release of the Soldiers of the World. Anti-war sentiment during the Vietnam conflict, from what I understand,
caused Joe's to be pulled from store shelves. That along with the Soldiers of the World, the Mountie, the race
car driver and the State Trooper. And with the GI Nurse, which didn't get good sales due to being a female.
Boys apparently didn't want a female figure during those times.

All of those figures are very rare to find. And bring a lot of money to get. Especially the nurse, they seem to
fetch $2,000 or more when one is up for sale. The Soldiers of the World and other 1967 figures bring lots of
money.

Joe was a bit scarce during 1968, but in 1969 he was re-introduced as "The Adventures of GI Joe." Which in
1970 he became the Adventure Team. It was at that point he got flocked hair, which I understand that Palitoy
did first with Action Man.

Of course this is all things I've heard, I'm not an expert.

Daryl
Back to top Go down

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 6:50 am

TNshooter wrote:
Yes, Mountie's are hard to find here in the states.
So let me get this straight.
A Mountie always got his man, but a man couldn't get his Mountie? lol!

TNshooter wrote:
1970 he became the Adventure Team. It was at that point he got flocked hair, which I understand that Palitoy
I have several Action Men still with their original hair flocking.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 7:23 am

TNshooter wrote:
I have several Action Men still with their original hair flocking.[/quote]

Apart from the blonde Aussie, those in the box are original flocks also.

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 11:57 am

I have Adventure Team figures, as far as I know, still have
their original flocking. Very Happy

I've had a couple of Man of Action figures that I've had
re-flocked, along with my Adventure Team commander.
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten his talking mechanism fixed.
A guy at The Trenches screwed me over on that a few years
ago. I'm looking for someone else who will make him right.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chips old Boys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chips old Boys
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next