ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chips old Boys

Go down 
+10
Kimono Troop Command
FIELD STATION 42
inntruderr61
TheOneManKid
BAMComix
TNshooter
gibri
Professor Gangrene Fan
Chip
The-Procrastinator
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Chips Old Boys New fig added 6-03-22    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2021 11:56 pm

Geyperman M.P , I think these are quite sort after now ? I also think this is one of the best Vintage M.P figure uniforms that was released . My Geyperman , has gone a bit loose at the knees , any suggestions for a fix anyone ? Big thanks to Lestrype for the correct black  boots , you can see these in the last photo , I had mine dressed with tall brown boots , Signalman suggests these were also used . I didn`t think the black boots would look so good , but I rather like the look of them now he is wearing them .

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 1-P1140488

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 2-P1140481

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 3-P1140482

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 4-P1140485

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 5-P1140500

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 6-P1140493

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 7-P1140501

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 8-P1140510

Last edited by Chip on Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

BAMComix, Hawkeye, TNshooter and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 1:43 am

Striking MP Chip! cheers

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 3:14 am

I’m really liking the look of your Geyperman M.P. Your pictures are brilliant of your Geyperman M.P.

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 4:59 am

I'm just delighted to have been some small part of your wonderful restoration of Geyperman Chip!
I think the black boots look great! So glad they arrived safely! (And proved to be originals too!)
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 7:31 am

Wonderful shots Chip! your Geyper looks fantastic!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 3:42 pm

Sharp-looking "original" figure! While I of course enjoy "playing with" GI JOE and friends, these days I love seeing a classic restored to his original glory!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 3:48 pm

Nice figure and pristine uniform!
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 12:26 am

Great looking figures to be sure. The Mounties are ace.

You're right Chip, that Geyperman MP of yours is a very sought after figure in that state and as such is valuable.

They do a really nice repro version on Hobbycrash and even that's usually out of stock.

Hope to see some more of your vintage guys.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 11:05 am

Chip wrote:
Geyperman M.P , I think these are quite sort after now ? I also think this is one of the best Vintage M.P figure uniforms that was released . My Geyperman , has gone a bit loose at the knees , any suggestions for a fix anyone ?

That is a cracking uni Chip.. Cool I have a real soft spot for Geyper man second issue. I love the look in their eyes.

I'd also be interested in any tips for tightening the old legs /knees. I have use rubber bands before now Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 5:16 am

Gunner Munro wrote:
I love the look in their eyes.
Speaking of the eyes, look closely at the paint job in Chip's first photo. It's formulaic, but not at all what I'd expect an eye to look like.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 12:05 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Gunner Munro wrote:
I love the look in their eyes.
Speaking of the eyes, look closely at the paint job in Chip's first photo. It's formulaic, but not at all what I'd expect an eye to look like.

Yes Barry. You probably know these were EE head moulds destined to have the 'Eagle Eyes' but for a reason I can't remember, the Spanish makers of Geyperman didn't go with the new eye look.

Maybe some other more knowledgeable member can fill in the blanks and correct me if I am inaccurate?

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 2:17 pm

I think the Geyperman heads are some of the best Vintage heads .

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 4:22 pm

Chip wrote:
I think the Geyperman heads are some of the best Vintage heads .

There's a lot of love for them alright Chip. Very Happy  
There was a big discussion thread on AMHQ about this very topic a few years ago.

Most collectors, myself included, regard these figures very very highly indeed.
The fixed eyes are a moot point amongst some, but it must be said, that this with the head sculpt gives them a unique signature look of their own.

I only own one Geyperman Adventuro reissue figure.
These are tooled from the original molds and the build quality is top notch.
This guy is one of my collection faves.

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 20190510-152558

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 20190507-145636

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 20190507-145652

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 20190521_123542

Kev.

Hawkeye and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 11:33 pm

He looks real good , and as the original moulds were used he has more appeal than the A.M 40th stuff in my opinion .

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2022 12:19 am

Action Man Secret Mission to Dragon Island .

