ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Empty
PostSubject: Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp    Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 am

I blame Dal ! Very Happy  

I always get a smile out of the Random figures in Dals ( Blondeactionman ) collection . His random pics of his collection in the arms are most interesting and entertaining .

The last couple of months I have brought some off beat ( for Me )  figures . You can see in my posts , the HULK and the Wolverine have showed up . And now I have Darth Maul . I have not payed the exorbitant Hot toys prices , but built them up from cheaper , though still often expensive parts and done my own twist on them . This was a rather cheap Hasbro Darth Maul figure . I think he is rather good in his own right the head sculpt looks great to my eyes  , but he did need an upgrade on his gloves and boots . Alex has kindly sent me some boots , thanks Alex , I hope to work on and offer to Darth Maul in due course , but have swapped them out for now anyway . I used some shrink tube to make his gloves into gauntlets , detailed gauntlets in 1/6th are stupid money for some reason . I gave him a new body too , I think it gives him some better pose ability . I have always been a sucker for the bad guys like Darth Maul .....

Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  1-P1140249

Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  2-P1140243

Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  3-P1140238

Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  4-P1140254

Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  5-P1140261

Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  6-P1140283

Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  7-P1140281

Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  8-P1140268

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp    Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 4:20 am

Darth Maul was without doubt the best villain character in Star Wars, but for some unfathomable reason, he simply got killed off in just the one movie!
He could have had a great run!
I have a Darth Maul that has moulded on clothing above the waist with some cloth drapes below. He's battery powered and makes light-sabre noises and maybe says something? Can't quite remember. I take any batteries out of all powered figures in case of deterioration.
Yours is coming up beautifully!
Is that robe from Emperor Palpatine? It looks identical to the one on my figure of that bloke.

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp    Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 5:21 am

That is a great looking Darth Maul figure Chip.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp    Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 8:26 am

Nice figure Chip! he really came together well!A worthy figure to sit with all your others! You have really brought him to life bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp    Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 8:28 am

LeStryge wrote:
Darth Maul was without doubt the best villain character in Star Wars, but for some unfathomable reason, he simply got killed off in just the one movie!

ou should check out the cgi Clone Wars TV show, which you can pick up on dvd/bluray. Here, you will find out Darth Maul's true fate and the part he plays in the chaos when the Emperor takes control bounce bounce .
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp    Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 2:57 pm

Thanks all , I totally agree he did not get a long enough run in the movies and is indeed a superb character . He came boxed , so all his clothes came with him , I wouldn`t be surprised if Hasbro didn`t use parts for different figures though . I might have to get a Jedi now for him to spar with ......it`s a never ending hobby that needs constant feeding . Arrow

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp    Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 3:28 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Here, you will find out Darth Maul's true fate and the part he plays in the chaos when the Emperor takes control
In the movie poor old Maul was cut completely in half horizontally at the culmination of the light-sabre duel.
If I remember the character re-appears in "Clone Wars" as a sort of combination man/robot, with this bizarre robotic lower body and legs attached from waist.
A very sad re-birth for such a great initial character I think.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp    Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 8:47 am

LeStryge wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
Here, you will find out Darth Maul's true fate and the part he plays in the chaos when the Emperor takes control
In the movie poor old Maul was cut completely in half horizontally at the culmination of the light-sabre duel.
If I remember the character re-appears in "Clone Wars" as a sort of combination man/robot, with this bizarre robotic lower body and legs attached from waist.
A very sad re-birth for such a great initial character I think.

If you watch it through to its full conclusion, Maul, becomes so much more than that cheers cheers . It's well worth a watch Barry Very Happy

Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Ahsoka-maul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp    Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 12:40 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
If you watch it through to its full conclusion, Maul, becomes so much more than that cheers cheers . It's well worth a watch Barry
Must admit I didn't get all the way with "Clone Wars".
Might have to re-visit the series. Wasn't all that thrilled with the newly introduced Ahsoka Tano, ....oh and those idiotic robotic soldier(?) things that ran around like the Three Stooges all the time saying "roger, roger" but couldn't shoot anything.
Really enjoyed the graphics though.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp    Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 8:24 am

LeStryge wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
If you watch it through to its full conclusion, Maul, becomes so much more than that cheers cheers . It's well worth a watch Barry
Must admit I didn't get all the way with "Clone Wars".
Might have to re-visit the series. Wasn't all that thrilled with the newly introduced Ahsoka Tano, ....oh and those idiotic robotic soldier(?) things that ran around like the Three Stooges all the time saying "roger, roger" but couldn't shoot anything.
Really enjoyed the graphics though.

Season seven is a masterpiece Barry, imo Very Happy .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp    Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 11:54 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Season seven is a masterpiece Barry, imo Very Happy .
If you recommend it, I'll certainly give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp    Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darth Maul Hasbro Re-vamp
Page 1 of 1