This was without doubt one of my favourite A.M kits . I had the set as a kid , sadly he went on missions elsewhere . But I Have re recruited a couple of sets . It is a very hard figure to put together if you scrounge the set up via loose parts , or have some parts missing . Unique to the set , was the uniform , the thin cotton belt has an adjustable slider , the silver Colt and knuckle knife , and the rucksack and map all unique to this set as far as I know . A small comic came with the set too , which I forgot to get photos of , but do have . My eagle eye set has a gold handled Knuckle knife , I have a feeling I have a silver one tucked up in a Special Operations Bag , but have yet to confirm . There is a few knock off silver Colts out there , and again my Eagle Eye set has one of those I believe . Add in those fragile Gold pliers and the compass , all quite difficult to pick up these days . Anyway here is my Secret Mission to Dragon Island set . Hope you dig him like I do .

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 1-P1140812

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 2-P1140877

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 3-P1140878

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 4-P1140856

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 5-P1140833

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 6-P1140889

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 7-P1140829

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 8-P1140838

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 9-P1140840

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 10-P1140896

I added some kit , I thought would be rather fitting to this set , just for fun and play value . I thought a detonator and a roll of fuse wire , would help with the dynamite , a signal lamp and flare gun to help him get extracted from the island once his mission was over , and a pair of bins and first aid kit .

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 11-P1140869

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2022 5:43 am

The kits was excellent to start with but your additions take it to another level!!!  cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2022 2:48 pm

Nice assortment of original accessories, including a paper map! Fun stuff!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2022 5:17 pm

Awesome Chip! cheers cheers cheers
Military era for AM and Joe are my favorites! cheers

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2022 10:53 pm

Thanks very much for looking and the kind words peeps . Wink

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2022 12:00 pm

I really like him Chip,

I'm in the middle of sorting through my VAM at the mo , so will take on the Chip Dragon Island challenge and see what I can rustle up !

This set was after my time .. effectively I stopped serious AM play around '74 ( 13/14 ish) and they probably went "up in the loft" around that time Embarassed Embarassed .. So i missed out on the grippers, eagle eyes and BP's ..

But I think that 1970-77 period must be the Golden Era for our old pal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 1:05 am

Taken me forever to get some figures and pics together . Here is my Vintage A.M Commander " Chip " . I was inspired to use a shirt and tie as opposed to a scarf , by some pics from the rather inspiring work of MiskatonicNick . Re flock was by Dreadnaut , thanks Kev . Like me has gone a bit grey , and occasionally needs to wear glasses . I home made the tie , and done a copy / custom of the Colditz officers suit case . Added a few bit`s and bobs for props . He needed his hands renewed , so has 40th grippers . I am quite pleased how he turned out . Perhaps of interest to some , his trousers actually have a stitched in A.M label , very much a rarity I would say . Hope you like him anyways .

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 1-P1150921

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 2-P1150923

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 3-P1150929

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 4-P1150934

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 5-P1150910

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 6-P1150924

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 7-P1150919

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 8-P1150908

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 9-P1150904

Chips old Boys  - Page 2 10-P1150938

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 2:10 am

Hi Chip, 
That's a mission accomplished with your captain there cheers cheers cheers He looks fantastic . I really like the shirt and tie look, it's very fitting  cheers I also like the officers suitcase you made and filled with very fitting accessories  cheers I am glad you are pleased with him and I myself would be very pleased with the offer had turned out cheers cheers cheers 
And your figures above the offer are very nice looking figures Chip. cheers A real pleasure to view  cheers
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 5:00 am

He looks great Chip. cheers
The glasses with the grey hair is a very nice touch, along with the shirt and tie and suitcase.
That's a figure anyone would be proud to have in their collectioin.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 5:01 am

Quite a distinguished trooper, there! The necktie gives him a stylishly formal appearance.

The wooden desk, or more like a map table, is very nice, too. Did you construct that yourself?

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 6:59 am

Very,very cool Chip! the shirt and tie are a fab combo! Also, what a great flock! You have put together a really nice set bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chips old Boys    Chips old Boys  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chips old Boys
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next